NSW and QLD Release - Southern Courage

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok back to the release... We are locked in with loads of goodies...

We will be getting it on at the Bitter Phew on the 25 March with the following Mexican line-up

Southern Courage - Bandincoot / HDA
Nightmare BIPA - Bandincoot
Insomniac Porter - Bandincoot
Stars and stripes American amber - Bandincoot
Aftermath DIPA - kaiju
Mr mestofalees funky fruit wheat - moon Dog (I may have spelled that wrong)
Miss pinky - Boatrocker
Little India session IPA - the public brewery

Er.. Have I forgotten anything? Probably..

Put the date in your calendar, I'm going to come along in my kilt as I'm missing the Highland Games to do this... So I should be fairly easy to spot.

Thanks to the Bitter Phew for being super supportive and offering up their joint to us.

Anywhere I can order a carton or six pack? Online or Brisbane.

So Yob, this arrived today... ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1491480815.971956.jpg

Having never had the pleasure of a RIS, is there any glassware to enhance the experience? And what would be the Best temp to drink it at?

Chap said:
So Yob, this arrived today...
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1491480815.971956.jpg

Having never had the pleasure of a RIS, is there any glassware to enhance the experience? And what would be the Best temp to drink it at?
your first RIS? gosh :blush:

Miss out on the rogue Stout glasses? do you have a tulip glass?

open about 15 minutes after taking out of the fridge and enjoy the ride from there up to about 8-12 degrees.

Really hope you enjoy.. makes me want to open one too but I dont have any cold... seems odd <_<

manticle said:
Will it help if you send me a few details and I can chat to them about it?
best power anyone has is people asking for it.. makes a follow up phone call so much easier..

Usually ends up in sending a sample, so if I send you two I can kill 2 birds with one shot?

I can definitely take a sample into them. Send me all the contact details for them to get in touch. The Lark connection should be a selling point I reckon.

Apologies nsw and qld for the hijack.

So, cracked the bottle tonight

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1491821275.588085.jpg

Wow, this is a HUGE beer. The taste is a rich chocolate, coffee and cherry flavour, almost like a good port but better. So smooth. Definitely a winter warmer. Definitely a sip and savour (Its taken me 2 hours to finish the bottle). Will buy again if there's any more available. Thanks Yob, keep up the good work!

Edit: spelling

Picked up a bottle this week from OB, looking forward to cracking it tonight. I really want to open it now but I'm halfway through a brew day so that may not be a good idea!

Stay tuned for review!

Back