Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danwood said:
Not your typical Aussie esky full there, mate. They'd set you back double the cost of a decent 60L esky.

I have an unshakable image of those Westys,Rocheforts and Rodenbachs wrapped snuggly in stubby coolers...say it wasn't so !
Hehe!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1419722248.210565.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1419722225.892221.jpg

After finishing setting a the camper trailer yesterday. The local BS didn't have any decent brews, so I grab a sixer of silver bullets. I have say, it hit the spot. I need to grab some 9 lt kegs for camping, as the dead clone is at home. Anyway I have to check out the local area. I owe pratty1 a beer for sharing his local knowledge. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1419724481.610518.jpg

I had the Charactere Rouge in Belgium. How did you find it (I think you had one there, right?)?

Ahhh...Belgium. The land where excellent beers don't require you to re-mortgage the house.

And also, my Westy didn't come with a label. Just raised glass lettering and branded bottle cap.

I'm glad I tried it, but I preferred the Roch 10 and at a much lower price too.

20141228_124652.jpg

Danwood said:
I had the Charactere Rouge in Belgium. How did you find it (I think you had one there, right?)?

Ahhh...Belgium. The land where excellent beers don't require you to re-mortgage the house.

And also, my Westy didn't come with a label.
There's a bottleo in Brisbane (cellarbrations Bowen Hills) which has been getting some amazing stuff in. Most recently a shitload of rodenbach (tinnies, grand cru, vintage, caractere). The westy was given to me by a mate. As far as I know the ones with the label were a one off batch they produced to be sent to the U.S. To pay for renovations or something.

16119609926_400d52513e_o.jpg

It's not every day that you get to taste a legend! This beer was the inspiration for Stew's Craft Brew's national winning IPA. Citrus peel, pine, resinous hops. Just enough malt to support but not balance. Dry, crisp, lush. Yum yum yum! A real benchmark for the style.

These two beers were amazing. The death from above is so luciouse and ballanced its my favourite so far. Ill have to try copy this.

1420007458025.jpg

1420007485786.jpg

Well, unfortunately what'll be in my glass soon will be either super dry, or xxxx gold. About the only choices where I'm going. When I come home though, there'll be a pale mild on tap though and probably a brett porter with rum soaked oak chips to sip on so I guess it's not all bad :)

Happy New Years.

The trusty camping cans for the next week and a half. German pils 500mm $39 for a slab at Dans. I got a Young's double choc stout for later on.ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1420011011.030652.jpg

mje1980 said:
Well, unfortunately what'll be in my glass soon will be either super dry, or xxxx gold. About the only choices where I'm going. When I come home though, there'll be a pale mild on tap though and probably a brett porter with rum soaked oak chips to sip on so I guess it's not all bad :)
Happy New Years.
Sorry about the beer selection there, M...probably not worth dirtying a glass with those first two.

Here's the selection for tonight, shared with a mate.

Just the single HH pale, then 3x on-form Ballast Point Big Eye each and the flight continues from left to right.

Can't wait for the Wooky Jack, heard great things...well actually, really looking forward to all of them. Only had the Roch 10 before.

Not really anything less than 7%...oh dear.

Hoppy new year, y'all !

20141231_145908.jpg

Back