Vic Xmas Case Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Siborg. I'm pretty careful and have never had an infected batch (touch wood). Its just caused me to plan for one of my tried and proven recipes rather than having a crack at something a little more ambitious (I'll save the ambitious brews for Melbourne Brewer meetings).
Good idea man. I fluked it with a first time recipe for the last swap. But I plan on developing a "house" recipe. So I'll be experimenting over the coming months to produce something consistently great.

what the hell is going on with the numbers?!?!?! if you are in or out of the swap. put it in the wiki article... i have seen myself jump from number 9 to 8 to 7 and back again over the space of three posts.

i'll take kleiny and maple out as it looks like they have omitted themsleves "with general soreness" :p

AHB Name - Beer - Attendance.
1. Chris - Saison - attending
2. Zebba - tbd - possibly
3. WarmBeer - beer - come hell or high water or $150 taxi fares
4. Supra-Jim - tbd - hopefully attending
5. mxd - tbd -try to- promise to use CPBF to have a level of confidence.
6. Brendo - tbd - would be rude not to given it is 5 mins up the road
7. MeLoveBeer - tbd - attending
8. Fourstar - TBA - Attending
9. Seemax - tba - yes indeed
10. Wolfy - fruit or honey beer - too early to say about attending.
11. Cocko - tba - Should be.
12. Beersatan - TBD - TBD
13. sappas - tbd - tbd
14. Don Mateo - tbd - Attending.
15. Holla - TBD - Attending
16. Siborg - TBD - Attending (HELL YEAH!)
17. Leigh
18. Wakkatoo-TBD-Hopefully
19. Haysie, short time frame for a good lager, i`ll do by best, attending? wait n see
20. Shimple - Beer - Maybe
21. Arthur- Beer number1 or beer number2, wait n see

if you're missing, tuff titties. Add it to the wiki, dont blame me.

ONLY UPDATE ON THE WIKI FROM NOW ON!

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum//ind...edit&id=129

what the hell is going on with the numbers?!?!?! if you are in or out of the swap. put it in the wiki article... i have seen myself jump from number 9 to 8 to 7 and back again over the space of three posts.

LOL, I noticed that last night, but didn't say anything since some people are already stressed about confrontation and contentious issues.

i'll take kleiny and maple out as it looks like they have omitted themsleves "with general soreness" :p

AHB Name - Beer - Attendance.
1. Chris - Saison - attending
2. Zebba - tbd - possibly
3. WarmBeer - beer - come hell or high water or $150 taxi fares
4. Supra-Jim - tbd - hopefully attending
5. mxd - tbd -try to- promise to use CPBF to have a level of confidence.
6. Brendo - tbd - would be rude not to given it is 5 mins up the road
7. MeLoveBeer - tbd - attending
8. Fourstar - TBA - Attending
9. Seemax - tba - yes indeed
10. Wolfy - fruit or honey beer - too early to say about attending.
11. Cocko - tba - Should be.
12. Beersatan - TBD - TBD
13. sappas - tbd - tbd
14. Don Mateo - tbd - Attending.
15. Holla - TBD - Attending
16. Siborg - TBD - Attending (HELL YEAH!)
17. Leigh
18. Wakkatoo-TBD-Hopefully
19. Haysie, short time frame for a good lager, i`ll do by best, attending? wait n see
20. Shimple - Beer - Maybe
21. Arthur- Beer number1 or beer number2, wait n see

if you're missing, tuff titties. Add it to the wiki, dont blame me.

That's it, you've hurt my feelings now... I'm pulling out :lol:

Depending on how uni work is going (and my brain) I may attend for a few hours. I'll probably try and time it with something roasted.

Thanks Siborg. I'm pretty careful and have never had an infected batch (touch wood). Its just caused me to plan for one of my tried and proven recipes rather than having a crack at something a little more ambitious (I'll save the ambitious brews for Melbourne Brewer meetings).

