Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my first Ballast Point Porter last night - wow, what an awesome beer that is :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

mikec said:
epic-hop-zombie-returns-2012.jpg

Had one of these yesterday for the first time.
Some IPA's I find overly bitter with nothing else to back it up - not so the Hop Zombie!
Lots of flavour and not too bitter, very nice indeed.
Nice one,
I think us kiwis have drunk our lot dry again so we have to wait til more of the hops come through for the next batch.

Big fan of Hop Zombie! :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :beerbang:

Anybody tried the Festive 2013 from Thunder Road Brewing Company? Had one today, very aromatic! Great beer though, perfect for a summer evening.

I can't even find it on their website mate, where did you score it, on tap somewhere?

It's odd, I couldn't see it on their site either. I stumbled across this indie looking place just off Brunswick Street called Grub, and they had it there on tap. It was delicious! Perhaps they are doing a pre-release to test the water (beer?)

EDIT: It is mentioned on their Facebook page but not in any great detail!

DAB in a can. At least it's not light struck like those light green bottles often are. Unfortunately it's so easy drinking that I'm already through half a liter before even finishing this sentence...

DSC_3028.JPG

I swear I'm not a Thunder Road Brewery rep! Drinking a few Brunswick Bitters in the Queensberry! They are gorgeous! Does anyone have any clone recipes??

mikec said:
epic-hop-zombie-returns-2012.jpg

Had one of these yesterday for the first time.
Some IPA's I find overly bitter with nothing else to back it up - not so the Hop Zombie!
Lots of flavour and not too bitter, very nice indeed.
Nice pic mate.
I for one appreciate it when people go the extra mile to make things interesting.

Tony is a prime example of this. He could fill those glasses with effervescent horse piss and still call it sasion.

Bought one of their longneck barrel bottles for about $12 last night.........was worth every penny. Beautifully balanced and the wet hops really do give it an amazingly fresh flavour and aroma.
(not my photo)

sierra-nevada-northern-hemisphere-harvest.jpg

Drinking a Mountain Goat Bubble and Squeak. Dunno what kind of beer it is supposed to be but I dunno if I'd describe it as a "summery stout, believe it or not" (as the bloke behind the jump did) because I don't. Nice beer but it is not coming across as anything remotely approaching summery on this hot as shit afternoon.

Why are they ALWAYS playing Foo Fighters or Kings of Leon every time I go to Deja Vu? It's enough to put a bloke off his beer.

Man. I wish I hadn't said anything. Been A Perfect Circle ever since then just changed to Marilyn Manson's cover of Tainted Love.

When does Biero re-open?

No photo but I well and truly think I have found my Belgian gateway drink of choice. Had my first ever Green Flash Le Freak. I usually don't care much for the Belgian stuff but the mix of IPA and Belgian awesomeness was one of the best beer experiences to date.
I followed it up with Lagunitas IPA which was not bad either.

Had a Brooklyn Lager at 1000 £ Bend. Made a face. SWMBO says "No good?". I hand it to her. She says "I like it. It tastes like apples!"

I swapped to Melbourne Bitter.

This is a posthumous posting to last nights beer...I looked for the ''what was previously in the glass'' thread, but came up with nothing ??! :huh:

Anyway, a very nice porter. Quite Baltic-y, lots of liquorice sweetness which the rum flavour works very well alongside.

Just a slight alcohol warmth at the end, less than I'd have thought for an 11.5abv beer.

I'll treat myself to another if I find it again nearer winter.

DSC04381.JPG

I saw Monteith's IPA at the local Woolies this arvo. I blacklisted that brewery when they tried to trademark saison but I thought the local supermarket should be encouraged to get in as many IPAs as possible so I bought one.

Peppery malt cordial.

Duchesse de Bourgogne last night, man that's good. If anyone has advice on brewing something like this [ or an equally tasty rodenbach grand cru] please tell me.The combination of sweetness and sourness is something else.

A sensible beer for a rainy Monday night:

Bush de Noel, The strongest Christmas Belgian Beer. 12% ABV

DSC_3203.JPG

Fairly insensible beer for a blisteringly hot Monday night:

Nogne O Citrus Hystrix IPA.

I was expecting something AIPA-ish so thought it a good choice for a hot night. Nice and fruity but with some alc that may promise sleep tonight.

Nah. True to form, Nogne O have yet again shown that they cannot be second guessed. This thing is one fo their attempts to make a beer that doesn't exist. An acrid/roasty IPA - but not like a black IPA (it is good). Wrong night for it but a pretty great beer.

Back