• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

website deals of the day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drinking a few right now.

A mate managed to snag the last 23 (???) bottles off the shelves at Ringwood DMs after I tipped him off.

The kindly staff offered to divide the $20 slab price by 24, then multiply by 23 to get the same per-bottle price.

Then the till told them to take off 10% because of their standard 10 or more single bottle discount. Oh...if you insist !!

$17 ish for 23 bottles of a really rather good saison, if a little sweet. It's a spicy, honeyd sweetness, so that's ok with me.

Cheers.

Same - 17 from the Preston DM for $11. (0.83c per bottle, plus a 10% discount).
Drinking one now - quite a tasty saison, even though slightly on the sweet side.
Cheers!!

Don't appear to be any cases left in Sydney stores, so glad picked up a case yesterday. It's a pretty good drop too

Should be about 3 slabs left at the qv store in the city. Had to to there as the store I went to pick them up from didn't have any. Not a bad drop, happy with the value for money.

Picked up one for me and one for the brother in law.

I think they're pretty good. I can taste a Belgian Ale kind of flavour plus a fair hit of fruitiness. Not bad. And you barely notice it's 6.4%. Didn't pay much attention to the bottle, but from memory looks to be the standard 330mL kind used by a lot of breweries now.

Good spot. Fine whip do fairly regular sales.

I got a slab of 300 a while back (which I can't see on their site anymore) and passed on extras at cost to a few blokes.

I recommend the cartridges themselves. The various regulators available, however, can be a bit hit-and-miss.

The bike shop guys do them cheaper don't they? Like under $1ea...

I use a companion mega jet for BIAB. Most I have had boiling was 34L. Handled it easily.

They are the same ones that come with 20l crab cookers from bcf. Try a site search and find some info, I found it helpful in buying this over a Mongolian jet burner.

That burner has 106,000 BTU's compared to 36,000 for a 3 ring burner. Have to be careful you don't melt the aluminium pot with that much heat?

MiskatonicBrewhaus said:
Does anyone have any reviews on these burners ? How big a batch size cam they handle ?
I use one for my 98 litre pot. Most I have boiled so far is about 70l.

Back