Fridge, temp control, cold crash

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warb

Reaction score
hey all, done a bit of searching and seems there are a few options, some old, etc, so looking for the latest method..

basically about to buy a new fridge to hold 2 standard carboys, with summer coming I need to keep the fermentation at 15 odd degrees, than want to drop to a couple odd degrees once done, etc..

what temp controller is best to protect the compressor, etc. don't mind modding the fridge if need be however I assume an external thermostat is now the standard with timed delays, etc.. what's the latest suggestion?

See the ad at the top there for Inkbird. Simple solution, no mods required. Plug the fridge plug into the cooling socket and a heat belt or pad into the heating socket.

hey all, done a bit of searching and seems there are a few options, some old, etc, so looking for the latest method..

basically about to buy a new fridge to hold 2 standard carboys, with summer coming I need to keep the fermentation at 15 odd degrees, than want to drop to a couple odd degrees once done, etc..

what temp controller is best to protect the compressor, etc. don't mind modding the fridge if need be however I assume an external thermostat is now the standard with timed delays, etc.. what's the latest suggestion?
I keep my fridge set at 1 C with one of these below, make a simple thermowell to fit in your fermenter only cost a few dollars as shown and your good to go.
IMG_0185 - Copy.JPG
https://www.kegking.com.au/mkii-10-30amp-temperature-controller-heat-cool.html

Latest posts

Back