West Coast Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darryn, I had a recent 'test' brew which had a fair bit of diacetyl in it and the only advice I can offer is drink it quick.

I do like the taste of diacetyl, specially in a big ale, but it can get overpowering pretty easily.

(hey - where's my burner gone?)

Goat said:
Darryn, I had a recent 'test' brew which had a fair bit of diacetyl in it and the only advice I can offer is drink it quick.
I do like the taste of diacetyl, specially in a big ale, but it can get overpowering pretty easily.
(hey - where's my burner gone?)
[post="63548"][/post]​

Hi Goat
This one was definately at the overpowering stage!

I brazed up the hole in the burner but can't seem to get it to burn very well, I'll drop it back if you want I think I'll get a a nasa soon from G&G

I'm prolly going to brew an ipa this weekned so will chuck a bit of that in when its at high krauesen

ausdb

ahhh; good beer gone bad - that's a shame

I was referring to my nasa burner and certain threats made in another thread .

In fact I have no recollection of what happened to the other burner - funny how brew days go like that... I don't really need it though so if you (or anyone else) can't use it you are welcome to it.

Ouch !

my ESB scored 28.5
cant say I disagree.
I dont think pouring it into a soda bottle with my pluto gun 10 minute before I left helped this beer to be it's best.
I detected a definate white-wine (goony) aroma when it was served at the comp and it was cloudy too.
oh well, always next time

cheers

Sean

I would love to come but ...
I don't think I will be able to get clearance from the war office, especially in school holidays

cheers

Sean

in a former life I was the president of the WCB, then some organised people like Asher and Martin took it over :)

Ahhh thought that was you Sean ! Welcome to the forum.

You've got a few weeks to work on it - its worth the effort.

I clearly remember having a great time for the first half of every other brew day.... :)

OK I guess it's time to bite the bullet and come to one of these meetings. I will even pay my membership fee and come up with a suggestion for the new name.

So exactly when is the next Dockers Brewers meeting?

After speaking with Vlad at the Twixt sundowner, I had every intention of going to the last weeks meeting but a certain flat pack of outdoor furniture needed assembling....I've booked next months meeting in with SWMBO(Rain, shine or flat pack)

Just a little reminder to everybody that the next club meeting is tomorrow evening (Monday 10th April) at 7:30pm.
The address is:
Rivervale community centre
cnr Surrey rd and Francisco st
Rivervale

Is WCB on tonight?

Leave pass granted and keen to make debut after talking about going for 9 months.........

I think I will make it, so if there isnt a meeting we can sit outside the locked door and swap beers.

Is WCB on tonight?

Leave pass granted and keen to make debut after talking about going for 9 months.........
Yes its on tonight

The results of last months competition will also be announced and prizes awarded. Lets hope someone manages to knock Asher off his throne!

Also a reminder if you are not there to claim your prize it will be brought to the next meeting cold and if you don't take it then we will drink it on your behalf :excl:

I'd like to come a long and meet you guys (only put my first brew down yesterday, and it's a kit).

Is it alright if I come down without bringing/taking beers? :)

I'd like to come a long and meet you guys (only put my first brew down yesterday, and it's a kit).

Is it alright if I come down without bringing/taking beers? :)

Guests are always welcome. You dont have to bring a beer for people to try. But make sure you bring a glass, so you can try samples of the beers that everyone else brought. Best make it a small glass if driving home.

I will bring my last bottle of Red Oak's Honey Ale I had shipped over a couple of weeks ago to appease the beer gods ;)

bugger - I completely forgot it....

Well let me be first to tell you. You took out 1st and 4th places in the German beer comp. So you better go next time to grab your prizes.

And just to rub it in you missed out on the best choice of beers and some nice glasses :p :p
You can choose from the dregs next month!!

Back