• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

[wanted - Melb] Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siborg

Reaction score
Hey

I'm after a smallish fridge or freezer to fit a 25-30L fermenter in. Willing to pay if someone is selling. I don't want anything too big, and it doesn't even have to work 100%, just enough to plug into my temp mate and keep at fermenting temps.

check on gumtree, there is this guy I bought a 140 Ltr one from that works great btw for $100 last year. He might have some listed, I think he just collects unwanted electricals from res buildings left behind by people when they move out and flogs them.

i scored an all fridge off an old guy on ebay who just collects stuff and sells it. Laurie i think his name was. Anyways it cost me $250 and was perfect...until i turned it on and it did nothing. I let it sit for 48 hours before i even plugged it in. Tempmate makes no difference so its not the thermostat. So i called him back and told him and he said he would replace it when he can. Been 6 months and never heard from him again, dodgy bugga.

so if anyone wants a perfect all fridge that dosnt work its yours for nishta.

Cheers Fents. I've got one already. I use a cheapo heater attached to a template which I use to control the ambient air in the fridge. Great for winter... Not so great in the summer. I've got a bar fridge that holds a fermenter, but I really want to step up production over summer, so it's kinda hard when I can only control the temp of one batch at a time.

Cheers Fents. I've got one already. I use a cheapo heater attached to a template which I use to control the ambient air in the fridge. Great for winter... Not so great in the summer. I've got a bar fridge that holds a fermenter, but I really want to step up production over summer, so it's kinda hard when I can only control the temp of one batch at a time.

Was in the same situation as you until 2 weeks ago Simon (same bar fridge and everything from memory); brought a 340L fridge (no freezer) off fleebay for $70 to maintain the constant flow of beer through summer (holds two fermenters with room to spare). Best bet is to keep a close eye out for something similar, because there are bargains to be had.

Latest posts

Back