What Happens When Pollux Gets Bored?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happens when Pollux gets bored.

He makes a hopburst brew , but only after he has put up a bloody annoying , shitting insect as an avatar.

The missus thought I had lost it the other night when I swatted the laptop screen :blink:

LOL, mantis....

I love that avatar....It also fits in well with the RoachHaus brewery name I have adapted.

Pollux all done mate... post photo's when and if I can get the stupid drivers on this lappy

Finished product

gallery_9761_435_4309.jpg

You'll just need an adjustable spanner... hmmmm? :D

I wub you Chappo :p :wub:

Adjustable spanner I have, I bought one years ago when I replaced a set of taps at our old house, I can do plumbing when it involves pieces with simply bolt together and that's it.....

Finished product

gallery_9761_435_4309.jpg

You'll just need an adjustable spanner... hmmmm? :D

Lookin neat and shiney there Chappo. What is this adjustable spanner thing you speak of... could that be a shifter perhaps. And I reckon you would have used at least 2 of them.

Cheers Bard

Well, it's bottled now....

Turns out my eff % was way off....Turned out as a 1.052 OG down to a 1.010 FG.............

You can taste the hops though :D

Chappo, I'll send yours off as soon as I can, that way they can settle at your place, that said the PETs feel firm enough now I was nearly tempted to chill one tonight to sample (I only bottled it yesterday.....)

Oh, and I tried your pickup tube the other day, it worked to a point, not sure if it needs a tighter mouth on it to slow the flow or I need to work on my whirlpooling to get a decent cone but it was only moderately successful...

It's okay, I'll just strain into the fermenter with a stocking, it's what I did for the hopburst....

Tasting update!
Pollux BTW your gentleman for posting 3 bottles.

Ok had Sully around yesterday showing him what a full fermenter is, poor bugger can brew but just can't seem to find his fermenter to put them in. :lol:

Anyway after hot afternoon I decided to crack one of Pollies hop bursts digging a hole in my palate. FARKIN' AWESOME mate, we both loved it Pollux, really nicely unbalanced hops (which it should be) and very very clean brew. All those hops worked amasingly together mate well done!! I am gunna knock one these together myself very shortly. Saving the rest for the case swap so a few of the other lads can try it.

Cheers

Chappo

Tasting update!
Pollux BTW your gentleman for posting 3 bottles.

Ok had Sully around yesterday showing him what a full fermenter is, poor bugger can brew but just can't seem to find his fermenter to put them in. :lol:

Anyway after hot afternoon I decided to crack one of Pollies hop bursts digging a hole in my palate. FARKIN' AWESOME mate, we both loved it Pollux, really nicely unbalanced hops (which it should be) and very very clean brew. All those hops worked amasingly together mate well done!! I am gunna knock one these together myself very shortly. Saving the rest for the case swap so a few of the other lads can try it.

Cheers

Chappo
Totally agree, top notch Pollux. Kudos. :super:

Chappo, get stuffed mate :ph34r:

Cheers

Sully

Immersion heater from the chilly QLD weather ? :huh:

Immersion heater from the chilly QLD weather ? :huh:

No, they are those metal security cables you use to attach your laptop to the desk to stop it getting stolen. InCider lives in an area noted for Alcoholic ram raiders :icon_drunk:

No, they are those metal security cables you use to attach your laptop to the desk to stop it getting stolen. InCider lives in an area noted for Alcoholic ram raiders :icon_drunk:

LOL

What happens when Pollux gets bored.

He makes a hopburst brew , but only after he has put up a bloody annoying , shitting insect as an avatar.

The missus thought I had lost it the other night when I swatted the laptop screen :blink:

:icon_offtopic: Saw a little bug running around my screen one day and swatted it. Turned out it was real and between LCD and protective layer of laptop screen. Put up with a squished bug in the middle of my screen for months before I traded up to a new laptop!

Nige

Good to have some unbiased feedback.....You guys are actually the first people bar myself and the wife to taste any of my AG brews thus far....

Given it only went in the bottle on the 11th, I'm happy to hear others are enjoying it..

just tried this brew after picking up some surplus rice gulls. Damn tasty and despite the crazy-looking hopping schedule it works really well. I drank my first glass a little cold - a lot of the aroma came out in the warmer second glass - lots of big fruit in those hops, and nice level of bitterness (if anything, probably could do with a bit more bitterness, but I assume its dropped off a bit after a few months in the glass). Would have been great to taste this a bit younger.

nice to meet you, and to see your hyper-organised set-up - your wooden bottle-storage boxes beat my precarious stack of milk crates!

Cheers,

Jon.

nice to meet you, and to see your hyper-organised set-up - your wooden bottle-storage boxes beat my precarious stack of milk crates!

Jon, you actually got the last bottle bar the ones I have set aside for 6 and 12 month tastings.

As for the storage setup, the one under the table is actually an old bookshelf on it's back, the other one is the daughters old toybox she had before I upgraded her to a big shelving unit in her room.

I sense the need to make another hopburst building......Except I only have 4 varieties of hops right now.

Simcoe
Cascade
US Tettnang
Williamette

Yankee hopburst.......Yeap, next week.

Latest posts

Back