West Coast Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't go next month either. So can I appoint Guest Lurker as my proxy prize collector given that he was also my proxy beer entry agent and the proxy brewer of my Oktoberfest entry.

Nice one Goat.
The rumour that the comps are like junior footy and every one gets " player of the day" at some stage, are totally unfounded.

Seriously good beer though.

Brilliant stuff mr goat! Not only did somebody beat Asher, but from what I hear did it in style to boot.

My 12 month old too-sweet okto calmed down enough to limp home in 5th.

Sounds like a great comp, wish I was there for it.

I can't go next month either. So can I appoint Guest Lurker as my proxy prize collector given that he was also my proxy beer entry agent and the proxy brewer of my Oktoberfest entry.

Geez Deebee I'll have to run that one by the other stewards as far as proxy prize collection goes, considering all the kerfuffle lately with proxy entries into the sandgropers christmas case and all that. :ph34r:

Also that bout of honesty above about proxy brewing will also be on the agenda for the next stewards meeting, I hope it doesnt come down to individual entrants being swabbed before the competition to prove they are real brewers and not just fermentation assistants or fermenter sitters. I'll have a quiet word to the other stewards and see what we can come up with, maybe that can be the task of the volunteer steward for each competition :excl:

Westcoastbrewers-gate

Im a fan of the consumption-by-proxy myself, I am more than happy to evaluate Goats prizes in his absence...LOL

Im also sorry I didnt make the meeting,

Thanks chaps. And can I add that the fact that I was an honourary Steward for that evening had NOTHING to do with the results...

Speaking of Octoberfest - I must have missed that thread. When are the dates again (Dave ?)

I noticed yesterday that the alluring blue and white patterned bunting at the Moon is back. Anyone up for a snifter?

I noticed yesterday that the alluring blue and white patterned bunting at the Moon is back. Anyone up for a snifter?

It'd be criminal not to meet up for one or two or three etc. When do you reckon? A couple of weeks(27th ish) to give people a chance to sneak it on the calender without SWMBO noticing :D . Asher will be back by then...won't he?

I have no idea what you're talking about, but if there is beer involved I will probably be up for it (I'm back!).

sorry - it should read BEER.

Hey Kook, are you back in town ?! is this permenant?

I'm always willing to catch up with Kook, welcome back mate :)

Just name the time and place.

Thanks guys :)

Back for good now. I'll be building my new brewery in the coming weeks, I really want to get stuck into it and start brewing again!

I'll be along to the next WCB meeting, with some commercial beer though. I'll break out something nice from my US stash.

If anyone wants to catch up for a brew somewhere before then just let me know.

Post details of your build-up Kook. Would be interesting to see another AG setup from the build stage.

If we're getting together for a beer or two and non WCB members are OK, I'll put my hand up.

Will do once it starts moving along. I plan on documenting / photographing the process.

extract from 'travel log;'

"At this point I surprised Tracy by asking her to marry me."

what's this ?!!! Are you going pro Kook? Congratulations. All the more reason to get together for a beer

Went to the moon, on friday, great beers on tap, but scary clientele

Yep, we're engaged now. A bit of a change, but a very good one :)

I keep meaning to update the blog with all the stuff from California. I've got a heap of photos to post-process first though. I took several hundred driving up highway 1.

Would anyone like to catch up one evening this week? Or maybe Sat/Sun next weekend? Clancy's might be worth the trip?

Latest posts

Back