To The Man Behind The Bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkFaerytale

Fuggle Abuse
Reaction score
i'v just recently found out that a friend of mine died a few nights ago from a heart attack. he's name is Dave and he worked at the Waltzing Matilda hotel, i'v known this man for as long as i can remember and he would often tell me how he remembered Dad bringing me in while i was still in a stroller. he used to give me spare change to play the pinball machines and he was the one who poured me my first pot of carlton draught, everytime i walked into the pub from then on there would be a pot (or schooner) of draught waiting for me at the bar if old Dave was working. when i was a bit younger anytime i or my friends would start acting the fool he would tell us straight up and warn us if security had there eye on us. he was a great man and a good friend when i needed someone to talk to

here's to you Dave and all the other great bar workers in the world, if we ever meet up in another life i hope to be pouring you a beer instead

-Phill

i'v just recently found out that a friend of mine died a few nights ago from a heart attack. he's name is Dave and he worked at the Waltzing Matilda hotel, i'v known this man for as long as i can remember and he would often tell me how he remembered Dad bringing me in while i was still in a stroller. he used to give me spare change to play the pinball machines and he was the one who poured me my first pot of carlton draught, everytime i walked into the pub from then on there would be a pot (or schooner) of draught waiting for me at the bar if old Dave was working. when i was a bit younger anytime i or my friends would start acting the fool he would tell us straight up and warn us if security had there eye on us. he was a great man and a good friend when i needed someone to talk to

here's to you Dave and all the other great bar workers in the world, if we ever meet up in another life i hope to be pouring you a beer instead

-Phill

Sorry to hear about your loss. he sounded like a great bloke.
Cheers15BL, I'll have a beer for you tonight

Sorry to hear about your loss. he sounded like a great bloke.
Cheers15BL, I'll have a beer for you tonight

There are just too few people like this left in the world - it's a great story, and a great sentiment. HEre's to the gentlemen who pull the amber...

Andy

Latest posts

Back