Throw Out Your Cubes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting ahead of the curve and brewing a Golden Staph Ale.

Unfortunately I regularly go to patients that claim they have had their drinks spiked when I know they have just drunk more than they can handle.

Lately I have been telling the really annoying ones that, with the symptoms they are displaying, I can't rule out botulism. Makes them freak out a little and makes my night go a bit quicker. B)

Used to know a girl at university that did this almost every time we went out, wrecking our night because then we'd have to take care of her. I summed it up for her that next time we wouldn't be there to take care of her mess, and that we didn't what issues were causing her to drink so much so often... but whatever they were she was going to have to deal with them in a more effective way, because we were sick of it and beyond caring anymore. She straightened up pretty quick.

- boingk

Hah :D im going for a double leprosy ale. Dry hopped with whole leppers!

yeah, thats the go. Back in the day in ye olde England the leppers were actually invited to bath in the shallow stone fermentors! This gave a distinct biscuity liveliness to the taste of the dark beers of this time, but also led to some brewhouse troubles with solids blocking the draining tap. A real hearty ale it was, with substance! With Quality Control these days, we're all bubble-wrapped i tells ya.

Great to read the terms 'chill vs no-chill' and 'Do a search FFS' after such a long absence of such comments from AHB. Some things never change here!

Was just thinking the same thing. After, for me a 12 month absence nothing has changed. Same shit slinging, i.e. the Bb Ale Malt thread. Sad really. Dont know why I bothered looking in. Have fun going round and around and around and around and around

Ebolager has just been invented.

Unfortunately I regularly go to patients that claim they have had their drinks spiked when I know they have just drunk more than they can handle.

Lately I have been telling the really annoying ones that, with the symptoms they are displaying, I can't rule out botulism. Makes them freak out a little and makes my night go a bit quicker. B)

We may have similar professions. The last "drink spiking" case I attended to was from a mother concerned for her 16 yr old daughter. Mother: "her drink must have been spiked because she came home from a party like this and she would never drink alcohol". I had to stop myself ffrom laughing. I wanted to say to the mother that she probably thinks her daughter is still a virgin too.

should i be worried about botulism being present in a cube of jenkem? even if one was real anal about cleaning?

Fryeast announces new PSS (Pahological Seasonal Strains)

AVAILABLE JULY THROUGH SEPTEMBER 2012

Fryeast LD50-1 E.Coli
Styles: Hamburgers, Sausages, other meat products
Lethality: Medium

Fryeast LD50-2 H.Pylori
Styles: Ulcers
Lethality: Low

Fryeast LD50-3 C.Botulinum
Styles: Hamburgers, Sausages, No-Chill Cubes (Darrenus type), other meat products
Lethality: High

Now available from kebab shops, meat manufacturers and other fine food establishments

Been away from here for a good while but have been brewing constantly and no chilling all the way and unless I am missing the symptoms no botulism here.
This place hasn't changed eh. The resident shit stirrer starts a thread saying no chillers are dills and it runs for 24 pages
Get back to brewing dudes

Mantis said:
Been away from here for a good while but have been brewing constantly and no chilling all the way and unless I am missing the symptoms no botulism here.
This place hasn't changed eh. The resident shit stirrer starts a thread saying no chillers are dills and it runs for 24 pages
Get back to brewing dudes
Welcome back,

think I've had botulism a few times since you have been gone,
maybe it was just too much alcohol...

Hey mantis, welcome back.

Please stick with the forum. There's a great number of newbs really eager, but there are a few members stirring the pot and muddying the waters. The beer discussion is great, and I'd love to see the flow of exiting experienced members stemmed.

GalBrew said:
To be fair, this thread is over a year and a half old. When was the last time you saw dr K?
May 26th, 2013.

I wonder if Dr K rehydrates his yeast ?

Back