Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
northside novice said:
its pretty good .... must admit fresh is best , and unfortunately mine is not fresh so not the wow in the chow like i was hoping for but still giving me a lil chubby ....
I totally agree i had one in Belgium last year and it was one of the best beers i'd ever had. :icon_drool2:

Last Belgianshop free shipping event i bought another bottle and was really dissapointed this beer had nothing on its former glory -_- .

Last weekend:

enjoyed a couple nice beers.

Fullers Past Masters Old Burton Extra

Awsome Awsome beer. Big malty beer at 7.3% with a nice ballance between sweet and dry biskety crystal malts. Perfect ballencing bitterness and a great earthy hop character to top it off.

I really enjoyed this beer.

Fullersoldburton21920x2880_zps66ebe815.jpg

Fullersoldburton12880x1920_zpse5e89323.jpg

Later that night, with the wife having some visitors sitting around drinking white wine :icon_vomit: I decided to join in with my version
Cantilion Grand Cru Bruocsella Lambic Bio 2008.
Aged 3 years in oak, and bottled 2012. This beer is a supurb treat to enjoy. Totally still like a white wine, no fiz at all. wonderful ballance of sour, sweet and funk. No where near as sour as other Cantillion beers i have had that were more like sucking on lemons soaked in acid for 2 years. The lack of fizz also helped to lift the background elements (which were far to many for my inexperienced pallet to identify) which ballanced the sourness perfectly.

Loved it!

Today i purchased 2 more bottles to put away for 10 years. Plan to open them on my twin daughters 18th birthday in 10 years.

Cantilion2008_zpsb0151e98.jpg

This weekend, I have enjoyes a couple nice ones also.

Earlier i had a Sunner Kolsch, It was fresh and fantastic. Nice clean sweet malt backbone with a soft fruity finish. Preety much spot on what i made when making Kolsch, so i had a smile as i drank it.

SunnerKolsch1920x2880_zpsdad421e1.jpg

Almost dinner time and relaxing with a glass of Saison Dupont.

Oh YUM...... big fiz, big head, malty, fruity, slightly acidic, with a soft creamy finnish. The beers character just sits in your mouth for a while after a sip, keeping the enjoyment factor up :)

Love it!

SaisonDupont1920x2880_zps77976529.jpg

It's 36 degrees outside, for like the 7 millionth day running...so I'm staying in...and enjoying a Green Flash Hop Head Red. I will be forever grateful to the good doctor for putting me on to Amarillo via his DSGA recipe. Easily my favourite hop of all, and it combines so well with so many others.

Green Flash Hop Head Red.jpg

IMG_1779.jpg

Speakeasy Prohibition IPA. Standard in most pubs in San Francisco. This one was on tap in a pizza place. Yummy. Sorry about dodginess of photo.

Tried this one in New York. Sorry there is no picture in a glass. Didn't really taste like 100+ IBU's. The tallie cost me $6.
IMG_1807.jpg

kalbarluke said:
attachicon.gif
IMG_1779.jpg

Speakeasy Prohibition IPA. Standard in most pubs in San Francisco. This one was on tap in a pizza place. Yummy. Sorry about dodginess of photo.
Nice, even though I had a few locals and one famous homebrewing local raise an eyebrow at my call, I drank the shit out of their Big Daddy because it was well balanced and just plain drinkable compared to the onslaught that is trying all the other beers. I had one commercial brewer also agree with this sentiment.

beerheer 004 (1024x768).jpg
bridge rd x nogne o = aurora borealis 14.9%
pretty luberly

beerheer 005 (768x1024).jpgbeerheer 006 (768x1024).jpg
beerhere x northdown = victoria's secret 6%
quite nice , apricot aromas and tastes ,

was in murphys saw this red trolley ale,nice toffee flavour..also got pintail pale and tower 10 ipa from Karl Strauss range

DU99 said:
was in murphys saw this red trolley ale,nice toffee flavour..also got pintail pale and tower 10 ipa from Karl Strauss range
I really like the Tower 10 IPA. I find it very comparable to Ballast Point Big Eye which is my favourite IPA from Dan's. Red Trolley Ale is pretty nice too. I wasn't that fussed about the pintail but I will give it another try sometime.

lukiferj said:
I really like the Tower 10 IPA. I find it very comparable to Ballast Point Big Eye
I disagree with this really hard. It's awesome that you like Tower 10 and all but I've had it fresh in the States and to compare it to even an import of Big Eye is ludicrous.

bum said:
I disagree with this really hard. It's awesome that you like Tower 10 and all but I've had it fresh in the States and to compare it to even an import of Big Eye is ludicrous.
I have also had them both fresh in the states. Big Eye is always going to win for me over Tower 10. Sculpin even more so....

I pondered this exact situation a few hours ago and bought a carton of Big Eye.

My fridge is looking healthy at the moment.

I agree even from Dan's I prefer Big Eye but both are very drinkable probably towards the best imports after SN Torpedo.

Had Rodenbach Grand Cru on tap for the first time tonight. Its at Deja Vu if anyone local might want to look for it.

Cheers for the heads up, Rowy.

Back