Vic Release - Southern Courage RIS

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Benn said:
I'm a tightarse home Brewer, carn how bout a clone recipe Yob?
There is no such thing as cheap RIS unfortunately, lots of malt, lots of yeast, lots of time, lots of love.

So oak chips & Scrub Turkey essence won't get me there? Damn!

Haha, I'm quite content with the real thing mate, looking forward to another pint or two in front of the Fire. The first bottle I had was a new experience, thanks for creating it

Top notch work Jesse (and Bandicoot)! Do you know if Carwyn will restock as they were out when I sent my mate in to get his [emoji3]

Yob said:
So we got a bronze for this at AIBA, pretty pleased as a first off the block release... Got some more refinement to do recipe wise so looking forward to next year's vertical ;)
Hellity hell yes!!!! Fuckity ******* fantastic. Real proud of you guys. I'm aware of exactly what a hard slog this beer was to make and get to market. It takes passion to draw upon that well of dedication to do the 24+ hour brew days, not to mention digging solutions to problems out of the murk of your brain at hour 18. You guys ******* rock. "Do you even iterate, brah?"

grott said:
Any sales outlets in SA yet Yob?
No mate, best thing you can do is ask for it your outlet, ask them to get it in, most powerful marketing tool ever is you guys asking for it..

I've sent 3 bottles to the one joint, first one fot smashed, second got lost and the third was hand delivered and I never heard another word or had a return phone call.. SA left me jaded and upset.

But please talk it up and ask them to get it in.. There are limited cases left (3 or 4 in my cellar) but I'm happy to get one over there ;)

Yob said:
So we got a bronze for this at AIBA, pretty pleased as a first off the block release...
Congrat's on the Gong, guys!

Got some more refinement to do recipe wise so looking forward to next year's vertical ;)

I assume you mean to:

1. Re-evaluate the benefits & pitfalls of #1,
2. Schedule a re-think of the brew-day
3. Calculate the changes to the recipe
4. Establish the fermentation & transfer regime
5. Maturation & bottling schedule
6. Marketing

ALL in about 60 seconds of Free-Fall????

Yeah, OK. I reckon it's possible...

Why not? Open the gates of the non-linear mind a bit?

I actually used to use an Einstein technique to come up with solutions to coding problems. Take a nap on the couch with one hand holding a few marbles above a plate on the floor. You fall asleep enough to relax, hand opens, marbles hit the plate, solution in brain. Write quickly.

Probably not so good for a brew day ;)

Mardoo said:
Why not? Open the gates of the non-linear mind a bit?
I actually used to use an Einstein technique to come up with solutions to coding problems. Take a nap on the couch with one hand holding a few marbles above a plate on the floor. You fall asleep enough to relax, hand opens, marbles hit the plate, solution in brain. Write quickly.
Probably not so good for a brew day ;)
Dali used to look at a wasp's abdomen

Latest posts

Back