What Licence / Insurance?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just setting it up today, got the 4 tap jockey box at home, cleaning lines and.. Er.. Testing the system for quality assurance purposes :)

Gotta put a big shout out to all the contributors, we've got 6 kegs to pour tmoz, a huge effort at such short notice.

Cheers all, see you tmoz where the beer is free :)

GrumpyPaul said:
I knew it.....big night last night? How many kegs are left after "testing"?
Rest assured, this morning I awoke without a hangover.

It's only today I have all 6 kegs here.

QA in T minus 15 and counting :)

We cleaned the Jocky Box today, just need to test the system and make sure we know what we're doing to set it up properly tmoz.

Arriving at about 11:30, pouring begins at 1:30 for the public ;)

Another Scottish ale is on the cards. Getting excited about tomorrow to try the rest :icon_cheers:

All ready.. gunna be a wiked day

DSC_0189.JPG

DSC_0188.JPG

A great day. The Scottish ales and the heather ale were a big hit. Lots of interested people and quite a few people asking where they could buy the beers. I had a great time giving away heaps of free beer!

Great job gentleman....

Good on you for getting out there and promoting not only Melbourne Brewers, but also for representing the home brewing community. There are now a few less people out there that thing home brew is shit.

Hats off to you all but especially to Yob for all his hard work.

Popped in late arvo. Was wandering around looking for the stand and got accosted by this big hairy bloke in a skirt with a free beer banner. Heather ale was particularly good. 100ml tasters meant there was still plenty left.
Well done Yob on organising the day.

Ha.. the very nerve :p

a few piccies

MB Bar.jpg

The bar and display

Lines.jpg

Had some decent lines at times, what was nice was the people seemed genuinely interested in the types of beers we had on offer, quite often asking numerous questions. Though I personally wasnt heavily involved there, I was accosting people with a poster and convincing them that it was in fact, free Beer.. Never would I have believed it so hard to get people to believe it was totally free... especially a gathering of Scotsmen..

Brewing Demo.jpg

It was good to also have a BIAB brewing demo going, did a double BIAB over the day and the aromas were of course diving and much interest and attention was given to the brew. came out at 1.200 or something stupid like that :blink:

We fell short of giving away all the beer we bought which is also a surprise, we still had a number of un touched kegs.

A big thank you to all the people who helped bring this together, it could not have been done without all of us pitching in together to make it happen and Im truly amazed by the efforts you all went to to bring it together. Not bad for a bunch of pissheads with only 6 weeks or so to pull it all together. You guys rock!

big :super: :kooi:

Back