Vic 2015 Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it gunna be a ripper weekend. Enjoy Lads. More photos please. [emoji106]

Is that the arse-end of an OHS-Rep I spy hanging-out of a confined space without BA or recovery equipment???

BTW, fellas, I'll be there at sparrows-fart & with the grains & will cook the BBQ breakfast to assuage your ensuing hangovers....

I'm still in travel/moving mode so I've had to skip this..... would an easter swap be on the cards??

Car is all packed and ready to go for an early departure.

1. Idzy - Weizenbock - Ready March 2016 8.8% ABV
2. VPBrewing - Kölsch. Bottled 25-10-15.
3. MartinOC - Whilst we're all getting apologetic, slightly undercarbed Weizen. Drink in a few weeks
4. JB - Belgian golden strong. Bottled 2/12/2015
5. Micbrew - Irish Red Ale
6. Mayor of Mildura - Stouty Stout - Bottled 20-9-15
7. Black n Tan-Dusseldorf Altbier-CPBF 3/11, should be ready to drink by the time you drive past Seymour.
10. AJ80 (Portlander Weiße - west coast IPA vs Berliner Weisse) - ready, best drink soon.
11. Midnight Brew (+ Bruce the old man) Amber Ale bottled 27.11.2015.
12. Grainer -Popcorn and Polenta Cream Ale - Friken weird.... Ready to drink
14. Mudd - Rauchbier- 100% Gladfield Manuka Smoked Malt
15. Awesome Fury - APA Bottled 21-11-2015
17. Whiteferret Red IPA Bottled 1-12-2015
22. Mardoo - 1954 Pale Ale - Centennial/Southern Cross - Drink New Yearsish
23. DJ_L3ThAL - Chestnut Pilsner v4 - Pre-lagered, drink now. Sorry but carb caps meant some spillage so bottles are missing ~30mL which ended up on the floor when it foamed during removal of carb cap to replace with regular cap :-(
24. Host Spot

MastersBrewery said:
I'm still in travel/moving mode so I've had to skip this..... would an easter swap be on the cards??
Mate wish you were here. It'd be salve for your hard work. We usually do Xmas in July and Xmas at Xmas.

Yob: "Do you even cube, bro?"

1449284400555.jpg

Looks like 46 20l cubes all up, maybe 48. We kinda lost track and some have already left :) Awesome. Thanks to Tracey and Bruce of Bandicoot Brewing! And for the tank samples too. One. Feckin'. Memorable. Swap. Well done lads. Now to polish off those 6 or so kegs of Homebrew :D

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1449298942.522598.jpg

And Adam is making a little video of the brewing from the footage he took, so there'll be more footage coming.

Massive thanks to Tracey and Bruce for hosting - a truely excellent experience and great to chat the ear off of people who've taken the plunge and gone pro. Big ups to Black and Tan for the recipe and brewing it up. Very cool to see a commercial system up close. Finally, thanks to everyone who turned up. Sampled some great brews again today. Am a bit disappointed to have hit the road early, but am looking forward to repeating again in six months.

The bar has been set to a new high.

Thanks Tracey and Bruce SO MUCH for the amazing hospitality, generosity and good laughs! Had an absolute ball and wish the Bandicoot Brewery a prosperous future. I'll definitely be flying the flag t-shirt with the logo as often as I can!!!

Thanks also to all the good fellas who organised, supplied, came, drank and laughed, Cheers! :beer:

Have to echo DJ's sentiments. Just a fantastic weekend from the food and company through to the brewing experience. Thanks so much Tracey and Bruce for taking a risk and letting us play with your shiny brewery and for being so friendly. Look forward to seeing some Bandicoot brews at the local in the near future. We cubed 900L of 1.056 wort (everyone walked away with 2 or 3 cubes), not a bad effort. Thanks to Jesse for the hops and Martin for organising and transporting the 225kg of grain and of course milking the stag of semen. Thanks to the brewers for an absolutely crackin weekend. It is going to hard for it get an better than this.

I used Wyeast 2124 (Bohemian Lager) in my 'Do U Fleku?'clone. If you want a little more body and sweetness you could try Wyeast 2278 (Czech Pilsner). Happy brewing.

A brilliant weekend! All hands-on, it went-off smooth as baby-poo (which can be expected when you're dealing with a commercial system :) ). The cubing was a veritable production-line by the guys that were still sober.

I'll echo the BIG thanks to Tracey & Bruce for letting us run-amok in your brewery. Your enthusiasm & hospitality were exceptional. I reckon everybody learned something this weekend.

Next time, someone else can milk the Stag. Bloody thing wouldn't stop wriggling-around, baying & howling, but I did see it laying-back later on smoking a cigarette with a blissful look on it's face.... :ph34r:

Now let's see the photo's!!!

1.jpg

Sensational Hosts :wub:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Barrel Ris was pretty brutal... should not have had that last glass full at 4 am...

9.jpg

10.jpg

Hoverboard was ammusing

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

where all the cool kids hung out

15.jpg

One in every crowd...

16.jpg

Chillaxing was effing great