Vic Xmas Case Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had too much fun last time to miss out on this one.

1. Chris - Saison - attending
2. Zebba - tbd - possibly
3. WarmBeer - beer - come hell or high water or $150 taxi fares
4. Supra-Jim - tbd - hopefully attending
5. mxd - tbd -try to- promise to use CPBF to have a level of confidence.
6. Brendo - tbd - would be rude not to given it is 5 mins up the road
7. MeLoveBeer - tbd - attending
8. Maple - RyeBrewedBevy - tbd
9. Fourstar - TBA - Attending
10. Seemax - tba - yes indeed
11. Wolfy (depends on current tasting results/if I'm allowed) - fruit-weizen maybe - too early to say about attending.
12. Cocko - tba - Should be.
13. Beersatan - TBD - TBD
14. sappas - tbd - tbd
15. Don Mateo - tbd - Attending.
16. Holla - TBD - Attending
17. Siborg - TBD - Attending (HELL YEAH!)
18. Leigh
19. Wakkatoo-TBD-Hopefully

11. Wolfy (depends on current tasting results/if I'm allowed) - fruit-weizen maybe - too early to say about attending.
14. sappas - tbd - tbd
18. Leigh
20. Haysie, short time frame for a good lager, i`ll do by best, attending? wait n see

looks like we are getting a good lineup! what about the old hats!?! fents, Rook, dingo?! cat got your tongue?! :p

14. sappas - tbd - tbd
18. Leigh
20. Haysie, short time frame for a good lager, i`ll do by best, attending? wait n see
21. Kleiny - Something - Maybe

Given past swaps, and how some ahb'ers bottle, would it not make more sense to limit this swap to 24, to allow for standard batch size, plus a test or 2? I recall a few swaps now that there have been a few 'substitute beers' put in place to make up the number required.

I'm happy to relinquish my spot if there gets to be a reserve list.

Given past swaps, and how some ahb'ers bottle, would it not make more sense to limit this swap to 24, to allow for standard batch size, plus a test or 2? I recall a few swaps now that there have been a few 'substitute beers' put in place to make up the number required.

Yeah +1 here, only having this conversation y`day with Arthur who is considering contributing for a first time, 28 bottles volume is a PITA, sure it can be done in a single batch but, not much room for samples etc. My July swap was a 2 brew affair and I wasnt alone by the looks of it.

14. sappas - tbd - tbd
18. Leigh
22. Shimple - Beer - Maybe

Cheers SJ (on behalf of Shimple)

I have to do the same workarounds for 24 bottles that I do for 28, so that's not a concern for me. BUT, I have had to listen to Warm_beer bitching and moaning about not getting 4*'s celebration ale from the July swap, so I think there is merit in the suggestion...

..., I have had to listen to Warm_beer bitching and moaning about not getting 4*'s celebration ale from the July swap,
Yeah, but look on the bright side, you don't have to listen to him bitch that it was too hoppy for his tender taste-buds :ph34r:

Adding Arthur as numbers are growing

14. sappas - tbd - tbd
18. Leigh
22. Shimple - Beer - Maybe
23. Arthur- Beer number1 or beer number2, wait n see

My only reticence for limiting the swap to 24 is it then gets a little restictive for new brewers jumping in. True, not a lot of difference between 24 and 28, but historically the last couple of swaps have finalised in between those numbers.

@Zebba - I don't believe I bitched or moaned, Braden wouldn't know how to brew a bad beer. Why don't you go mix some Czech Saaz with some POR, cowboy :D

@Maple - I've heard some people with attempt to hide faults in their brewing processes behind an over-abundance of hops and spicy, spicy rye :p

It's getting to the point where we may have to do what the Qlders do (no not goats), but have two swaps of say 20-24...

@Maple - I've heard some people with attempt to hide faults in their brewing processes behind an over-abundance of hops and spicy, spicy rye :p

I call em multi-purpose ingredients, truth be known...

Yeah +1 here, only having this conversation y`day with Arthur who is considering contributing for a first time, 28 bottles volume is a PITA, sure it can be done in a single batch but, not much room for samples etc. My July swap was a 2 brew affair and I wasnt alone by the looks of it.

I have to do the same workarounds for 24 bottles that I do for 28, so that's not a concern for me. BUT, I have had to listen to Warm_beer bitching and moaning about not getting 4*'s celebration ale from the July swap, so I think there is merit in the suggestion...

Considering i prefer to filter, keg then bottle and assuming i get 18L into the keg, thats give me 25 bottles at 700ml give or take a few ml with nothing left to spare.

basically i'll get one tester to ensure shes apples (not acetaldehyde) come swap weekend. Its better than filling up the last 4 bottles with something i 'have on hand'.

I vote for 24, with a reserves list and if enough run 2 i.e as Leigh posted. I guess we can chat til the cows come home but in all fairnesss the decision probably should lie with the host, Chris. As he has already posted up the "rules n regs", he is the one whom needs to modify them if at all.

Limiting it to 24 is sensible from a beer-production perspective.
However, it does also restrict new attendees since we're already at 23 participants, and it's only been 3 day's since Chris posted this thread.
In addition it seems that there are often 2-3 people who drop out at the last moment, so that would reduce the numbers even more.

sorry guys i'll prob sit this one out...first one in a few years i'll be missing just got way to much on and need to concentrate on the bigger fish.

Latest posts

Back