Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holgate temptress on handpump. Nice hazelnut notes but I get enough hints of acetone to make me not want a second pint.
Had temptress before-something needs sorting out at the holgate end.

That's disappointing for you, Mant.

Your refined palate is both a gift and a curse. I probably wouldn't have picked it and had another.

Hopefully you found something more agreeable ?

2 Boon Krieks for me last night. Tipped the dregs into a micro starter ready for 5L of my RIS along with a few handfulls of fresh cherries.

Public Brewery's Mosaic pale ale at the brewery.

Look up 'smashable' in a dictionary and you'll find a picture of this, and also Justin Bieber's face...but that's a different use of the word.

Tasty beer !

20140927_163537.jpg

Lil creatures IPA Darwin afl grand final day ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1411801137.957992.jpg

No screens at The Public Brewery...which would explain why seats outnumber patrons 30:1.

More beer for me !

Danwood said:
Public Brewery's Mosaic pale ale at the brewery.
Look up 'smashable' in a dictionary and you'll find a picture of this, and also Justin Bieber's face...but that's a different use of the word.
Tasty beer !
Glad you enjoyed it -managed to grab a pint (only went on today) before heading to a GF BBQ - very happy with how this one came out.

Quite similar bill to the Golden ale, I'm guessing.

Almost identical IBUs...35ish ?

And everyone loves Mosaic. When I used it exclusively, I got overpowering peach aromas (in a good way).
It's certainly present in this, but there's something else too, to me, anyway. Is it single hop ?

Very good mass appeal, which is the aim...obviously.

Pity I didn't get to the stout, went the Mash Challenger IPA, which was good, but too sweet for me. It would have been better with a better attenuating yeast or less crystal or lower mash temp.

Anyway, good offerings at the bar. Good work.

Danwood said:
Quite similar bill to the Golden ale, I'm guessing.
Almost identical IBUs...35ish ?
And everyone loves Mosaic. When I used it exclusively, I got overpowering peach aromas (in a good way).
It's certainly present in this, but there's something else too, to me, anyway. Is it single hop ?
Very good mass appeal, which is the aim...obviously.
Pity I didn't get to the stout, went the Mash Challenger IPA, which was good, but too sweet for me. It would have been better with a better attenuating yeast or less crystal or lower mash temp.
Anyway, good offerings at the bar. Good work.
Same malt bill as Commissioner, magnum for bittering charge and then Mosaic flavour, aroma and dry. 35 ibus like the Commish. Drinking the bottled version now which has more hop on it than the pint I had off the keg earlier today.

Still have 3-4 kegs of the stout, likely to still be on tap next weekend I would say... Every chance we will have three beers on tap next week.

Challenger is good - perhaps a little sweet, but nice to have something that is more malt driven. Have a northern English in the tank that I brewed on Wednesday - pulled a sample this morning - chocolate, nuttiness and nice fruit esters - tasting great and looking forward to it in 3 or so weeks time.

I look forward to the Brown ale, sounds great.

The plan is to get over every couple of weeks. Plus we're looking at houses in Croydon soon, so get used to my ugly head at the brewery.

And presently, I'm on a Urbock...fantastic, as usual.

20140927_194126.jpg

Tryed the Serra Nevada ruthless rye tonight. Nice drop.

Danwood said:
That's disappointing for you, Mant.

Your refined palate is both a gift and a curse. I probably wouldn't have picked it and had another.

Hopefully you found something more agreeable ?

2 Boon Krieks for me last night. Tipped the dregs into a micro starter ready for 5L of my RIS along with a few handfulls of fresh cherries.
That sounds amazing. Anyone have a recommendation for an excellent RIS recipe?

Aaaand - I remember reading Tony's posts a long time ago about using a saison yeast for a porter / stout - anyone done this and care to comment?

Danwood said:
I look forward to the Brown ale, sounds great.

The plan is to get over every couple of weeks. Plus we're looking at houses in Croydon soon, so get used to my ugly head at the brewery.

And presently, I'm on a Urbock...fantastic, as usual.
2012 Oktoberfest was the last beer of the night and I had to drink it in a hurry to catch the bus home. I don't remember the bus ride home.

Flash_DG said:
2012 Oktoberfest was the last beer of the night and I had to drink it in a hurry to catch the bus home. I don't remember the bus ride home.
The best nights end with a bus ride outside the realms of memory. The crusty emergence to reality is best left for less encumbered times. These moments are only appreciated in hindsight.

Russia makes some good beer, but you don't find them on run down service roads for railway lines in Siberia and the far east.

Amberweiss - an enjoyable russian brewed wiesbier that unfortunately only seemed to be found near lake Baikal

P6210642.JPG

Zetesky Gus from a rinsed out tomato paste jar drunk on a railway bridge.

P7181624.JPG

Zatesky Gus dry hopped with hops growing on a railway siding station where I pitched the tent

P8312572.JPG

Zatesky Gus Cerne (dark) - why does the stop sign use english?

P9012576.JPG

wow, what a great trip. How did you get on just wandering around the place? I'd love to go to Russia and Saratov on the Volga in particular.

Currently drinking Carter NZ lager. Four percenter, clean malt and a hint of hops. On my one trip to NZ what I liked about Kiwi mainstreams is that they are super clean and whilst obviously not craft beers by any stretch of the imagination, they lack the mouse piss, metallic twang and soapy aftertaste of our offerings like VB or TED.

If you warm them up you don't get the typical Aussie Eau-de-Wheelie bin aroma.

Direct import at Liquorstax, around $34 a case.

carter.jpg

Latest posts

Back