The Sandpeoples Xmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sampled them all GMK , also did a Kenny / Guest Lurker barley wine side by side sampling.

The guys are sure to leave you some feed back ,and I know where Big Dog Brewing came from now.

Thanks GL
I'll give you a call tomorrow (Mon)

Sorry I couldn't meet up with everyone, I'll have to make sure I am aorund when Hoops is here.

PS any feedback on the beer is geratly appreciated

Ausdb

Mmmmm.... Christmas beer.

christmas_case.jpg

Way to go sandpeople !

Woo Hoo !! :lol:

and to think your giving this up to go to qld.the qld boys have a bench mark to follow now batz ;)

cheers
big d

Just realised I took two of Batz's Oktoberfest and none of his Cut Cat Ale. And I've drunk them both.

There's always one who ruins it for the rest of us. Sorry to whoever missed out on the Oktoberfest. It was very nice.

There are some who may think this was the safer option dee-bee , for them that is :p

I had the cut cat ale , english bitter and an oktoberfest , so not everyone will have scored one of each.

Hope you enjoy them , I have to wait till after Xmas till I recieve mine :(

Batz

I drank Batzs Oktoberfest last night. Heres a review. "A jolly nice beer, once you persuade it to get in the jug and not climb out again. Vigorous and enthusiastic carbonation".

AusDB has picked up his case, he had the Cut Cat and the Northern English, some ******* swiped his Oktoberfest.

I thought I got the safe option!

I'll back up Captain Obvious' comment with a pic...
batz.jpg

Its a very tasty brew, and good value too! I got 3 glasses for the price of 1 :)

Are you sure all that froth is from Batz's beer? You seem to be chatting with someone called Spanky!

well, spanky might just happen to be one of my online personas. It's origins are lost in the mists of internet time (roughly 1997), but I think it was a bit of a joke, that somehow stuck.

Thanks for dragging me out of the closet bigd!

sorry barfridge.couldnt help myself.i shall now proceed to the corner and spank myself :lol: <_< :unsure:

Well I'm halfway through a Cut Cat at the moment and its bloody nice Batz - I love your work !!

Can you share the recipe? I'm particularlyinterested in what, how much and when you late hop - tastes sensational !

Happy to share any recipes Goat , PM me your email

Well I have been away last week but finally managed to do some sampling. So far Goat Pils and Bock (blue label on PET lid, owner = ??)

Goat I thougt your pils was not a bad drop at all, after your descriptions I was expecting something horrible. You certainly didn't need to be bringing other beers to go with it. I quite enjoyed it the other night, bit scetchy on the details but it had a nice malty sweet mouthfeel with quite a bit of hops (saaz?).

The bock was a nice match with the bbq diner tonight :) Never really had a bock so cant comment much on the style but it was very dark with low carbonation. Nice malt aroma with a slightly roasted smell, quite smooth with not much hop aroma. Given the colour I was surprised it wasn't really roasty.

Looking forward to getting stuck into the rest.

barfridge said:
well, spanky might just happen to be one of my online personas. It's origins are lost in the mists of internet time (roughly 1997), but I think it was a bit of a joke, that somehow stuck.

Thanks for dragging me out of the closet bigd!
Are you spankyofoz on OCAU? :)

Latest posts

Back