Vic 2016 Xmas in July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a chat with Heath (Curly79) & we're going to mosie-on-up to be there when we get there on Saturday morning with the bulk malt.

Judging by previous experiences, the Friday night attendees will still be pissed/hungover from the night before, so it's not a critical ETA..

Paul just dropped some stuff off and let me know I stuffed up my directions I'm first on the LEFT.I've edited the PM to suit.

The guy across the road was going to have the best weekend ever! But I've ruined it for him ha ha

MartinOC said:
Just had a chat with Heath (Curly79) & we're going to mosie-on-up to be there when we get there on Saturday morning with the bulk malt.

Judging by previous experiences, the Friday night attendees will still be pissed/hungover from the night before, so it's not a critical ETA..
Friday's usually setup and milling..

Ill just Park that there...

and not an insubstantial amount of imbibe... Granted

Yeah, but neither of us will be in a position to rock-up on Friday.

We'll be there early-ish on Saturday (perhaps 8.30-9.00), all bright-eyed & bushy-tailed (not like the bunch of dipsomanic despots that are left-over there from Friday night).

Have everything ready to go gents....

Bar is ready.
tmp_13123-20160707_193828-1077199681.jpg

Pork in the smoker also doing some bacon and a ham seeing that it's fired up.
A couple of hours on the smoke and then into the oven low and slow over night.
tmp_13123-20160707_2004391579862978.jpg

Yob said:
Oh good, someone needs to make nonsense of it all...
fixed
500L of boiling liquid, 100 odd kg of malt some hops what could go wrong??

TheWiggman said:
One of the kegs in my fridge has a leak on the gas post, so I can't disconnect it for long periods. So our options are:
  • Bring the keg of pale, clear, must-be-drunk-below-freezing Aussie lager and my CO2 bottle
  • Bring my Yorkshire bitter (to be kegged this weekend) and someone else is kind enough to charge my keg
Any Carlton Draught fans out there rooting for option 1? Come on, it'll be a nice change from all the hops...
Late to reply I know, but very keen to try your Aussie lager and chat through your recipe/method.

Getting excited chaps. Planning to get there mid-morning on Saturday. No kegs, but a broad selection of bottles are ready to go. Mostly dark stuff + some funky and sour brews.

whiteferret said:

Pork in the smoker also doing some bacon and a ham seeing that it's fired up.
A couple of hours on the smoke and then into the oven low and slow over night.
Aawwwwww faaaark yeah.
Slow cooked smoked pork. [emoji203]
Stand back, bitches. I'm gonna need some elbow room [emoji486]

As much as I hoped I would have my swaps ready to send along - it just hasnt eventuated.

SO I'm deleting me off the swappers list - sorry boys.

Attendees (Swappers)
1. whiteferret - Oatmeal Stout Bottled 30/6/16
3. technobabble66 - Ol' Dirty *******. (Old Peculier clone, (= Old Ale), ready to drink ~1/8/16, better if left to ~1/10/16)

4. AJ80 - oatmeal stout (ready to drink)
5. Grainer - Spare Parts Stout on Bourbon - Priming sugar added on 10th June.. give it at least a month before opening
7. DJ_L3THAL - Teninch Dampfbier (recipe courtesy of Les the Weizguy, minor hops tweak to what was in freezer) - Bottled 13/6, ready to drink once you have it. Fresh is best for this I believe. ABV 5.6%.
8. Mofox1 - ICBM (Inter Continental Bloody Muther) freakin' Stout. (Ready to drink? nah, give this baby some time. August/September)
9. VP Brewing - Black IPA (102.75 in the MM specialty IPA comp. Bottled ages ago so hops have dropped off a bit so drink ASAP!)
10. Grainer - Viennella Saison - Ready to drink
11. Reardo - My take on a Mountain Goat Summer Ale
12. heyhey
13. Masters Brewery-Belgian Double
15. Micbrew - 2 n from special bitter
16. JB - AIPA
18. Curly79. Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
19. Midnight Brew (non attending) - Dry Irish Stout - going to carb this low, pump with syringe
20. mmmyummybeer
21. thearn
22. TheWiggman - Patersbier
24. Kunfaced - Black Brett Bitters (100% Brett ferment) probably give it some time to age

Swap Reserves

Attendees (Non-Swappers)
1. H. Beaton (reardos & VP's mate)
2. droid
3. Nullnvoid

Cubists
1. whiteferret
2. Idzy
3. technobabble66
4. AJ80
6. DJ_L3THAL
7. Mofox1
8. VP Brewing
10. Reardo
11. Masters Brewery
12. MartinOC
13. Micbrew
14. JB
15. Yob
16. Curly79
17. mmmyummybeer
18. thearn
19. GrumpyPaul
20. Kunfaced
21. H. Beaton (A mate of VP's and mine)
22. droid

Reserve Cubists:

Bringing a 19ltr keg for the festivities:
1. droid
2. DJ_L3ThAL - Either a U-Flecku, or Rogers clone, or both.
3: Yob: 2.5 of them I expect... Something Palish, something Tanish (barrel) something Blackish (barrel)
4. Reardo - Amarillo/Pac Jade Pale
5. Both an APA and a Stout
[/quote]

Cheers!

Well it looks like I'll be giving this one a miss unfortunately. Things are not ideal at home and I cannot afford to be away at this time and have been asked to stick around.

So hope you all have a crazy arse time and take lots of pictures so we can join in from a far.

See you all at the Christmas swap.

As I'll be home, might try to lay down my own beer I think, or start a cube from the previous swap :)

No joy. We will have a beer for you mate. Catch up next time[emoji106][emoji481]

Rus, Paul and Mahdu,

Don't worry lads, it's gunna be shit and not fun at all.. You aren't missing much.

I'll still drag myself up there and take a few photo's of the misery though.. Take one fir the team like..

Nullnvoid said:
Well it looks like I'll be giving this one a miss unfortunately.
Russ you'll be sorely missed mate, but you've gotta look after your family first - which then gives you browny points to spend on beer activities. Cheers

JB said:
Russ you'll be sorely missed mate, but you've gotta look after your family first - which then gives you browny points to spend on beer activities. Cheers
Yeah, there are worst places I could be, so that makes it easier. Family always comes first!

Yob said:
Rus, Paul and Mahdu,

Don't worry lads, it's gunna be shit and not fun at all.. You aren't missing much.

I'll still drag myself up there and take a few photo's of the misery though.. Take one fir the team like..
Ohh you are a good man, a true hero :)

Latest posts

Back