Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbblllllllllllllllllllaaw 001 (768x1024).jpg
mist posting this one the other night.
wychwood paddys stout 4.3%
was nice from memory . it was pretty much a guiness clone, which isnt bad but isnt amazing either .

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbblllllllllllllllllllaaw 007 (768x1024).jpg

to ol baltic frontier 6.5% seabuckthorn ipa (& juniper beries)
label :- this puppy is anipa beaten with juniper beries and sea-buckthorn and trashed wit hops (centenial, colombus & cluster)
a celebration of a potent bee culture shared between scandinavia and the baltic region.

the aroma from the bottle was sweet n hoppy, the colour like dirty creek water. googled seabuckthorn and i think thats where the cloudy orange tinge comes from . aroma of citrus and pine. flavor is bitter, with a hint of malty sweetness, medium bodied. the buckthorn comes out in the finish, sour fruit and bitternessness yum .

Australian Brewery Pale Ale - I was curious as I gather craft beer in cans is gaining popularity in the US - its OK, very cloudy, tasty. Would go again.

image.jpg

Having a Bluetongue lager that one of my mates left over here aeons ago. The website is going nuts about the the triple-hopping process.

It's OK.

I've had that, thought it was a very nice beer. What are your thoughts?

that gage sounds interesting...how was it ??

got a bit a bling this arvo..klklklklkk 003 (480x640).jpg
bridge road double- bling -ipa 8.5% bottled 21/2/13 bloody lovely fresh hoppyness and a malty mouthful mmmm...wouldnt mind a carton of these

Hey northside novice, where'd you get the bling bling, in fact where are you getting all those beers? I've seen a few of them at Next Door Cellars, but not all of them.

practicalfool said:
Handling?!

I'd have to go for seconds and try again. Must say I approach Aussie pales with trepidation and was surprised it was that good. To be quite honest, I have not had had a problem beer due to handling from dan's since moving to qld... Read in that what you may... Point, LC pale ale, always tasted metallic every time in melb, never had a problem up here. Something is up...
Hazard a guess it ain't handling, more likely bottling.

When I was in Brisbane, I got two four packs about 5 days apart (IIRC) from the same (non-Dan's) bottlo. I know the bottlo handles beer well.

One was excellent, the other was bland and lacking any oomph.

That's as far as I can go on memory, but yeah, put me off 4 pines, even if it's one of the only pales available local to me in Tassie.

northside novice said:
attachicon.gif
005 (765x1024).jpg

brooklyn brewery sorachi ace saison 7.6%
fermented with belgium yeast and bottle fermented with champagne yeast dry hoped with sorachi ace hops .

brewer says 'bright spicy lemon zest aroma, it tastes like sunshine in a glass', i agree , its flupping luberly :icon_drool2:
Saw this at Crown Cellars. As soon as I saw Soraichi Ace, I was never going to buy it.

But maybe, just maybe I'll reconsider, though I have a few other beers to work through in their fridge and they aren't local (and I'm not rich), so that may take a while.

Forgot to mention, I've (well, we've - the Mrs loves it too) been tucking into the Bridge Roads Galaxy Single Hop. Great beer. If I'm really honest, it's probably a bit light on the body, not much malt, and I'd personally like a bit more hoppage to cover the increased malt. But I'm really picking at straws.

Pours a nice golden-caramel colour, head dissipates quickly. Comes in with a whack of Galaxy passionfruit, enough bitterness to keep the fruit in check, great aroma. I know how easy it is to stuff up Galaxy, so I'm impressed. Finishes a little thin in the mouth, but then you burp Galaxy, which I always love.

SWMBO loves it - so that makes it an approachable, near entry level IPA. She found the following beer "strong" but didn't mind trying it.

Epic Zythos - lots of aroma. Big, silky body, perceptible alcohol (despite not being too high on ABV%), warming and bitter enough. Lots of good aroma, not much hop taste comparative. Again, lovely beer. I had the hop zombie a couple years back, and I prefer the hop zombie, but this is really nice to sit on for an hour or so. Tastes better warm.

Really I had one yesterday, I thought it was quite nice. Started out a bit cold with little choc taste as it warms up it starts coming out as almost a cocoa powder taste & smell.
I thought it was well balanced, you just had to wait for the carbonation to dissipate a bit and the beer to warm up (not too warm) :)

tricache said:
I got about 3 mouthfuls in and the chocolate taste got almost sickly tasting. Was not a fan at all.
Agreed, bit of a train wreck - The Convict Australian Strong Ale is a better bet.

northside novice said:
attachicon.gif
bum+nickjd=nob jockey 003 (765x1024).jpg

3 fonteinen oude geuze 'golden blend' 6%

by far the best lambic i have had so far on my adventure de sour !

tarty- tingly smooth and complex aromas and flavours .. sending shivers down my spine, going to get more of these :wub:
Their Kriek, Gueuze & Schaarbeekse Kriek beers are phenomenal - best of belgium.
Still dreaming of drinking those again :(

That's not how "knob" is spelled, northside novice.

Looks like you've been making friends. Maybe changing the photo name will be as easy as deleting late night drunken posts.

winkle said:
Agreed, bit of a train wreck - The Convict Australian Strong Ale is a better bet.
I saw that as well and was going to give it a miss since the Choc Ale was a bit of a fail...might check it out

Latest posts

Back