West Coast Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop me if this has been done before, but would it be possible to have a thermometer test at a coming WCB meeting? Everyone brings along their thermo, test them in different temp waters and see if they are giving similar readings and if the differences are consistent across the 0-100 range...?

Thats a great idea Deebee. Can we extend this to pH meters as well? I would love to see how mine compares to others especially at around mash pH. I can bring along some pH7 buffer and some citric acid to make up a solution to say 5.4 if others are interested.

One thing at a time, I reckon. We'll give the thermometers a run first, it might not be this month because of the December club comp, I'll discuss it with the rest of the comittee.

Thats a great idea Deebee. Can we extend this to pH meters as well? I would love to see how mine compares to others especially at around mash pH. I can bring along some pH7 buffer and some citric acid to make up a solution to say 5.4 if others are interested.

sounds like a good idea, even if to check that buffering solutions are all up too scratch and that we are calibrating correctly.

pH meters at 20 paces!!

Grab

One thing at a time, I reckon. We'll give the thermometers a run first, it might not be this month because of the December club comp, I'll discuss it with the rest of the comittee.

Thanks Barf,

I was waiting for someone organised to take control.

DB

am i okay to show up to this next meeting? is it on monday? and where is it held now if it's cool?

Everyone is welcome! (Except Asher if he's entering the comp, the ******* keeps winning).

Next meeting is this coming Monday the 11th. They're every second Monday of the month.

Address is: Rivervale community centre, corner Surrey Rd & Francisco St, Rivervale. We kick off at 7:30pm.

Hi all,
Looks Like I cant make it to the Dec meeting, could I drop of a couple of bottles of my IIPA for the comp to someone?

Hi all,
Looks Like I cant make it to the Dec meeting, could I drop of a couple of bottles of my IIPA for the comp to someone?

Hi Case
You get it to someone and we will judge it!!

hey guys, is there any chance one of you AG guys would let me come and watch you do one? just so i can see a setup working and also how it's done i can sit in a corner and be quiet and then help washing up, let me know here or PM me cheers!

PS had a heap of fun the other night was great fun and an eye opener to how much better that AG was compared to my old K&K

hey guys, is there any chance one of you AG guys would let me come and watch you do one? just so i can see a setup working and also how it's done i can sit in a corner and be quiet and then help washing up, let me know here or PM me cheers!
PS had a heap of fun the other night was great fun and an eye opener to how much better that AG was compared to my old K&K
brewing in the morning Team Beer!

probably not enough notice for you! hoping to start at around 8am.

PM me if keen!

Grab

I could be dreaming, but I'm trying to get hold of a bottle of the Sam Adams Triple Bock from the Dec meeting.
The International Beer Shop doesn't have it and are not likely to get a single bottle in for me, and definatelly not by xmas day!

Anyone got any idea's on where I could try next?

Cheers, Simo

Damn poo bugger damn!
Saw it was still on their website so thought it may have been an annual seasonal. Just had another look and, well, I guess I shoulda looked under the 'History' link.

Lucky indeed! s'pose I'm just gonna have to try brew something like it, could be ready by 2015!

well it's a little late now, but if anyone after the silly season is up for it i would be grateful. thanks for the offer Grab!!

Cheers!

no worries Team Beer, will keep it in mind for next brew

Grab

Latest posts

Back