Vic Xmas In July Case Swap 2007

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some spare 800ml twist top bottles if you need them Fents.

Cheers for the offer Peels....

but i suspect buying a slab of coopers and drinking them is the better option ;)

You do know that 11 week old dogs lack the dexterity to funnel small amounts of sugar into bottles, don't you?

:p

Ahhh... I new there was something amiss. I will definitely work with smaller dogs and larger funnels in the future.

Ahhh... I new there was something amiss. I will definitely work with smaller dogs and larger funnels in the future.

Careful - if the dogs are too small, they may not have the strength to lift even priming-quantities of sugar and then you run into all sorts of training issues - have you ever tried to teach a dog to use a block and tackle?

Probably not a lot of use to you guys right now, but I'd be interested in particpiating in a Melbourne Xmas case swap. That gives me time to work on a couple of brews. I'd be doing a dark ale/stout. I'll keep an eye out for a thread later in the year.

how many are there all up in the swap?

if my "smoke ale" doesn't work out i'll probably swap it for my hobgoblin clone if i have enough bottles (not that i really want to get rid of it :p )

-Phill

This is the list as it stands.

1. Peels Cream ale
2. DarkFaerytale - Smoked Ale?????
3. Lucas - Batz Altbier
4. Wardhog Brown Porter
5. Fents - IPA
6. Velophile - Stout or Pale Ale?
7. Thirsty Boy - Kolsch (or a Wit if the Kolsch goes pear shaped)
8. Andrei - Irish Dry Stout
9. Quintrex - Tripel
10. RobW - robust porter
11. apd - brown ale or an out-of-season wheat
12. kadmium - Hause ale
13. Mmmmm... beer - Dark Ale
14. mark_mulrooney - Amarillo amber ale

Im also questioning my Cream Ale entry. Because I left some hops out its a little on the sweet side. If I dont think its up to scratch I will submit an APA.

i'm pretty sure 14 was exactly how many bottles i had left ... dam it :)

this smoke ale better be up to scratch after 3 and a half weeks of cold conditioning *shakes a fist*

-Phill

If I dont think its up to scratch I will submit an APA.

Noooooooooooooooooooo

Don't do that, APA is my fallback position, too. I'm a little concerned about the carbonation level in the 14 bottles I've set aside
Oh well, if it turns out it's a little flat, I can always claim it's an EPA and it's to style and hope no one knows any better..

Geeez all you fairys swapping your entrys at the last minute!! hahah just kidding, i have no prefernce to what ya'll brew and swap as long as its yummo!

how many are there all up in the swap?

if my "smoke ale" doesn't work out i'll probably swap it for my hobgoblin clone if i have enough bottles (not that i really want to get rid of it :p )

-Phill

Yum!!! I'd love that, you'll have to bring a bottle or two along to the central swap if you don't change entries :)

shouldn't have said anything :p

i'll make sure to bring a couple :)

:beer:

-Phill

IPA is bottled! Tasted damn fine out of the fermenter.

Now im getting eager, cant wait to taste everyones drop. :beerbang:

Just gotta make some labels now. :beer:

Grrr... so much extra yeast has dropped out in the bottom of the bottles.... perfect for the yeast farmers ;)

I let it sit in secondary for ages... well, fingers crossed it turns out alright, bit of an experiment with home-made candied syrup.

IPA is bottled! Tasted damn fine out of the fermenter.

Now im getting eager, cant wait to taste everyones drop. :beerbang:

Just gotta make some labels now. :beer:

I've gotta say - I'm darn keen for the swap too! I tried one of my 1-week old belgian dark ale's on the weekend (while in a bottling session with another brewer). Quite happy with it - it was the first time I have used crystal malt before - fantastic stuff!

Bring on the beer swap! :party:

Geeez all you fairys swapping your entrys at the last minute!! hahah just kidding, i have no prefernce to what ya'll brew and swap as long as its yummo!

I'm brewing a Wit 2 weeks out from swap day.... if the Kolsch doesn't work out, then its fresh as a daisy wheat beers all round. Which wont be that bad. No other wheaties in the swap! (unless apd's porter goes wrong)

Its good to have a back-up!!

Thirsty

No other wheaties in the swap! (unless apd's porter goes wrong)

I've had two cracks at the brown. First was dodge so I brewed another which is yet to be tested. If it fails, I'll blame Pumpy. It's his recipe.

:D

bottled 3 (about 65L ) beers on monday (and was moving fridges, beds etc all day yesterday to my new unit) boy are my arms tired, anyway the smoked beer is in the bottle, it did not attenuate very well at all, it's still pretty thick (1.014 from memory), i was hopeing for something dryer. i was nearly going to prime with honey as the mouthfeel is a bit dryer when you do but i didn't want to distract from the smoke which is only just there, it was quite warming coming from the hydrometer which would be because my old hydrometer was out by at least 10 points, making this quite a big beer but i'm unsure of the starting gravity. i'm going to leave it till a few days befor the actuall swap and taste it as i'm in two minds as to which beer to enter into the swap, the cream (creamy) ale i bottled on the weekend tasted an absolute ripper coming from the hydro and i know it'll be a great beer to put in the case but on the other hand i'm sure some of you would be interested to see what 1kg of smoked malt gives to a beer.

anyway thats my little rant for the day :p

-Phill

Latest posts

Back