Vic Release - Southern Courage RIS

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a solid lineup of strong dark beers at Carwyn yesterday: Bandicoot Southern Courage, Boatrocker Ramjet 2017, Hawker's RIS, and Le Trois Mousquetsires Baltic Porter, as well as a Hawker's BA Barley Wine. The Southern Courage easily held its head proudly amongst this esteemed company. All great beers, all in the same league IMHO. Well done!

From the sounds of things, yob/bandicoot brew may not have been the only entity holding its head.

I assure you, good sir, that I was on my best behavior and almost, but not quite, *sober as the proverbial judge...

*may or may not be true

I'll publish the google maps tmoz with the stockists thus far.

Melbourne is well covered with more following next week I expect.

Crime of the Week.

Couriers smashed a sample going to SA.. a VERY well packed sample.. ok, send new one... lost it -_- (still not found)

Win of the week.

My boss has his office in SA and knows the joint so I sent one back with him to hand deliver, which he did today, even sent me the photo of a very happy looking dude behind the jump. Turn ya boss into a courier? total win :lol:

Looks like all going well, chance of sales point in SA ( reason for sample?). Does the courier drink?

Decided to put my two precious'es under the house for a while. Will report back when I taste test. That fucken sucks about the courier mate. What happens there? Can't replace your beers obviously

I plan to keep one for a while. Do I keep it in the fridge or doesn't it matter?

nosco said:
I plan to keep one for a while. Do I keep it in the fridge or doesn't it matter?
not putting mine in the fridge if that helps?

It's been my experience that big BA beers just have the ability to buffer fluctuations in temp.. cooler the better of course,

if you think about it, the beers been doing that the whole time... the barrels are rarely temp controlled so go through many variables before they are even packaged..

mine will be going in the deepest corner of the property though ;)

Got one! Didn't make the release but soo glad I didn't miss out. Ended up having a beer and wine with SWMBO and leaving with a small box of beers while I was there. Dangerous place Carwyn Cellars... they still had quite a few too for others looking/wondering [emoji3]

so here is a map of current stockists, still more in line to be added

NSW will be dropped next week when we go to the Bitter Phew launch... except Oak Barrel who have them now

Googlezmapz

Yob said:
Phil is on board already. Just trying to work out shipping,
Picked up a bottle at Bowen Hills today, now to decide whether to age it or just get stuck in...

Latest posts

Back