Vic 2015 Xmas Case Swap - Recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need to wrap up a recipe and order ingredients gents.

Let's call something, get it scaled and get the order in. I'm happy to organise the ingredients again if that's what we want to do

Isn't B&T leading the charge on this? I thought we had a goer with the U-Flecku dark Pils clone?

Edit: On the same note, if we're to do T-Shirts, I'll need to firm-up the artwork & numbers required ASAP.

Yes happy to work up the recipe. Will give Yob a call after dinner if that suits.

B&T - go DARK!!

From what I've read/seen, the recipe I put up for consideration doesn't get the real depth of blackness that the original has.

The original from Prague was extolled to me by Ken Duncan (ex-head brewer at the Redback brewery before it folded many years ago). He reckoned it was absolutely superb & a real surprise that such a dark beer could be so good & refreshing without any roast character.

In thee, I put my trust..... :beerbang:

MartinOC said:
B&T - go DARK!!

From what I've read/seen, the recipe I put up for consideration doesn't get the real depth of blackness that the original has.

The original from Prague was extolled to me by Ken Duncan (ex-head brewer at the Redback brewery before it folded many years ago). He reckoned it was absolutely superb & a real surprise that such a dark beer could be so good & refreshing without any roast character.

In thee, I put my trust..... :beerbang:
Hmmm certainly a challenge. I have just tasted mine from the fermenter and there is roast there but I suspect it will dissipate sufficiently with lagering. I will check colour again tomorrow but I think it is very dark brown rather than black. Of course making adjustment to a recipe when you haven't tried the original is difficult, but I will look into it a bit further.

I have spoken with Yob and we will go with 800L at 70% efficiency. I will use my current recipe and liaise with Yob and Bandicoot Brewing to finalise the shopping list. We can tweak the details from there. I'll post details once confirmed with Bandicoot.

So lager yeast is the go? Putting in an order tomorrow so could add that to it.

Black n Tan said:
Hmmm certainly a challenge. I have just tasted mine from the fermenter and there is roast there but I suspect it will dissipate sufficiently with lagering. I will check colour again tomorrow but I think it is very dark brown rather than black. Of course making adjustment to a recipe when you haven't tried the original is difficult, but I will look into it a bit further.
Sinamar?

So, should the T-Shirts be:

"Bummock at Bandicoot", or

"Bummock with Bandicoot"?

Can we use/incorporate their logo/artwork ('might be a good promo./gratuitous plug for them) for the shirts?

I assume that decision would be Tracey's?

How many are we looking-at?

Colour?

I'd love to have their logo on it if they're game.

Not sure about which of the Bandicoot slogans, but it really should include "Dunk in the Trunk" ;)

Mardoo said:
That is an option, not sure what others think? I loathe to change the amount of crystal or chocolate malt in an effort to chase colour. I think we stick with the recipe I posted above and if people want it darker then sinamar may be the answer.

Yes me too. People can always add sinamar at bottling if they want, so i think we go without it.

Im all for keeping it simple, lets get an outputr volume = 800l?

Shirts defo a go, will speak to Tracy and Bruce tmoz to see if representation is permissable

Hang on! Here's a thought:

I just noticed that they already have their own promo. shirts available. Maybe we just source some of theirs & have some extra printing done on them specially for the for this occasion?

MartinOC said:
Hang on! Here's a thought:

I just noticed that they already have their own promo. shirts available. Maybe we just source some of theirs & have some extra printing done on them specially for the for this occasion?
Good idea.

Be a good thing to use their shirts. I'm happy to advertise Bandicoot for all kinds of reasons. Love to see them on more shelves, particularly locally!

it does however leave a logistical issue of firstly obtaining the shirts and then getting the print added in the next 4 weeks? Its certainly doable but we'd need to lock it all in reasonable quickly I should think

Yob, can you find out how many shirts they've got & whether they're OK with us doing this first? Take it from there. I'll find out if we can get the extra printing done in the available time....and costs.

Latest posts

Back