Vic Release - Southern Courage RIS

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reedy said:
Picked up a bottle at Bowen Hills today, now to decide whether to age it or just get stuck in...
Both... Oh wait.

It's going to deliver different things on both, for my advice, sit on it.. It's a blast now and intense but with a few months (I'm opening my next one at xmas) it will have done some worthwhile things..

Bloke I work with intended to have one in 6 months, didn't make 6 weeks but thoroughly enjoyed it...

In 6 months, we'll have release II ;)

stuartf said:
Beer cartel, would normally try to get it from a shop but couldn't find anyone on the peninsula stocking it.
ask at Grape and Grain if you get in there.. been trying to get hold of them since xmas.. the most powerful tool I have for stockists is people asking for them.. been trying for about that long for Hop Heads too, all it took was a few people asking and they rang Bandicoot... now stocked ;)

Very grateful to Beer Cartel for coming on board too, as I am for all the stockists that do, just signed up the Audacious Monk in Preston today too.. Props..

Still working on the EPIC effort of lost and smashed bottles to the SA crew too... seriously.. no idea of the pain and effort to go to SA... if I have to hand deliver it myself it will get there :ph34r:

I noticed today that the oak barrell in Sydney has it in stock.

I went looking for Southern Courage at a 'Blackhearts & Sparrows' the other day. They don't have it in stock as yet, the dude at the counter said he would get in touch with the manager and see what the go is.
No outlets near my usual routes so I'll "schedule some work" in near one of the other stockists if I have to, keen to get hold of a bottle or two as it's coming into Coonara season.

Just picked up a bottle from McCoppins, seriously considering knocking off early in readiness for RIS appreciation night.

These bad boys arrived today, looking forward to winter and a bit of a stoutfest

1489751844532.jpg

I popped one today, to be fair, weirdly, Ive not had many of them... and all the ones Ive had previously (3 of) Ive shared with people...

but this one I popped by myself :kooi: , the FIL was sposed to be here but didnt make it... I pushed on..

It was quite the transforming beer over the course of the bottle, 175ml at a time, while I played with the kids, so it got the chance to warm.. didnt at all mind the journey

staring at another cold bottle right this very minute wondering if I have it in me to undertake it again..

but I have had imperial ciders, insomniac porters and several fuzzy nuts (Mardoo DJ Collab) now in between so may not be a good move.. :party:

Just cracked my first bottle if this, I've read the descriptions of it pouring like sump oil but omg (as the kids say) this stuff is thick! Taking a while to get through the glass but sitting in front of a nice fire and enjoying the journey!
Cheers

So we got a bronze for this at AIBA, pretty pleased as a first off the block release... Got some more refinement to do recipe wise so looking forward to next year's vertical ;)

Well done, it's a beer to be proud of. I'll be picking up another couple of bottles for 'Stout Appreciation' night next time my Stout loving fifo mate gets back.

Congrats Jesse!
Great to get a little "official" recognition for a fantastic beer that took so long to get to the glass [emoji4]

Definitely looking forward to the RIS keg at the swap in July [emoji6]

I'm a tightarse home Brewer, carn how bout a clone recipe Yob?

Back