Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed this.

DSCF3853.JPG

Loved the santa's private reserve, last year at some point after christmas I got a dozen bottles for about $5 a go from Dans as 'christmas is over' massive win!

Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron, what a beer! The vanilla notes from the wood remind me of a really good port. But 12%!!! I should have read the label more closely before cracking this one. 30 degrees and nothing to eat since lunch leaves Paul's head swimming.2014-12-18 18.53.39.jpg

Yob said:
attachicon.gif
DSC_0303.JPG

Cop that biatch's IPA Friday..

Not pictured, the 2 growlers I also brought to the table
That's pretty much a West Coast IPA All-Star lineup, better get onto that Stone Enjoy By ASAP.

I found these cheap at Dans.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1418985558.655763.jpg

Can't compete with Yobs lot, but I grabbed a four pack of sierra nevada pale ale in 473ml cans this arvo. Must have been handled well or the magic power of the cans. They are going down a treat.

Me too, mate. Mine is in a Sierra branded Speiglau IPA glass...jus sayin.

Yep, really fresh and tasty. $18 for 4 pints isn't a bad deal either.

Crap I've got those glasses, I'm just drinking out of a standard pot. One can left luckily.

Went to Dan's this afternoon, saw this so had to give it a try.
Only ever had one other mead out of a bottle and this was nothing like that at all. It was like a dry cider with too much gas and only an after taste of honey.

1419077920959.jpg

Bridges said:
Can't compete with Yobs lot, but I grabbed a four pack of sierra nevada pale ale in 473ml cans this arvo. Must have been handled well or the magic power of the cans. They are going down a treat.
in the latest beer mag they rate cans far superior to glass for maintaining beer quality, specifically for the UV resistance & super low oxygen levels.

Based on this, I'd go the can every time, especially for imports.

Yeah makes sense, but you'd want to pour it into a glass before drinking though... Always better.

slcmorro said:
I had the Pernicious Weed the other day. Amazing.
Can wait to try them all.i was thinking of cracking the evil cousin in 1/2hr
I nearly broke my neck walking the isles at the liquor shed ;)

mrs grabbed me a carton of this today asked her to grab a pale ale or something not un-like gage roads atomic, sierra nevada, little creatures pa etc... the guy at the shop is a hop head like me so he basically chose it for me, haha

could have done with about a 5% for christmas (this is 7%)as the pantry is full of heavies but oh well, just gonna have to get properly pinned over Christmas I guess

Back