• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

website deals of the day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeker said:
Master brewing course - internet based on Groupon.http://www.groupon.com.au/deals/national-deal/gg-e-careers-4-59-98/719005536?utm_campaign=UserReferral_mih&utm_medium=email&utm_source=anonymous

$19 instead of $650.

thought it was worth the risk for that price.

No idea how good it is yet as it takes 3 days for the course to show in your account.

I signed up for this yesterday, thought for $19 there might be some useful info there for cheap. I've watched some of the videos and there is some interesting/useful info but probably for only new brewers such as myself.

However, there is some editing issues on some of the videos and there's a particular video I didn't watch much of but the camera isn't even pointing at the teacher for the first few minutes I saw! It's mostly reasonably high quality production but how that video got through QA is beyond me.

There's other videos where the camera is rolling but the teacher isn't speaking and 30 seconds - 1 minute later it kicks off. They seemingly felt it apt not to edit that part out. :huh:

So far, for $19 I'm reasonably happy with it but there is absolutely no possible way that this is $650 worth. Not a bloody chance. If I'd paid $650 for this course, I'd be demanding my money back immediately.

Anyone know if you can get just the burner cheap - without all the unnecessary stand addition?

Especially in Aus.

Can get from Amazon US, but I thinl the freight is a killer (Ebay aus, ~20 for burner, ~40 for freight...)

Cheers

Mr B said:
Anyone know if you can get just the burner cheap - without all the unnecessary stand addition?

Especially in Aus.

Can get from Amazon US, but I thinl the freight is a killer (Ebay aus, ~20 for burner, ~40 for freight...)

Cheers
Seems like the trouble. They're reasonably priced overseas but like everything else there's a premium here.

I've found one for 140 before in a Vietnamese junk shop in inala. Closest I've come to a good price.

Other than that, you could go commercial.

https://www.auscrown.com.au/page/shop/browse/a/category/e/highpressurewokburners

Makes you wonder why they're so cheap OS but almost over the top here.

Mr B said:

Especially in Aus.

Cheers
A Bayou BG10 (what we call a NASA burner) is $32.10 delivered from Amazon for me
you just need to add the orifice (jet), regulator and hose, so you're looking at around ~$70-100 all up depending on where you get your bits from

Mr B said:

Especially in Aus.

Cheers
Hey mate,

I actually just bought a full NASA burner setup from a mix between amazon, ebay and auscrown. NASA burner from amazon is around $25 (inc. postage), then a high pressure orifice was 24 (Inc. postage - ebay), and then a regulator and high quality gas hose from auscrown was $73 (inc. postage). So all up $122. You can also get regulators and gas hoses off amazon, but I would rather buy them in australia since I know the company is quality and avoids playing around with adapters between gas bottle and regulator and hoses etc.

Pretty cheap relative to the setups you find in australia. Only problem is you'll need to make a base out of it, which I planned on either welding one or cutting up an old 4wd rim if I can get my hands on for free.

I managed my whole burner setup for under $50 and just mounted it to an old car rim:
-$30 nasa KingKooker burner off amazon incl. shipping (came with the 3/8' orifice that you'll need to buy seperately with the bayou BG10 version)
-$10 keg king adjustable high pressure regulator
-$10 gas hose (i found one on hard rubbish off an old bbq but i assume you could find one for $10ish)

Works perfectly and raises temp's in a double batch super fast without the old handheld element that i used to use in conjunction with a modified 3 ring burner

nathanvonbeerenstein said:
I managed my whole burner setup for under $50 and just mounted it to an old car rim:

-$10 gas hose (i found one on hard rubbish off an old bbq but i assume you could find one for $10ish)
Happy for you man, good find but me personally... I'd buy a new one. Gas ain't nothing to take chances with.

nisbets has bumped the price on that unit a good 15$.. still well priced :)

DU99 said:
was in BWS phillip island and they had bridge road spiegelau ipa glass offer.three stubbies and a glass in box.i got one for $13.

33z2o0h.jpg
2djp92s.jpg
I picked up another one of these today in Torquay for $15.

Latest posts

Back