Vic 2015 Xmas Case Swap - Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MartinOC said:
Yob, can you find out how many shirts they've got & whether they're OK with us doing this first? Take it from there. I'll find out if we can get the extra printing done in the available time....and costs.
Spoke to Bruce last night, theyre cool with it all, I dunno how much space is on them though

I can work-out the "space" for extra printing (already thought about it), 'just need available numbers of shirts & sizes so we can coordinate with the printing bloke.

Do you want me to talk to Bruce/Tracey directly before making any advance to the local printer?

Just had a QC sample of the 'Do U Fleku' clone. Taste pretty good, the roast is pretty mld and will dissipate further with lagering. Colour seems pretty good, black (almost) with some ruby highlights. Recipe has been finalised (rounded to half/full sacks), just waiting to here from Yob regarding ordering of the ingredients.

Recipe: Do U Fleku? (920L)
Brewer: grant
Asst Brewer:
Style: Munich Dunkel
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (30.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------

Batch Size (fermenter): 920.00 l
Estimated OG: 1.053 SG
Estimated Color: 56.2 EBC
Estimated IBU: 29.9 IBUs
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00 %
Boil Time: 120 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amt Name Type # %/IBU

200.00 g Calcium Chloride (Mash 60.0 mins) Water Agent 2 -
100.00 kg Pilsner (Weyermann) (3.3 EBC) Grain 3 44.4 %
62.50 kg Munich I (Weyermann) (14.0 EBC) Grain 4 27.8 %
37.50 kg Caramunich II (Weyermann) (124.1 EBC) Grain 5 16.7 %
12.50 kg Carafa Special II (Weyermann) (817.5 EBC Grain 6 5.6 %
12.50 kg Carapils (Weyermann) (3.9 EBC) Grain 7 5.6 %
1400.00 g Saaz [3.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 8 12.0 IBUs
250.00 g Hallertau Magnum [12.80 %] - Boil 60.0 m Hop 9 11.0 IBUs
1400.00 g Saaz [3.00 %] -whirlpool Hop 10 6.9 IBUs
200.00 g Brewbrite (Boil 10.0 mins) Fining 11 -
100g Yeast Nutrient (Boil 10.0 mins) Other 12 -

View attachment 84432

Attachments

• IMG_0647.jpg
    IMG_0647.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 55
I'll try and get onto that tonight, tmoz mate.

Shouldn't be an issue.. Some may need to be sourced separate so we don't end up with shit tons of leftover, like the carapils, I don't think we want a full bag and then have to deal with the other 12kg

Black n Tan said:
Just had a QC sample of the 'Do U Fleku' clone. Taste pretty good, the roast is pretty mld and will dissipate further with lagering. Colour seems pretty good, black (almost) with some ruby highlights. Recipe has been finalised (rounded to half/full sacks), just waiting to here from Yob regarding ordering of the ingredients.

Recipe: Do U Fleku? (920L)
Brewer: grant
Asst Brewer:
Style: Munich Dunkel
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (30.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------

Batch Size (fermenter): 920.00 l
Estimated OG: 1.053 SG
Estimated Color: 56.2 EBC
Estimated IBU: 29.9 IBUs
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00 %
Boil Time: 120 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amt Name Type # %/IBU

200.00 g Calcium Chloride (Mash 60.0 mins) Water Agent 2 -
100.00 kg Pilsner (Weyermann) (3.3 EBC) Grain 3 44.4 %
62.50 kg Munich I (Weyermann) (14.0 EBC) Grain 4 27.8 %
37.50 kg Caramunich II (Weyermann) (124.1 EBC) Grain 5 16.7 %
12.50 kg Carafa Special II (Weyermann) (817.5 EBC Grain 6 5.6 %
12.50 kg Carapils (Weyermann) (3.9 EBC) Grain 7 5.6 %
1400.00 g Saaz [3.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 8 12.0 IBUs
250.00 g Hallertau Magnum [12.80 %] - Boil 60.0 m Hop 9 11.0 IBUs
1400.00 g Saaz [3.00 %] -whirlpool Hop 10 6.9 IBUs
200.00 g Brewbrite (Boil 10.0 mins) Fining 11 -
100g Yeast Nutrient (Boil 10.0 mins) Other 12 -

attachicon.gif
IMG_0647.jpg
Looks the Biz!

Yob said:
I'll try and get onto that tonight, tmoz mate.

Shouldn't be an issue.. Some may need to be sourced separate so we don't end up with shit tons of leftover, like the carapils, I don't think we want a full bag and then have to deal with the other 12kg
We can always sell-off the leftovers...

Can't be fucked to be honest,

I'll get as much as I can at trade and order the rest from keg king or our new sponsor.. See if they can come to the party, do a double pickup on the one day

The carapils is probably unnecessary, so just up the pilsner by 12.5kg and leave out the carapils. We can make adjustments with the mash.

Black n Tan said:
The carapils is probably unnecessary, so just up the pilsner by 12.5kg and leave out the carapils. We can make adjustments with the mash.
I'll shoot you a PM

well as a non-attendee its really non of my business but this morning I wanted to do write something down thinking of Grants brew name

nothing meant by it, just thought you may enjoy it - spark some further ideas

We come from near and far
And over that way too
A band of brothers we are
Brothers who like to brew

We put together a style
To our hearts we know is true
And on one special day
Well, we all know what to do

The recipe may stay a secret
Bestowed upon a few
On this day will be one question
Do U Fleku too?

I pitched mine this morning... wasnt sposed to but an experiment went wrong..

Ive had spme 34/70 in the fridge FOR EVER (dry) and thought Id see how viable it was so put it into a flask... within 20 minutes it was climbing out the pyrex jug... never one to waste a good opportunity.. I pitched it onto a Fleku cube.. was 3 packets and given how it came to life Im pretty sure it'll go well enough..

are you happy now beer gods? Im fermenting a Lager.... :unsure:

Lucky I have some Hop Shots handy :ph34r:

Lucky enough to snag 3 cubes of this, I'm going to take it three ways. First cube was just pitched with US05 and will be dry hopped with mandarina Bavaria, second cube will be fermented as is with w-34/70 (just pitched too) and the third will get some w-34/70 and will do something yet to be planned (maybe some fruit?) with it.

My first one got a 3L starter of wyeast Oktoberfest blend. It's been sitting at 1.020 for about a week and won't go any lower.... Not sure what the go is but never done lager before. Considering getting some other yeast in there to finish it off. I have WY3711 French saison and WY1272American ale.

VP Brewing said:
My first one got a 3L starter of wyeast Oktoberfest blend. It's been sitting at 1.020 for about a week and won't go any lower.... Not sure what the go is but never done lager before. Considering getting some other yeast in there to finish it off. I have WY3711 French saison and WY1272American ale.
Yerr that seems to high. out of those two I would go 1272 to finish, as the saison will take it too low.

Black n Tan said:
Yerr that seems to high. out of those two I would go 1272 to finish, as the saison will take it too low.
I'd consider leaving it VP up to you but you started out with a pretty high OG.

Latest posts

Back