Have only had one infected batch to date (touch wood), and it was the last Xmas case swap :( Was OK going into the bottles, but foul a few weeks later...

I will pull out if similar happens this time, but have a decent brew schedule between now and than, so should come up with at least 1 good batch :p

Bloody hell ... turn your back for a day or so and look what happens.

No Fents, no Maple, peps dropping out left right and center!

Well seeing how everybody else has piped up here is my 2c worth.

If you want to have a great day. Hang out with a bunch of really good brewers. Try some awesome beers. Maybe learn a thing or two. Then come along to the case swap day regardless of whether you want to participate or not.

Can we please not change the rules for the up coming swap, but make improvements for the next one?

As already pointed out, people are primarily entering for lots of different reasons, if you don't think you are getting anything out of it, don't enter the swap.

For me it is as simple as getting a bunch of beer other than my own to try.

I think setting too many rules, conditions, ways of swapping etc is going to be hard to administrate, will turn of newbies and end up with a much diminished outcome.

Chris, Is there a cut off date? Or its open til the last minute? I guess what I am asking is, regardless of numbers now,yesterday,tomorrow and in 4 weeks, we all have to brew 28 bottles? <_<

Going with the last swap, at some stage it looked 24, 25, 26 and people were generally happy they had a breather/taster, then at the last minute those spots were made up. It doesnt look like it will get to 28 at this stage which is great IMO, but do we brew for 28? Seems a wee bit silly, i.e 24 participants, then come October some punters spot the thread up and "yeah why not" the limits 28. Then if we dont get those punters we brewed 28 for what reason?
I`ll continue to argue the 28, a high number (majority) of swappers think its too many, the number doesnt work fermenters or cornies and needs updating!
Cheers

Chris, Is there a cut off date? Or its open til the last minute? I guess what I am asking is, regardless of numbers now,yesterday,tomorrow and in 4 weeks, we all have to brew 28 bottles? <_<

Going with the last swap, at some stage it looked 24, 25, 26 and people were generally happy they had a breather/taster, then at the last minute those spots were made up. It doesnt look like it will get to 28 at this stage which is great IMO, but do we brew for 28? Seems a wee bit silly, i.e 24 participants, then come October some punters spot the thread up and "yeah why not" the limits 28. Then if we dont get those punters we brewed 28 for what reason?
I`ll continue to argue the 28, a high number (majority) of swappers think its too many, the number doesnt work fermenters or cornies and needs updating!
Cheers

Good idea Haysie, if no one objects how about we put a cut off date of 4 weeks out (so approx mid Oct) for peak numbers. That way we should all know in plenty of time the how many to cater for. Others wanting to attend after that date can go on the reserve list or just come as a visitors.

21 only!, Great a number that works brewers and not bakers. In for either date but not brewing more than 24.

Ok think it is pretty obvious from the poll, so am fixing the date as Sat 20th November

Alright guys... after much debating with myself over the last month or so I have decided that I am not going to be a brewing particpant for the swap.

I am still planning on attending and being part of the day - but I really don't have the time to brew "for yet another thing" at this point in time - so gunna sit it out.

Looking forward to the day and sharing some beers - as per usual.

Brendo

I've had to pull out as well. It's always a nuts time of the year for me but is getting ridiculous this time around. Better I pull out now. Will see how I go re: attending.

5-6 weeks to go.
Onya bikes and get brewing. The numbers look sensational :icon_cheers: .

Whats for dinner Tails? Any sleeping quarters available?

Leave pass for the 20th organised? ... check
Recipe selected? ... check
Grains & hops on hand? ... check
New Italian spiral burner? ... somewhere between here and Adelaide!

Aus Post willing, I'll be brewing up a Black IPA this Friday night. Roll on November.

I just put an ESB in the fermenter, it's a new recipe so "here's hoping" it's better than the ESB I put in for Vicbrew.

Back