What Licence / Insurance?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We (i.e. MHB) asked about the local homebrewers providing samples at Bitter & Twisted.

He was advised by the local police to contact OLGR (Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing)

OLGR said it was OK, as long as we had RSA and weren't actually selling the beer.

Please check with your locals to confirm

ATO, despite insisting I couldn't give it away have now been convinced that indeed I can, all boxes have been ticked, got all the info about the event, licence application going in on Monday

Rockin

I remember a while back looking up the excise rules and there was a point about how the beer is made.
Something like..."beer produced on commercial equipment for the purpose of commercial sales is subject to excise"
My understanding always was that home brew is not made on commercial equipment and as your not selling there is no commercial sale/product to attract any tax/excise.

Get your permit from council and clear conditions in writing and all should be good.
Check ID's real good.

Mardoo said:
Got an RSA if you need a server.
Me too, If you need me.

Im not sure if this was legit or not but I used to work as a 2-3 man crew in a cellar door setup and was told only one of us needed an RSA and I was the one that had it and the other two didnt they were effectively 'training'.

That may be very handy indeed, I don't have mine yet so will be seeking assistance from the club for that part for sure

Lady tells me attendance is about 4000... We're gunna run dry ;)

I'm doing a brewday with CM2 I plan on providing a double batch of heather ale, anybody else wish to provide a keg of something Scottish?

Need it for march

Scottish wise just WLP028 Edinburgh Scottish Ale, pretty good performer that let the hops shine as I dry hopped the beer I used it in a heap.

Got about 7 UK strains now :icon_cheers:

I'll shoot him a text, there will probably be a club email coming out as well, need to speak to Andy

Get your RSA (State) online Yob, pretty cheap and takes about 1 hour of your time.

I've had plenty of experience with RSA's, many bars have refused to serve me :)

Mardoo said:
IIRC GrumpyPaul does a fair bit of Scottish brewing. He might be game.
Would love to brew for this - but I have just commited to brewing 6 kegs for sons 30th at the start of April. Time to brew it all is only half the problem. I can only fit one at a time in the ferment fridge.

winkle said:
Get your RSA (State) online Yob, pretty cheap and takes about 1 hour of your time.
I was looking at this yesterday - Victoria is the only state that you cant do it online.

Yob said:
Lady tells me attendance is about 4000
wow your going to need about 250 ltrs

r u going to do a brew on site to "teach" the punters

As there Scottish you'll need to stress how cheap it is :)

GrumpyPaul said:
Would love to brew for this - but I have just commited to brewing 6 kegs for sons 30th at the start of April. Time to brew it all is only half the problem. I can only fit one at a time in the ferment fridge.

I was looking at this yesterday - Victoria is the only state that you cant do it online.
I couldn't do my online (nsw) last year in June but my of changed now

mxd said:
wow your going to need about 250 ltrs

r u going to do a brew on site to "teach" the punters

As there Scottish you'll need to stress how cheap it is :)
Are you putting your hand up Matt? ;) Its a great idea and I've thought about it, possibly next year, I think we are pushing the limits of what we can do this year with the time we have (or distinct lack of)

We've got about 6 kegs committed so far, off the top of my head.

1 x Heather Ale
1 x Stout
1 x Porter
1 x Scottish Ale
1 x Irish Red
1 x ESB

and probably more that I cant recall.. From the outset I thought about 8 would be the go so pretty good turn out for folks giving away their craft and time.

Many thanks to all for their generosity and time :kooi:

DSC_0182.JPG

My first bar.. ;)

Latest posts

Back