West Coast Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
Does anyone that is coming to the meeting tonight have a spare air lock grommet ( the rubber thing) they could spare, even if only until the end of the week, somehow managed to lose one and need one to more easily control the ferment on my sample of the WBBD brew. happy to buy it off you etc, just dont have time/desire to go out to TWOC until end of week if at all...

Cheers

Hi all,
Does anyone that is coming to the meeting tonight have a spare air lock grommet ( the rubber thing) they could spare, even if only until the end of the week, somehow managed to lose one and need one to more easily control the ferment on my sample of the WBBD brew. happy to buy it off you etc, just dont have time/desire to go out to TWOC until end of week if at all...

Hi Case, I will throw one in for you, PS that yeast seems to work pretty well without an airlock just keep it covered until the head drops then think about ftting an airlock. How is it fermenting by the way?

Stop me if this has been done before, but would it be possible to have a thermometer test at a coming WCB meeting? Everyone brings along their thermo, test them in different temp waters and see if they are giving similar readings and if the differences are consistent across the 0-100 range...?

Great idea Dave !

I can bring my Mashmaster bi-metal and the Dixell XC10 controller.

The trusty Immersion heater could be used to boil up some H2O if needed too.

Would love to come along to a WCB meeting to see what it's all about.

Can bring a CAL3200 industrial controller.

EDIT: Anyone got a science lab thermometer? Would be nice to have something of known accuracy as a referance.

Superb idea. I'll bring along my $2 jobbie I got from coles, just to see if cheap can still be accurate.

Like your thinking. My bro works in a lab(Not clandestine) and may be able to loan a calibrated you beaut thermometer for the evening.

I'll bring some along, the one that work owns was calibrated but has been drop calibrated a few times since !

I have a GPS and a micrometer................suppose I am to far away :(

Batz

2nd Monday of the month, so next month would be the 11th.

Address: Rivervale community centre, cnr surrey and francisco, rivervale

And for you smarty types with the camera phones we will collect them at the door

But camera phones capture golden moments!

Such as this:
brew-disaster-2006.jpg

LOL! oops!

Hmmm, an initiation ceremony eh?
Mental note: keep an eye on Vlad.

hey guys, well i think i might just have to pop down to this meeting after work! and check it out, my latest won't be ready to sample just yet but i might bring a thimble along :super:

That photo's all over the forum now !
Every post I open has it posted in there somewhere :D

Latest posts

Back