• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

website deals of the day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TSMill said:
I grabbed some of the St Stefanus, nice for the price (ordered 6 they sent 12) but would struggle to justify the full retail $20 per bottle in my opinion.

But don't take my word for it, here is a "craft beer enthusiast" review from the DM website:

"Served at 5°C in two ice cold beer glasses, the colour was murky but vibrant with a strong aroma and a slow pour. Unfortunately it wasn't as fruity and full flavoured as we anticipated, and overall we were slightly disappointed.

Nonetheless, we are both convinced that the over ageing of the product had much to do with this. If it were poured at 6 months rather than 18 months we could expect these flavours to be much more full bodied and the bitter finish would be much more subtle".
Dickhead drank it too cold to taste it - he should stick to VB

Not website related but bargains nonetheless.

I do a bit of work at pender place shopping centre in MAITLAND HUNTER VALLEY, The BWS bottle shop currently has a lot of clearance stock on ciders, Carlton draught, ginger beer and few other beers aswell. I just cleaned them out on a carton worth of Murray's whale ale for $28 and carton of James squires Constable for $25:D

I was was wondering if I could get a digital copy of JZ's Yeast book for my iPad. I went onto Amazon, they have it in Kindle vers. I downloaded the Kindle app for my iPad. I had to buy the Yeast book on my PC coz it's not available through my iPad....blah blah ....iTunes updates....blah.

Somehow I got the Hops book of the same series and the Yeast book on my iPad for $10. I might try the Water and Malt books next.

I checked this morning and I got charged for both lol. Don't know how it bought both but o well. $20is still not bad

SBOB said:
unfortunately delivery is extra ($7/case)
Shit, I thought it was one of those free delivery deals like the recent St Stephanus

earle said:
Leffe Blonde - $59.95 at Dans including free delivery
Does anyone know what kind of bottles (i.e glass thickness) these come in ? I don't think the Blonde or the Radieuse (which is also on special) are bottle conditioned, so they're probably not thick ones by Belgian standards?

Getting some free beer with my (admittedly pricey) bottles would be enough to take a chance on these as I've never tried Leffe before.

purple-lazy said:
Does anyone know what kind of bottles (i.e glass thickness) these come in ? I don't think the Blonde or the Radieuse (which is also on special) are bottle conditioned, so they're probably not thick ones by Belgian standards?

Getting some free beer with my (admittedly pricey) bottles would be enough to take a chance on these as I've never tried Leffe before.
Yeah they are thin bottles. Nowhere near the thickness of Duvel for example.
I have used the bottles as giveaways and they were fine but I wouldn't buy them to re-use the bottles over and over.

Samuel Adams said:
I have used the bottles as giveaways and they were fine but I wouldn't buy them to re-use the bottles over and over.
Thanks mate. Just the feedback I was looking for.

Samuel Adams said:
But maybe you'll like the beer?

Les the Weizguy said:
But maybe you'll like the beer?

Absolutely. Still considering giving one or both of them a go. Just not letting the bottles influence the decision now. I have a Chimay Blue clone on my to brew list that I need some serious bottles for.

I'd be happy to hear testimonials for either of the Leffe's by the way, or comparisons to similar/competing beers.

Samuel Adams said:
Shit yeah, Radieuse is one of my favourite beers !

But if you want good bottles, buy Coopers Sparkling tallies.
Sounds like a vote for Radieuse then. I think I read that the Cooper's bottles have change to (slightly) thinner glass recently?

purple-lazy said:
Absolutely. Still considering giving one or both of them a go. Just not letting the bottles influence the decision now. I have a Chimay Blue clone on my to brew list that I need some serious bottles for.

I'd be happy to hear testimonials for either of the Leffe's by the way, or comparisons to similar/competing beers.

Sounds like a vote for Radieuse then. I think I read that the Cooper's bottles have change to (slightly) thinner glass recently?
I hope not, I might have to buy up old ones if it's the case.
Those small Chimay bottles are nice and thick, it would be an expensive way to get a collection though.

Nothing wrong with Leffe blond either, the brown one is nice too.

Latest posts

Back