VICBREW 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GrumpyPaul said:
It was a pretty high scoring category indeed.

Same for me was pretty happy with my Red IPA scoring 120 - even if it did place 14th. Twas a bugger it could go in as a proper IPA - would have done quite well with that score
i think the guys scoring the ips's were tough judges :)

First comp for me and I'm stoked! My stout scored 109.5 which gave me 6th place!
My other two entries got 14th (Low Alcohol) and 16th (Pilsner). First AG attempt at all three styles for me!

Not sure if there was a mixup with my pilsner entry as it has been categorised as a Classic American Pilsner when it was definitely a Bohemian. Guess I'll wait for the score sheets and double-check then.

Pretty happy all round. 2nd APA, 4th Saison and 14th IPA. IPA wasn't up to scratch, thought it was still real young.

Pretty happy too. My low alcohol entry came fifth at 108 and missed top 3 by a couple of points..oh well..Nearly didn't enter it as was bottled off keg and sitting in back of the fridge for several months. Happy with results of Oktoberfest and bock given only two months old. The lower scores..well looking forward to feedback to continue to improve.

Thanks again to all the volunteers and everyone involved.

What's with the dislike for a chill beer? I guess 2 ghost chillies in a 20L batch was a little toooooooo much?

Wolfman said:
What's with the dislike for a chill beer? I guess 2 ghost chillies in a 20L batch was a little toooooooo much?
I think the problem is it burnt the bottom out of every vessel we tried to put it in. Only two chillies did that!

Dippet said:
Pretty happy all round. 2nd APA, 4th Saison and 14th IPA. IPA wasn't up to scratch, thought it was still real young.
Congrats. I judged the farmhouse.. some good beers

Grainer said:
Congrats. I judged the farmhouse.. some good beers
My Wit went pretty well. Also considering it was the first time Id ever brewed a wit, used spices or that strain of yeast. Hopefully can only improve on that next year.

Black n Tan said:
I think the problem is it burnt the bottom out of every vessel we tried to put it in. Only two chillies did that!
Yer that's it mate, 2 ghost chillies. I guess they are not for everyone?

Wolfman said:
Yer that's it mate, 2 ghost chillies. I guess they are not for everyone?
I liked it at the Top 5, might have needed a bit more body to balance the intense heat. Would be awesome with tradition wood fired oven pizza piled high with ham and cheese.

booker_h said:
When are the bottles for the Nationals due?
By Monday I think I got an email last night from the organisers .

Had the same e-mail. Vic Brew are organizing a bulk shipment and bottles need to be with a committee member before Monday 5th. I'm hoping for a response to my return e-mail so that I don't have to spend the weekend randomly wandering the city, clutching my entries, asking people if they're a member of the VicBrew committee. Might be a good job its a long weekend.

If you can't get the bottles to the VicBrew committee, the AABC entry form states that entries are due at CraftBrewer on Friday 2nd October and I assume that you'll have to cover postage personally although the e-mail did say that VicBrew will cover the entry fee (just note it on the form)

booker_h said:

booker_h said:

Very happy with my second place in the Strong Lager with my Eisbock. Big thanks to all the organisers sounds like it was a massive undertaking. Will indeed try and make myself available next year.

Blind Dog said:
Had the same e-mail. Vic Brew are organizing a bulk shipment and bottles need to be with a committee member before Monday 5th. I'm hoping for a response to my return e-mail so that I don't have to spend the weekend randomly wandering the city, clutching my entries, asking people if they're a member of the VicBrew committee. Might be a good job its a long weekend.

If you can't get the bottles to the VicBrew committee, the AABC entry form states that entries are due at CraftBrewer on Friday 2nd October and I assume that you'll have to cover postage personally although the e-mail did say that VicBrew will cover the entry fee (just note it on the form)

I planned on dropping them off to brewers den tomorrow otherwise there is a Melbourne brewers meeting tomorrow night at boronia you could drop them off at

It doesn't look like I've been sent an email. Can I PM someone my email address or find out what's involved in getting my entry organised?

Latest posts

Back