Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good morro.. I need to do an IPA soon. I've always loved them.

This one tends to be on the drier side of an IPA. Still tasty though. It was more hop forward than malty, if that's any help.

Hook Norton- Old Hooky.

At least one of the Hook range is usually on special at Dan's (Bur-vale,Melbourne store at least) for around $2.79.

This one's probably my favourite, spicy and fruity.

I rate the hook norton pale ale. Haymaker i think?. Enough malt but dry and hoppy. Yum

mje1980 said:
I rate the hook norton pale ale. Haymaker i think?. Enough malt but dry and hoppy. Yum
Same goes for me. I'm finding I'm leaning towards these in preference of the big hop beers. Now to work out how to make it...

Just backed it up from the case swap session, drinks with some work mates at the local tap house in st kilda. (Guess who chose that venue)

Two birds NZ hopped pils
Burleigh hef
Wolf xpa
Kriek boon
Garage project Nelson Sauvin
Left coast hop juice
Nail red ale
Parrot dog bitter bitch
Fullers black (something) stout
Timothy Taylor's landlord
Some nsw made begian dubbel

Good times

Beavertown "8 Ball" Rye IPA, 6.2%, at Carwyn Cellars in Thornbury, Vic.
Great IPA for real hopheads.
By real, I mean those that quest for *proper* RESINOUS hoppy flavour.
Let's just say it's a little bitter also, though not really Yob-Standard. Slight hint of malt (Munich?).
Did I mention the resin?

Great craft beer venue, btw.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1417337907.477278.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1417338463.008712.jpg
apparently no Munich. At least I picked one of the hops, though I think you'd be struggling if you didn't nominated Columbus. No hint of any other hops to my tastebuds though, so I missed the other 4

Lukas what were your impressions of the dirty *******?

Bridge Rd Brewery India Saison.
7.5% hoppy saison. Bottle conditioned. Poured cloudy, big fluffy white head. Lovely smell, hoppy, passionfruit.
Taste, dry, bitter and the hops again. Good stuff. Subdued yeast, background funk blending well with the hops.
I may have to make something like this.

Bridge Rd Brewery Fat Man, Red Suit, Big Sack.
7.5% red IPA. Small head, good lacing on the glass. Great fresh and fruity aroma. Some dankness. Bitter and hoppy caramel flavour. Lovely amber colour. feckin good stuff again.

Superb beers, fresh and bright tasting. Goes to show that brewery to door is a good idea.

Hargreaves Hill 10th Birthday today.

Their stout with a RIS braised beef pie...would've been the RIS in the glass too, but it wasn't tapped yet. Got a bottle though. And the regular stout was excellent.

And a free taste of Phoenix. The maltiest beer I've had in a while. All sorts of toffee going on here, very good. Also got a bottle of this...there's the beer budget gone for the month.
Top brewery !

20141207_153513.jpg

Case swap beers aren't cold so here's a milk stout from Barossa Valley Brewing Co, a gift from one of the brewers there after my dad had a long chat with him about brewing ans beer relates things.

Overall I really likely it, it's pretty well balanced with thick smooth body, a wack of roast and bit of choc/coffee and then nearly finishes slightly sweetish and then you taste the balanced bitterness at the end. Definitely tastes and feels like a beer you could easily enjoy a few bottles of. Probably a bad description, but lovely beer to have after driving back to brissie from Sunshine Coast, and good bed time beer considering I had barely any sleep last night thanks to the case swap...

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1417957056.031920.jpg

Back