Vic X-mas In July 2009 Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Warmbeer, brew whatever you can. Partials/AG/Kit, whatever...

Sweet, looking forward to my first case swap. Going to be good to put some faces to the (nick)names that pop up on the forum.

Plus, I always enjoy the chance to talk s&^t and drink beer with like-minded blokes.

Oh, BTW, "I reckon it's a pretty drink" should be "I reckon it's a pretty good drink", but hey, it might have been a freudian slip ;)

Oh, BTW, "I reckon it's a pretty drink" should be "I reckon it's a pretty good drink", but hey, it might have been a freudian slip ;)

Looks like we identify WB's swap bottles as the ones with the 2 dollar shop kiddies flower stickers on them! :lol:

I'm making a partial which is almost an extract brew, but i'm looking forward to all the recipes and shared brewing knowledge/bulls*** that i will learn. And it will inspire me onto to greater brewing feats! WOOOHOHOO! "I'm excited"

Okay, it feels like I'm the only extract brewer in the whole case swap at the moment.

Is anybody likely to get pissy over the fact they've handed over a painstakingly crafted AG beer, and only getting a "poverty" extract brew in return?

Hope not, but wanted to come clean with everybody up front. I reckon it's a pretty drink, and look forward to getting feedback on my brews.

So, is anybody else in the swap doing partial/extract/k&b/k&k, or is everybody else on the grain train? I know the original post was welcoming of brewers one-and-all.

I'm doing a k+b brew

Okay, it feels like I'm the only extract brewer in the whole case swap at the moment.

Is anybody likely to get pissy over the fact they've handed over a painstakingly crafted AG beer, and only getting a "poverty" extract brew in return?

Hope not, but wanted to come clean with everybody up front. I reckon it's a pretty drink, and look forward to getting feedback on my brews.

So, is anybody else in the swap doing partial/extract/k&b/k&k, or is everybody else on the grain train? I know the original post was welcoming of brewers one-and-all.

You are definately not alone...mine will be an extract brew too.

All done

One 1072 OG Traditional Bock on its way for the vic swap

This or next weekend will be the brewing to cube of the AIPA. Might do a brew breakdown pictorial of the day if i can be bothered. Hops Hops Hops Hops!

So far the Hop bill is: Simcoe, Amarillo and Chinook... Very tempted to add some cascade in their too!

Cheers!

This or next weekend will be the brewing to cube of the AIPA. Might do a brew breakdown pictorial of the day if i can be bothered. Hops Hops Hops Hops!

So far the Hop bill is: Simcoe, Amarillo and Chinook... Very tempted to add some cascade in their too!

Cheers!

Love the simcoe, amarillo, cascade combo.

looking forward to tasteing this one

Californian Common in primary now, chugging along nicely.

Finally put my US Northern Brewer to good use. Recipe loosely based on the one in "Brewing Classic Styles".
Hit all my targets, and pitched a nice big starter, so hopefully should be a good one. Just hope that 23Ltrs doesn't cause it to crawl out of the fermenter.

Mmmmmm... malty, minty and woody :icon_drunk:

Mmmmmm... malty, minty and woody

Sounds really good Hutch. Ive wanted to-do a cal common since i started brewing. It was the whole reason i purchased a Cal Lager smackpack. Turns out i ended up using it for a CAP. i might have to crack out a slant and get it on the stirplate. Unfortunately it will be on a little waiting list as i need to culture up some 1056 for a cream ale, then repitch the slurry for the Caseswap AIPA. only 6 1/2 weekends away. It might be best for me to crank out the AIPA this weekend then! :icon_drool2:

I'm thinking of channeling 65bellett with a version of his Squirrelfoot Bitter for this case swap. Love the EKG.
benny
I channeled 65b a few months ago and made the SFB. I must have had some bad reception as I managed to put a heap of dark malt in there instaed of dry light malt. came out nothing like SFB and more like an english bitter. still a nice ber though.

anyways. a nice light bitter would be ace benny

Sounds really good Hutch. Ive wanted to-do a cal common since i started brewing. It was the whole reason i purchased a Cal Lager smackpack. Turns out i ended up using it for a CAP. i might have to crack out a slant and get it on the stirplate. Unfortunately it will be on a little waiting list as i need to culture up some 1056 for a cream ale, then repitch the slurry for the Caseswap AIPA. only 6 1/2 weekends away. It might be best for me to crank out the AIPA this weekend then! :icon_drool2:
I made it once before - 2 years ago - using German NB, which is apparently a different kettle of fish (not bad, just different).
Looking forward to how this one turns out, and getting to taste this unique style.

Just got the wort in the primary now, will pitch the proofed S23 in the morning...cutting it fine, but should get 3 week ferment, 3 week lager and 1/2 week in bottles...

If this is not ready, I have a pale in the secondary and an amber in primary, so will have something ready!

i've gelatined my ale today, the bloody thing has only gotten to 1018 FG from 1048 OG, it tastes alright but i have no idea why it's not fully fermented out, i used every trick in the book to get it further but no chance. anyway i'll see if it improves over the next few days, if not i'll just use the amber ale i've got going for the case swap.

...Just hope that 23Ltrs doesn't cause it to crawl out of the fermenter.

:eek:

Spoke too soon...

IMG_5239_resize.JPG

Better go and clean that up.

Got my Mild in the fermenter, but think I was a little generous with the spec. grains and weighing out my LME. Was shooting for an OG of 1040, but ended up with 1052.

Looking at a 5.5% abv "Mild", so will dub it "Mild with a touch of Wild". I'm sure nobody will complain about the extra alcohol ;)

cutting it fine, but should get 3 week ferment, 3 week lager and 1/2 week in bottles...

In the same boat with my Bock but its firing up with the yeast cake from my Oktoberfest made a few weeks earlier, so its off to a good start.

Back