NSW and QLD Release - Southern Courage

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score

So this is getting very real, very fast...

We have a date for the Victorian Release at Carwyn Cellars.

Sunday 19 February 2017

also with a confirmed Hawkers Barlywine on tap that day as well and may well also be head to head against Ramjet.... promises to be an interesting day.

Ive just shot off some info to try and tee up the Scratch bar for an event in Feb-March for the QLD release... love that joint...

we also want to put a keg in NSW but I dunno the best digs up that way, any advice on who best to contact?

I sent something to the POW in Newy and also the Grain Store in Newy but Im not sure either of those is right for the task...

thoughts?

any recommendations for inner Sydney venue or would Newcastle be a better location?

Newy seems to be a 3hr PT trip out of Sydney propper, seems like a big distance to go for a beer no matter what it is...

Being a novocastrian I'd have to say Newcastle we have a thriving craft beer scene and the Grainstore would be my pick. Corey has been an avid supporter of the industry and small producers started pushing it 15yrs ago when no one was interested.
And I'd also love to try a RIS of yours Yob.
Edit:The Prince has a great bottle shop though the bar and it's variety aren't the best imo.

If it goes on tap in Newy, I'll be there for sure
(as long as it's a Friday or Saturday night...)

What exactly are you looking for? a bottle shop or bar?

I only really know the coast (between Newie and Syd), and there is a great new cellars that opened up a year or so ago in Gosford.
https://craftypint.com/bottleshop/424/Oldfield-Cellars

Not sure if its what you are looking for tho. let me know if you want more info.

No affil etc, the place makes me broke not rich.

We're gunna have only 3 kegs with the rest being bottled, it's been ny plan to put one on in Nsw, one in QLD and have one here,

I've sorted the Vic one but still need a venue in the others for a release party event.

Plan is to attend each and drop cases at selected bottle shops on the way.. I've a few lined up in Nsw currently bit none are suitable for the release.

Fair enough. (would be great to get some samples in Gosford tho ;))
I gather you have looked at the Beer Cartel?

courage aus..jpg

Let us know if Scratch is a go, will definitely check it out

Ok.. NSW is locked in..

The Bitter Phew will be hosting the NSW release, probably last weekend in March.

Along with the release of Southern Courage, there will likely be a few other taps pouring Bandicoot range, TBC exactly which ones yet, but tasty is a given.

I'm still working on some other BA's to add and should expand to about 6 or 8 taps of crazy arse shit to chuck in ya face...

I'm so pumped after the Vic release and can't thank the Bitter Phew enough for not only offering to host the release but offering taps to bandicoot as well..

Exact date TBC but likely the last Saturday of March.

Looking forward to putting faces to names up there...

Chug

Hi mate, hopefully he has lined up Bowen Phil. I visited there on the weekend and picked up a couple of beauties. When SC lands I hope there will be a few available.

time01 said:
Hoe about qld yob?
They were shipped yesterday to Phil, should have them tmoz I hope.

Phil has been waiting a LONG time for these to land.. he has been an avid follower of the journey :beer:

Latest posts

Back