Vic Xmas In July Case Swap 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wardie we gonna jump in a car and hit Peel's for a few (and our drop off) one day one of these weekends?
Fents and Wardie

Im brewing a Scottish Export Ale tomorrow. If you want you can drop in for a few, drop off your case swap contribution and see the Rough Diamond Brewery in action.

Would love to mate but at midday i've got to jet over to a mates house in Northcote for a couple as he leaves for Dubai on monday, i wont be long tho so maybe an arvo visit?

Arvo's out for me, maybe next weekend?

Edit : Confirmation that executive decision is justified. That brown ale would've been a disappointing contribution to the case swap. Truly, a one-trick pony. Note to self : Choc malt + pale ale malt != an interesting beer, there's gotta be more.
Will be test driving a pint of the replacement tonight, I'll be shattered if it's not better.

Damn you Wardhog. I don't need someone with a similar beer to mine who's actually putting thought into the recipe!

Damn you Wardhog. I don't need someone with a similar beer to mine who's actually putting thought into the recipe!

Sorry, I tend to be hypercritical of the things I do. Could be that I wanted it to be more than the style really is, don't go thinking I'll say the same about your beer.

Just sucking back one of these IPA's now :beerbang: :beerbang: :chug:

Sorry Gents but the Koelsch is OUT.... not ready I'm afraid and I think it might be shithouse anyway.

So I did a Wit that should just be ready in time for the swap..... it will be very very fresh, which is a good thing for wheat beers thank God. Should be tasty, I used some kaffir lime zest and leaves, that i pilfered from a neighbor's tree. They smelled fantastic going into the boil. I also did a sizable sour mash on it (I like em tangy) So with luck, it will be a fresh, zesty and tart, thirst quenching summertime brew.... great timing hey :rolleyes:

1. Peels Cream ale
2. DarkFaerytale - Smoked Ale?????
3. Lucas - Batz Altbier
4. Wardhog Brown Porter
5. Fents - IPA
6. Velophile - Stout or Pale Ale?
7. Thirsty Boy - Witbier
8. Andrei - Irish Dry Stout
9. Quintrex - Tripel
10. RobW - robust porter
11. apd - brown ale or an out-of-season wheat
12. kadmium - Hause ale
13. Mmmmm... beer - Dark Ale
14. mark_mulrooney - Amarillo amber ale

Looking forward to this swap.... getting sick of drinking coopers to empty the longnecks though.

Thirsty

looking forward to that one thursty i'v had wits on my mind latly will deffinatly have to make one soon

-Phill

1. Peels Cream ale
3. Lucas - Batz Altbier
4. Wardhog Sloppy Skunk Fart APA
5. Fents - IPA
6. Velophile - Stout or Pale Ale?
7. Thirsty Boy - Witbier
9. Quintrex - Tripel
10. RobW - robust porter
12. kadmium - Hause ale

Updated.

Well after much deliberation I am going with my original submission. The Cream Ale. Because I under hopped an already low hopped style its turned out to be a bit of a lawnmower beer but I really dont have anything else to submit.

Well after much deliberation I am going with my original submission. The Cream Ale. Because I under hopped an already low hopped style its turned out to be a bit of a lawnmower beer but I really dont have anything else to submit.

How did the Scottish Export go?

The APA still needs some time in the warmth to carb up, but this weekend should see it right. You gonna be around this weekend? Fents?

The Scottish went really well. The smell of the mash was great. Hit all the targets and this was the first time I have used a liquid yeast. It took off about 5 minutes after pitching the yeast.

I will be home this weekend.

1. Peels Cream ale
3. Lucas - Batz Altbier
5. Fents - IPA
6. Velophile - Amarillo Pale Ale
7. Thirsty Boy - Witbier
9. Quintrex - Tripel
10. RobW - robust porter
12. kadmium - Hause ale

1. Peels Cream ale
3. Lucas - Batz Altbier
5. Fents - IPA
6. Velophile - Amarillo Pale Ale
7. Thirsty Boy - Witbier
9. Quintrex - Tripel
10. RobW - robust porter
11. apd - brown ale
12. kadmium - Hause ale

Peels....

Wardie and I are coming up sun 2.30pmish ...all good?

Peels....

Wardie and I are coming up sun 2.30pmish ...all good?
All good. Looking forward to it. I have a steep driveway so I will leave the garage open so you can drive up into it. Save you lugging the bottles up.

Dropped my contribution off at Peels' place today, and have a request of all those involved. Please keep the bottles marked 'WAPA' in as warm a spot as you can for as long as you can - they need a bit more carbonation and the cold weather has made that difficult.

Cheers for the Amarillo\Cascade ales today, Peels, a very tasty drop, and cheers Fents for the lift.

thanks to andrei for dropping off his contribution at my place over the weekend, and i'm sorry i didn't offer you a beer realised after you left very bad of me, you'll have to have one with me when you come to pick up the case

if anyone else wants to drop off there case during the week at my place there very welcome, just send me a PM and i'll give you my mobile and address

cheers

-Phill

yep done and dusted....made the trip with ward out to peels yesterday for some very very tasty brew and a good meet / chat. you have a sensational setup peels...i'll get there one day ;)

Bring on the case swap!!!! mmmmm beer (and its only 8.30am :()

Back