Vic Xmas Case Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to say that my enthusiasm for the swap is dropping... reckon I'm going to attend and bring a keg rather than bottle swap (seems too hard).

I'll brew and bottle something all the same, so if you need someone to make up the magic 28 let me know.

1. Chris - Saison - attending
2. Zebba - tbd - possibly
3. WarmBeer - beer - come hell or high water or $150 taxi fares
4. Supra-Jim - tbd - hopefully attending
5. mxd - tbd -try to- promise to use CPBF to have a level of confidence.
6. Brendo - tbd - would be rude not to given it is 5 mins up the road
7. Maple - RyeBrewedBevy - tbd
8. Fourstar - TBA - Attending
9. Seemax - tba - yes indeed
10. Wolfy (depends on current tasting results/if I'm allowed) - fruit-weizen maybe - too early to say about attending.
11. Cocko - tba - Should be.
12. Beersatan - TBD - TBD
13. sappas - tbd - tbd
14. Don Mateo - tbd - Attending.
15. Holla - TBD - Attending
16. Siborg - TBD - Attending (HELL YEAH!)
17. Leigh
18. Wakkatoo-TBD-Hopefully
19. Haysie, short time frame for a good lager, i`ll do by best, attending? wait n see
20. Kleiny - Something - Maybe
21. Shimple - Beer - Maybe
22. Arthur- Beer number1 or beer number2, wait n see

On the bench:
MeLoveBeer - keg of something - attending

Got to say that my enthusiasm for the swap is dropping... reckon I'm going to attend and bring a keg rather than bottle swap (seems too hard).

I'll brew and bottle something all the same, so if you need someone to make up the magic 28 let me know.

7. Maple - RyeBrewedBevy - tbd
8. Fourstar - TBA - Attending
9. Seemax - tba - yes indeed
10. Wolfy (depends on current tasting results/if I'm allowed) - fruit-weizen maybe - too early to say about attending.
11. Cocko - tba - Should be.
12. Beersatan - TBD - TBD
13. sappas - tbd - tbd
14. Don Mateo - tbd - Attending.
15. Holla - TBD - Attending
16. Siborg - TBD - Attending (HELL YEAH!)
17. Leigh
18. Wakkatoo-TBD-Hopefully
19. Haysie, short time frame for a good lager, i`ll do by best, attending? wait n see
20. Kleiny - Something - Maybe
21. Shimple - Beer - Maybe
22. Arthur- Beer number1 or beer number2, wait n see

On the bench:

Seriously mate, not that hard. I had my doubts before entering in the last one, but I'm sold. And due to the quality of the other swappers' beers, I'm even more keen to brew something awesome for the next one. Not that my xmas in July swap beer was a pushover, according to the comments it was quite good. But for the next one, I know I wanna brew a show stopper and work on it over the coming months. And then, I'll have a house recipe that I can perfect and use some of the recommendations of the other brewers at the swap.

Seriously mate, not that hard. I had my doubts before entering in the last one, but I'm sold. And due to the quality of the other swappers' beers, I'm even more keen to brew something awesome for the next one. Not that my xmas in July swap beer was a pushover, according to the comments it was quite good. But for the next one, I know I wanna brew a show stopper and work on it over the coming months. And then, I'll have a house recipe that I can perfect and use some of the recommendations of the other brewers at the swap.

Yeh I know, but have a fairly new rig and can't be sure that I can knock out a top notch drop. Best to just come along, see how its done and just contribute a keg to the get together.

Yeh I know, but have a fairly new rig and can't be sure that I can knock out a top notch drop. Best to just come along, see how its done and just contribute a keg to the get together.

Brew the best you can, add it to the mix and get some feedback. I know all these discussions seem a little heavy and could easily be a disincentive, but the whole thing in generally a lot more relaxed and friendly than these threads are making out.

Get in, have a go and have some fun!

Cheers SJ

you know what, this thing (as the way the site is going as well) has just got a bit too contentious. I liked the old days. F-it, I'm out. Enjoy fellas, and good luck with it. I retract any comments / suggestions / ideas I may have previously put forth, notwithstanding those which may have been incorporated through reference.

l8r

7. Fourstar - TBA - Attending
8. Seemax - tba - yes indeed
9. Wolfy (depends on current tasting results/if I'm allowed) - fruit-weizen maybe - too early to say about attending.
10. Cocko - tba - Should be.
11. Beersatan - TBD - TBD
12. sappas - tbd - tbd
13. Don Mateo - tbd - Attending.
14. Holla - TBD - Attending
15. Siborg - TBD - Attending (HELL YEAH!)
16. Leigh
17. Wakkatoo-TBD-Hopefully
18. Haysie, short time frame for a good lager, i`ll do by best, attending? wait n see
19. Kleiny - Something - Maybe
20. Shimple - Beer - Maybe
21. Arthur- Beer number1 or beer number2, wait n see

On the bench:

Brew the best you can, add it to the mix and get some feedback. I know all these discussions seem a little heavy and could easily be a disincentive, but the whole thing in generally a lot more relaxed and friendly than these threads are making out.

