Vic Release - Southern Courage RIS

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yob

Hop to it
Reaction score
So here is the finished article.. so much time and effort to get to here... Many props go to Tracey and Bruce for their belief in the project

For FB'ers, there is a link >>HERE<<

for others not on that format, here is the gist of it...

"The unleashing of the Beast, almost 2 years in the planning, 6 months in the Barrel, and now its coming to the world.
Brewed at Bandicoot Brewery in Echuca and aged in American oak, Ex Port, Lark Whisky barrels for the last 6 months.

The good folks at >>Carwyn Cellars<< are hosting the Victorian release event and tapping one of only 3 kegs, and the only one for Victoria from this batch on Sunday 19th Feb, mid-day till stumps or we blow the keg.

We will also be having a couple of other surprise taps of equally epic beers, with Boatrocker and Hawkers coming to the party (see below), hold onto your socks, this ride is gunna get wild. Stay tuned for updates and further advertising from Carwyn's team.

Slainte and see you all there"

also

"Could be worth the mention that we have confirmed the BA list (not limited to)

Bandicoot - RIS
Hawkers - Barleywine
Boatrocker - (unreleased) Ramjet

So we will be having 2 as yet, unreleased Barrel aged RIS's... we love barrels!!!"

Excellent stuff Yob, will be a great day.......... I'm sure. Shipping seems reasonable, price for a slab after release?

I dunno tbh grott, I know only what we have passed it onto the retailers for, I would assume $30 to $35 a bottle which seems on price point for these sorts of beers.

Where did you pick up shipping info?

ah, makes sense.. whatever he said then :lol:

Im also putting together a google maps page with all the stockists to make life easier as well, I'll probably publish that after the event has run though so unless you are quite tricky and know my movements, or are good at guesswork, first tastings will be at Carwyn's B) (keg and bottles)

It 'may' yet become available at Lark cellar door on Davey Street.. If I'm honest, I havnt done much calling to yes as yet, need to get shipping concerns in line before it can cross the river.. Certainly high on my to do list though but will probably be next week before I can address it.

Well done mate! Bruce and Tracey and your fine self have busted your butts to bring this to life. I'm surprised y'all can still sit down. It looks awesome. Can't wait for the launch.

Nillumbik cellars!!! Get some to Nillumbik Cellars!!! Please.

Anywhere Eastside I'll be able to grab one Yob?

Another run to Sydney and back I'm going to have to miss the release! :angry:

Might have to get on to you when I get back so I can find out where to grab a bottle.

Did you nail down a NSW venue for the release yet Yob?

Congrats to the trio! Big beer, bigger effort no doubt

malt junkie said:
Another run to Sydney and back I'm going to have to miss the release! :angry:

Might have to get on to you when I get back so I can find out where to grab a bottle.

Did you nail down a NSW venue for the release yet Yob?
The joint I was in talks with pulled out, I'll start again after the release when I have a bit more time.. Not got a moment to scratch currently ;)

Latest posts

Back