ultratap or intertap? is there a difference?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually it started in world war 2 with the wing design of the Mustang aircraft, just sayin.
You were sayin just right. My last aircraft was an Aerostar 600A and it had laminar flow wings. Makes for a very fast machine.

The Ultra Tap is a true laminar flow tap which reduces foaming. We originally made the Intertap but that design was not able to achieve the laminar flow. So the Ultra Tap was made and it is the successor to the Intertap. We will soon have a bit more info coming out about this.

So what you are saying is that the Intertap is not as good as the Ultratap from this comment.

So what we need is a side by side test of the Nukatap and Ultratap to see which tap has laminar flow and reduces foaming the most. I can guarantee you that the Nukatap will win hands down every time. Just let us know when you would like to start the side by side testing and we would be more than happy to show the results in action.

You were sayin just right. My last aircraft was an Aerostar 600A and it had laminar flow wings. Makes for a very fast machine.

I would say the nukatap shuttle looks much more aerodynamic and "wing" like than the shuttle from the ultratap.

So what you are saying is that the Intertap is not as good as the Ultratap from this comment.

So what we need is a side by side test of the Nukatap and Ultratap to see which tap has laminar flow and reduces foaming the most. I can guarantee you that the Nukatap will win hands down every time. Just let us know when you would like to start the side by side testing and we would be more than happy to show the results in action.
The Ultra Tap is the next generation on from the Intertap for us and we are very happy with its performance. Its doing very nicely with its acceptance around the world. We don't need any of your tests as you have form in the past where you showed stuff purporting to be ours which was not (yes a tap was one of them). When www.kegking.cn shows our name hijacked in China pointing to your products then there is a credibitity problem that you need to address before trying this sort of stunt.

I would say the nukatap shuttle looks much more aerodynamic and "wing" like than the shuttle from the ultratap.
I suppose you think a glossy wing is more laminar also. There is a bit more to aerodynamics than you think you can tell from looking at it.

I suppose you think a glossy wing is more laminar also. There is a bit more to aerodynamics than you think you can tell from looking at it.

I don't think it's more laminate due to the glossy wing. I know it's produces more laminar flow because we have actually done the testing and we have already proven that it is more laminar which is why our customers get a better result with the Nukatap.

Irrespective of what it looks like or how "glossy it is" the Nukatap is a superior product from a functional perspective and gives laminar flow and will save wasted beer that ends up going down the sink as foam. The Nukatap is truly innovative while the Ultratap is simply a re-branded Intertap with very little difference in performance.

I would agree with you there is a lot more to aerodynamics than being "glossy" which is why we have done so much work in this area to ensure the Nukatap actually functions better.

I don't think it's more laminate due to the glossy wing. I know it's produces more laminar flow because we have actually done the testing and we have already proven that it is more laminar which is why our customers get a better result with the Nukatap.

Irrespective of what it looks like or how "glossy it is" the Nukatap is a superior product from a functional perspective and gives laminar flow and will save wasted beer that ends up going down the sink as foam. The Nukatap is truly innovative while the Ultratap is simply a re-branded Intertap with very little difference in performance.

I would agree with you there is a lot more to aerodynamics than being "glossy" which is why we have done so much work in this area to ensure the Nukatap actually functions better.
Well throw more lies and inaccuracies like you did on the Super Deluxe fridges and learn the difference between laminate and laminar. The Ultra Tap is not a re branded Intertap. It is a development based on the forward sealing principle but that is about it. Let’s leave it at that and let the results speak. You can assert whatever you like but we are content to let the products speak for themselves. We have bigger fish to fry.

Pics or it didnt happen.

But no seriously. This is exactly the point, people making claims. If the first pour is better, surely it can be shown in video...

Pics or it didnt happen.

But no seriously. This is exactly the point, people making claims. If the first pour is better, surely it can be shown in video...
We did the video two years ago already with the inventor of the forward sealing tap whose patents we purchased to build the Ultra Tap and then refine it. Why would MicroMatic in the USA ask for the exclusive rights to sell it there and ask to put their name on it if it was not the goods. Doubtful that they would sell something with a plastic shuttle.
943E8C66-FCF8-4D5F-99EF-03D9D5584989.jpeg

I'm sure you guys can just each put a tap on a fridge and take it back after testing...

I'll happily take one of each and do an unbiased review ;) but I suspect some more well known people on here/youtubers should get first crack however

Currently have 1 Perlick 540ss FC, 2x Kegking SS FC 2nd gen intertaps (I think) and 1x intertap SS FC from Kegland

All feel good and have had no issues with any of them, first 3 are currently in storage but will be back in service soon the last one is on my Ikegger Growler and gets used fairly often

I'll happily take one of each and do an unbiased review ;)

Sounds good, but I would love a biased review. Imagine both Kegland and Keg-King, just absolutely going to town on the competitors taps. It would be carnage.

FWIW, I have the Kegland intertaps on my kegerator, which could be the same as the Keg-King ones and they pour fine, never had an issue, don't need to upgrade. Pull tap. Beer comes out. Beer gets drunk.

Not taking the bait - sorry
What's the bait - you said you wanted to let the products speak for themselves?

Do you take us for a pack of morons, to suggest something and then just say some bullshit like "i dont want to buy a nukatap"?
And then now you pretend to take the high road?

Cmon mate it's your idea to let the products speak for themselves - why not do it?

Do you take us for a pack of morons, to suggest something and then just say some bullshit like "i dont want to buy a nukatap"?

Cmon mate it's your idea to let the products speak for themselves - why not do it?
Short and sweet - they speak for themselves as they are selling very well and we have a lot of other things to do than to get into matches like this with businesses who have form of telling lies about our products (check the fridge thread) and even using our name in China to direct searches for Keg King to them (check www.kegking.cn).

I would totally agree with this. Just so we can be sure that the test are done in an unbiased way I think we need a representative from KK and KL during the testing and we take video of both. We have tried to ask the CEO for this type of comparison many times but all he comes up with is statements like "we are satisfied with our products" or "they are selling very well" or "we don't get into matches like this".

So although the ceo makes big claims about his tap being "superior" its just strange to see him back down when asked to prove this. Our position remains the same. The Nukatap is a better designed tap that:
1. Reduces foaming especially on the first pour
2. Seals are more chemical resistant to wider range of beers such as very sour beers
3. When compared to the Ultratap the seals last longer meaning less maintenance

We are happy to do side by side comparison for all these tests and then release video on the topic but to avoid us being seen as biased we really need the CEO to participate.

Latest posts

Back