Get in, have a go and have some fun!

Cheers SJ

+1

I'd only knocked out 2 or 3 brews on my rig before brewing my last swap beer. Don't worry about it, brew your best and if its infected: bad luck, pull out and try again. Saying that, if you have a decent cleaning strategy you shouldn't get infections.

Really it is an awesome day.

That sucks, Maple. Still haven't had one of your rye beers. I know how you feel though.

Sorry to hear that Maple (though i understand where you're coming from), was looking forward to some hoppy rye goodness!

Cheers SJ

Bloody hell ... turn your back for a day or so and look what happens.

No Fents, no Maple, peps dropping out left right and center!

Well seeing how everybody else has piped up here is my 2c worth.

If you want to have a great day. Hang out with a bunch of really good brewers. Try some awesome beers. Maybe learn a thing or two. Then come along to the case swap day regardless of whether you want to participate or not.

Can we please not change the rules for the up coming swap, but make improvements for the next one?

As already pointed out, people are primarily entering for lots of different reasons, if you don't think you are getting anything out of it, don't enter the swap.

For me it is as simple as getting a bunch of beer other than my own to try.

I think setting too many rules, conditions, ways of swapping etc is going to be hard to administrate, will turn of newbies and end up with a much diminished outcome.

Thanks for stepping in a laying down the law Chris! esp. as your the boss/host on this swap!

Cheers SJ

If you want to have a great day. Hang out with a bunch of really good brewers. Try some awesome beers. Maybe learn a thing or two. Then come along to the case swap day regardless of whether you want to participate or not.

I'll be there Chris, just have concerns about reaching participants lofty standards for the swap part of the day.

OT Chris, hows that Rye beer from Sunday shaping up?

9. Wolfy (depends on current tasting results/if I'm allowed) - fruit-weizen maybe - too early to say about attending.
12. sappas - tbd - tbd
16. Leigh
18. Haysie, short time frame for a good lager, i`ll do by best, attending? wait n see
19. Shimple - Beer - Maybe
20. Arthur- Beer number1 or beer number2, wait n see

Thanks for stepping in a laying down the law Chris! esp. as your the boss/host on this swap!

Cheers SJ

No laws here SJ ... just a fan of keeping it simple and having a good time. ... hopefully I have not offended too many yet :)

No laws eh, swap day could get very messy indeed Chris! ;)

Nonetheless it is good to see you push to keep it simple and open to all those willing to attend/participate in the spirit in which these events were intended. Good beer, good people, good fun!

Cheers SJ

I'll be there Chris, just have concerns about reaching participants lofty standards for the swap part of the day.

OT Chris, hows that Rye beer from Sunday shaping up?

MeLoveBeer ... not sure about lofty standards, my last beer appears to have not reached those heights, and I am sure most of us have had ones that where not so good.

Think the point is that you dont opportunistically throw in any old crap that to try and get decent beer back. Given the level of public exposure we all get, I dont see too many doing that.

The rye is sitting in some cubes waiting for Pete to get some yeast in .. hope to get it underway next week.

The brew day went from bad to worse for us ... but that is another story.

You're is so far my fav from last swap Chris. Only 6 or 7 beers in though so early days. Can't kick this damn cold...

MeLoveBeer ... not sure about lofty standards, my last beer appears to have not reached those heights, and I am sure most of us have had ones that where not so good.

Think the point is that you dont opportunistically throw in any old crap that to try and get decent beer back. Given the level of public exposure we all get, I dont see too many doing that.

The rye is sitting in some cubes waiting for Pete to get some yeast in .. hope to get it underway next week.

The brew day went from bad to worse for us ... but that is another story.
Couldn't agree more Chris. Just do it, melovebeer!

12. sappas - tbd - tbd
16. Leigh
19. Shimple - Beer - Maybe
20. Arthur- Beer number1 or beer number2, wait n see
21. MeLoveBeer - Irish Red (I think) - attending

Good to see you back on board, melovebeer. Trust me, brew with care, keep everything sanitised, you'll be fine.

Good to see you back on board, melovebeer. Trust me, brew with care, keep everything sanitised, you'll be fine.

Thanks Siborg. I'm pretty careful and have never had an infected batch (touch wood). Its just caused me to plan for one of my tried and proven recipes rather than having a crack at something a little more ambitious (I'll save the ambitious brews for Melbourne Brewer meetings).

Latest posts

Back