Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a fan of Copy Cat ...... im just about finished a glass of SN Hoptimum 10,4% 100 IBU of Awesomeness!!

Wow fair enough that's a big beer you are havingb I love pine needles love the big everlasting maltiness of the copy cat but I'm no judge ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1415452354.486671.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1415452354.486671.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1415452354.486671.jpgc

Mardoo said:
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1415436250.998162.jpgFirestone Walker Wookey Jack. Far and away the best if the India Dark Ales I've had. A massive hop hit as soon as I opened the bottle, nice light body, soft and balanced roasted malts that waited till the hop had faded in the mouth and then came to the fore. A slow, rounded creeping bitterness that came after everything else went down.

This wasn't just a well balanced beer, it was well paced: hops, then clean light body, roast and malt, a touch of sweetness, then the swell of bitterness. A seriously impressively crafted beer. I want more.
Where did ya get the Wookey from mate? I'm sucking down a Firestone Union Jack at the moment and I can't wait to try more of their beers,

Slow Beer in Richmond, Melbourne. They had one left on the shelf after I got mine. They have a pub in Brunswick called Two Row that may sell off-premise, but I'm not sure. Where'd you get the Union Jack?

I purchased a carton of The Druid from Three Ravens, its a Belgian Quad done on some oak barrels.
WOW what a great beer, highly recommend this 11.% biggo, pity it worked out at just under $200 for the carton delivered to WA.
I will post a pic next time I open a 330ml-er
Nev

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1415536572.244147.jpg

Speaking of big beers, this one was surprisingly fantastic. Screen shots from a review I did because I can't be bothered typing it again.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1415536853.026926.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1415536871.908439.jpg

While I'm on a roll...

To Ol - Goliat Bourbon BA

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1415537534.559061.jpg

An imperial coffee stout aged in bourbon barrels. Roasted coffee and chocolate with a big bourbon sweetness, plenty of oak vanilla too. Big, descendant, divine.

10.1%

(Copied from the tag because I was too busy loving it to write anything)

It was seriously amazing though. Insanely expensive unfortunately, but so damn good.

And just so there's no confusing about the fact that I have a serious addiction to barrel aged beers.

Prairie - Wine Barrel Noir

A red wine barrel aged imperial stout.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1415538137.208190.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1415538169.308505.jpg

And yes my wanky Prairie glass has dinosaurs on it. You can be jealous.

Mardoo said:
Slow Beer in Richmond, Melbourne. They had one left on the shelf after I got mine. They have a pub in Brunswick called Two Row that may sell off-premise, but I'm not sure. Where'd you get the Union Jack?
Sweet, I'll check it out and see if I can get my hands on one, I got the Union Jack and a Double Jack from a bottlo out my way in Lilydale, Firestone beers are amazing.

Just picked up a carton of Monteiths dobblebock on clearance for $10.79 a six pack, had a couple last night and liked it might have to go back and clear the shelf

TheBigD said:
Monteiths dobblebock
LOL "Doppel bock" is what I meant

Any I way went back and emptied the shelf of the last two six packs. Checked the expiry date and looks to be mid December tastes nice enough, hopefully it last a little longer than the expiry date being 6% abv and now its refrigerated.

Well I finished my last uni exam for the semester so now to try some beers with some mates! Got a good line up thanks to my brother grabbing me a few from Melbourne.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1415857699.318412.jpg

Typical student fridge, just beers ! I bet there's a burst bag of peas and a sock frozen into the iced-over freezer compartment, isn't there?
Seriously though, I have the DH Santo Marron (I think that's what you have there, without looking closely) in my fridge too...maybe tomorrow....

Just tried a Sail & Anchor Boa's Bind. I wish I had searched on here before I bought it. As I found out in some threads, it's a bit schmeh.

Danwood said:
Typical student fridge, just beers ! I bet there's a burst bag of peas and a sock frozen into the iced-over freezer compartment, isn't there?
Seriously though, I have the DH Santo Marron (I think that's what you have there, without looking closely) in my fridge too...maybe tomorrow....
Haha pretty much spot on Danwood! Luckily enough we have two fridges so a bit of room for food as well.

Nah it was the 90 minute ipa. It was a grey import so I didn't represent the fresh version but still great nevertheless.

Worked hard to get this fine beer on the north west of tassie and cost a bomb but well worth it one of my favourite beers when travelling the uk

20141119_191418.jpg

DH Paulo Santo Marron - Imperial Brown Ale

Bottle says it's just a Brown ale, but at 12% and not really any different in colour to a RIS, I've given the benefit of the doubt and called it an IBA.

That being said, it's a bloody good beer. Liquorice sweetness, warmth, dark toffee and dark dried fruits.

20141120_181126.jpg

Back