Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hsb said:
Enjoy the Cantillon Kriek, fantastic beer.
It's definitely different. I just poured myself a glass then, and instantly from the smell I knew it would be what I was expecting. It has that sour smell to it, but not so much in a way that it is off-putting.

The first sip met my expectations. I only had a small sip to start with, but it still packed a bit of a punch. The flavour is hard to pick. I might need to let it warm up a bit to their recommended serving temperature to release a bit more flavour and aroma.

It is a nice beer, but it will most likely take a bit of drinking to fully enjoy it. I would definitely grab it again, and others of the same style, though.

And here's a picture in the glass.

IMG_20130305_163020.jpg

Murray's icon 2ipa used by 01/02/14- Grabbed from the bottleshop next to the Albion.
Beer is flat as a tack, syrupy and almost undrinkable.
If i didn't need some alcohol encouragement to work on my tafe assignment this afternoon i would of poured it.
Totally unacceptable due to the bottle shop being less then 40KM down the rd from the brewery.

On a lighter note i had said beer about 2 months ago on tap at the brewery and was great.

Really hoping the 'Grand cru' i got in the fridge is in better condition.

mikec said:
epic-hop-zombie-returns-2012.jpg

Had one of these yesterday for the first time.
Some IPA's I find overly bitter with nothing else to back it up - not so the Hop Zombie!
Lots of flavour and not too bitter, very nice indeed.

In other words its a fresh IPA (agree Hop Zombie is great). Stale IPAs just become bitter with nothing to offer. A lot of imports are far beyond their best.

punkin said:
Went back and got two more pints of the Old Peculiar today. For $5 a bottle it's unbeatable. Also got a Midnight Black IPA from Temple and a West Coast IPA.
Had another Old Pec at the weekend. Bloody beautiful drop.

goldenchild said:
Murray's icon 2ipa used by 01/02/14- Grabbed from the bottleshop next to the Albion.
Beer is flat as a tack, syrupy and almost undrinkable.
If i didn't need some alcohol encouragement to work on my tafe assignment this afternoon i would of poured it.
Totally unacceptable due to the bottle shop being less then 40KM down the rd from the brewery.

On a lighter note i had said beer about 2 months ago on tap at the brewery and was great.

Really hoping the 'Grand cru' i got in the fridge is in better condition.
Send Murray's an email. Shawn is very receptive of feedback on the beers, especially of issues such as this.

Adamski29 said:
file-62.jpg

file-66.jpg

Good lineup with a good mate.
wowsers :icon_drool2: looks like a great line up, how were this two in particular ? was the megablend worth the $ ?

Adamski29, how did you find the Tilquin and Horal's? Where do they sit on the scale of intensity?

wowsers :icon_drool2: looks like a great line up, how were this two in particular ? was the megablend worth the $ ?

The Moon Dog was pretty tasty, nice oak fruitiness from the barrel and the Brett. Megablend was only $22. I picked it over an SN Brux that was $25.

Bizier said:
Adamski29, how did you find the Tilquin and Horal's? Where do they sit on the scale of intensity?
Tilquin was at Purvis Beer in Richmond. They had HEAPS. Scored 100 on Ratebeer but I didn't really see why. It was a nice gueuze but I don't think it's the best I've had. The Horal's I got from Grain and Grape, couldn't resist, had more to it than the Tilquin (of course), nice acidic bite in both. The Tilquin was one of the most sour lambics I've had.

And FYI, the Johnnie Walker was shit....as expected. Sometimes I think it would be nice to not accept gifts.

4 pines pale ale. Have been avoiding buying pales for a while, but this one was awesome! Proved aussie craftbreweries can make some amazing pale! Not just boring near bland malt water.

Hobgoblin 7.3.13.JPG

yum.

This is my 2nd beer from Wychwood, also enjoyed the Goliath.
Very happy I have the recipe for this, must be time to crank one out, have been waiting to get hold of one to try
before bashing out a full batch.
How much money in paypal......

Tried two new Monteiths beers from Woolies.

An Apricot Ale had too much fruit for me, but the IPA was pretty good. $5 a pint was a good price too.

'I'm back baby!' (best george castanza voice)

after a 4 week drinks break :rolleyes:

beerrrrrrnes 003 (480x640).jpg

Timmermans Geuze 5%

cool bottle , good sourness mmmmm beer :wub:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 001 (480x640).jpg

Shmalts Brewing 'Coney Island Albino Python' white lager with spices

shmack in the face of spice n all things nice , smells like a hot cross bun, tastse very zesty and interesting .
glad i tried it but wouldnt want more than one ,

still on the spice road

bumm and nickjd r gay 001 (480x640).jpg

Greenflash St feuillien 'friendship brew' ale with spices ...

yes does sound a tad gay .

5.7% black saison

:icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: nearly as funky as a rhcp concert including socks .

morebummm 002 (480x640).jpg

struise elliot 9% 163 ibu iipa

gona wash that spice right outa my mouth .....

mikkellar and struise RateBeer Special Release:
Behold the second of RateBeer.com’s Worldwide Masters Series! This request edition ale is the crafted alchemy of a party of some of Europe’s finest brewers, Mikkel Bjergsø and Kristian Keller of Mikkeller (Copenhagen, Denmark) and Urbain Coutteau, Carlo Grootaert, Phil Driessens, and Peter Braem of De Struise Brouwers (Woesten-Vleteren, Belgium).
Both breweries have attracted considerable international attention for their artful interpretations of traditional ale styles enlived by a rich sense of invention. And both are also very highly esteemed by the RateBeer.com international community of beer tasters. We hope you enjoy this unique little treasure.
Struise Mikkeller -- the product of master brewing and friendship. Celebrate this sense of camaraderie by sharing this bottle with your good friends!
- Joe Tucker, RateBeer.com

Struise-Mikkeller is as we said in the past "Best of two worlds". We delivered an IPA with 130 IBU (Batch I), 150 IBU (Batch II), 163 IBU (Batch III), but a bitterness hidden the Struise way, counter balanced by maltyness, alcohol and rest sugars.

its pretty good .... must admit fresh is best , and unfortunately mine is not fresh so not the wow in the chow like i was hoping for but still giving me a lil chubby ....

Latest posts

Back