Vic Release - Southern Courage RIS

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zorco said:
Every detail...

The red wax on the black, semi opaque.... Totally impressive Yob. Camo6's bottles under flash still darken the spirit of Gabriel.
I dont mind telling you, we got half way waxing the whole batch by 5:30 am when I hit the wall.. and every bottle I waxed brought a smile to my face... it was actually quite mesmerizing and therapeutic..

after 3 hours sleep.. the last half, also gave me joy.. but marginally less..

I can only hope the wax came off the floor of the brewery.. sorry about that mmmyummybeer n Bruce :blush:

I know it didnt come off my shorts, sandles, shirt..

tip for new to waxing players... condensation and boiling wax dont mix well :icon_drunk:

So no luck with Newcastle Yob? Would've loved to have had one at the Grain Store.

Shall commence reading thread to work out how to acquire one - if possible.

Brownsworthy said:
So no luck with Newcastle Yob? Would've loved to have had one at the Grain Store.
We are doing a NSW launch at the Bitter Phew.. if ive not contacted the grain store yet its only because Im trying to juggle 2 kids, day job and the current launch, Im certain they are on my list mate..

I'll be following up next week as soon as I sober up from this weekend..

how much do jobs suck at getting in the way of beer?

Thoughts on Malt Traders? They did a 'darkness' session where heaps of brewers showcased the black. I bought a bourbon barrel aged RIS for $90 at that event.

Whenever Brisbane gets a depot, I'll happily add my name to the reservations list to see if I'm lucky enough.

Very pleased to support you on this Yob.

Edit: fakts

preesh man.. :beerbang:

dont think that name is on the radar.. will investigate.. that said..

Bowen Phil will receive stock next week.. that dude has been on m e for months.. bless him..

finer details got worked out tonight.. consider it a given

Not a worry mate, bit far for me to go for the launch unfortunately, I know Corey, the owner, lives up the road and drinks at the local I'll drop some hints to him so when it may come up he'll already know and be onto it.

Brownsworthy said:
Not a worry mate, bit far for me to go for the launch unfortunately, I know Corey, the owner, lives up the road and drinks at the local I'll drop some hints to him so when it may come up he'll already know and be onto it.
he has been fuckin amazing about it... many props to the dude

Sweet glad to hear, he's been a massive ambassador for the small producers of Australia long before anyone gave a fark. Top bloke.

Camo6 said:
MB, one of these has your name on it, if or when you can pick it up. I'll tuck em aside for now.
I believe that first letter may be upside-down?

Yob said:
will be dropping some tmoz mate.. that said, I have to say..

get your arse to Carwyn's for the tapped keg!

(Sunday)
Sweet! I'll call in to Nillumbik this arvo after work and spends some of my OT money [emoji16]

Yay visiting Nillumbik cellars this aftternoon!

Yo yo, clansman!
When are you cracking the egg at Carwyn? 12pm-ish?
Looking forward to catching up and smashing th' faaaaaark outa tha keg, ya wee jobbie!

Edit: are Bruce & Trace gonna be there as well?

technobabble66 said:
Yo yo, clansman!
When are you cracking the egg at Carwyn? 12pm-ish?
Looking forward to catching up and smashing th' faaaaaark outa tha keg, ya wee jobbie!

Edit: are Bruce & Trace gonna be there as well?
Yep,, the whole team is here..

we plan on strolling in about 1pm but I believe that they will start pouring about 12

Happy days just picked up a bottle from Nillumbik cellars. I have no affiliation with this place at all but bailed up the owner (who is a ripping bloke) and asked about shipping as they ship wine all over the world and have really concentrated on wine on their website and the beer side of it hasn't been updated for a long time. http://www.nillumbikcellars.com.au. Anyhow he then told me that there is an effort to change that here www.beerexchange.com.au and that that hasn't launched yet but if you email the guy who is organizing it he can sort shipping it where ever you like.
Bad news he wont be in until lunch time Monday and they only have ten bottles left.
So if you are keen for some email [email protected] and see how you go. If you get no joy there let me know and I'll get in touch with the owner again.

Great catchup with Jesse, Trace & Bruce earlier today at Carwyn. Pity I couldn't hang out for longer but life interrupts. Also great to catchup with a few of the other Vic Brewers!
Perfect excuse to have another taste of the barrel aged RIS!
Fantastic beer, Yob. Really impressive. Such a different experience to any regular ale: the depth of flavour is something to slowly sip and savour [emoji41]

I'm very curious to see the impact it has in the local craft beer scene. Hopefully it's a dramatic one that justifiably puts you and Bandicoot fair n square on the radar. [emoji6]

Southern Courage RIS for beer of the year!

It was an honour, and not just a little terrifying, to be served up next to Ramjet.. It's a different kind of nerves to release this and have my name on it. Just like any proud new father though, I loved seeing it come into the world and see it stand up for itself.

Was a sell-out in bottles but not sure how the keg fared overall on the day, sadly I couldn't hang around all day and we took off about 6 to get the other children sorted.

Overall, I'm pretty bloody chuffed and thanks to all for coming out to see the birth and supporting Bandicoot's release.

Further samples being dropped /shipped this week and current stockists are

Nillumbik
A point of difference
Carwyn's (sold out, restocking this week)
Grain and grape (stocking this week)
Oak Barrel (stocking this week)

Samples Sent/sending

Purvis
Slowbeer
Mccoppins
Blackhearts and sparrows
East End Cellars (SA)

And others, will post a link to a google maps page that lists all current stockists.

Slainte

Blackhearts & Sparrows, been there a few times recently. I'll be sure to call in this week for a bottle or two.
Cheers & congratulations.

Latest posts

Back