The Sandpeoples Xmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on call during the festive season :angry: so a pre-xmas sampling will be nice for me. I get to watch everyone drink beer during the break.

My xmas day case may have to be a non-alcoholic ginger beer if I get around to finding a recipe.

A meetup with drinking sounds good, although it will be a bitch of a cycle with that Christmas Case on my back.

My place is always available if I am around. I think Batz is in Perth 1 to 5 Dec which might mean 4 Dec is the go. There is a fair chance I will be in Miami that weekend so if then it might have to be at someone elses place and I would arrange for my and Batzs beer to be dropped off before I go.

If the weekend before or after I will be here.

We could do the case the weekend before and then you guys could meet up with Batz the weekend of 4 Dec.

Too many options? Too hard to work out now? Maybe best to just concentrate on brewing your best beer!

I've got the Keg...
Just tell me when & where!

No changes to the brewery Goat... But I have put an order in with santa for an 80 litre SS Stock Pot!

Asher for now

Yeah sorry about throwing that suggestion in. We could just go back to plan A.

No drinking though.

Goat said...

I hope to be doing a Pils this weekend for the box - I got a 6th in the recent Club comp, so I'm feeling very confident !!! (the fact that there were 6 entries took the shine off the result a little but I remain undaunted)

Don't let that phase you goat....
Remember My stout from the last comp. It came dead last. out of 10!. Anyway I sent it off to SABSOSA comp and it came 3rd (overall including SA entries....). Its now off to the nationals!

Asher for now

Hmm stocks are bad ... I am going to have to take some time off work to brew this week or next. Afraid demand is outstripping supply.

That said I will endeavour to provide my 14 bottles (no more! I have not enuf beer). Looks like I will have to provide 7 APA and 7 of my as yet untasted Helles, shouldn't send you blind too quickly!

May have to buy a couple more kegs so I can have more storage. The festive season is going to consume some grain at my place :)

I'm in the same boat Jason - will have to do one this weekend. might re-try the SFPA

Well mine are all packaged and ready to be collected in the next day or two , hope to catch up with you guys in Perth , I arrive 8th GL has my moblie.
Fly out to Adelaide in a hour or so , will be off the net

Batz

Goat said:
I'm in the same boat Jason - will have to do one this weekend. might re-try the SFPA
Hows the 80IBU lager coming :eek:

Hope to catch you when you are here Batz, mad time of year this part ... weekends are getting more and more booked :(

So umm, when and where are we doing the exchange?

Batz is here on the 8th so are we still looking at doing the drop off to GL on the weekend of 4/5. Do you know if Batz is around for the weekend GL? How are your travel plans looking for 4/5 ? - back up the thread a little it was looking like you'd be in Miami....

Hi Goat

Hard to organise at the moment. I am going to Brisbane tomorrow, back at the end of the week. I may go to Miami at start of December but probably wont, and if I do I will be back on about 8 Dec. I thought Batz was here on 1 Dec now looks like 8 Dec. I'm confused!

So....

I am keen for one clean, all meet up, drink beer, swap cases, go away again type event.
If we do that when Batz is here, will be some time after 8 Dec, not sure if he is here following weekend or not.
I will almost certainly be here and my place is available for the swap, weeknight or weekend.

Lets get the beer brewed and sort it out a bit closer.

My ESB is bottled but not tasted. Have a Porter in reserve just in case.
Batz's beer is having transport problems but should hopefully come down this week.
Asher has brewed his I think
JasonY has his ready to go.
Goat - having another go or happy with the last one?
Barfridge, Deebee and AusDB - progress reports please?

I'll know better next week about schedules and we can try to tie down a day to meet up.

Yep mine's brewed. Will be botteling 22 litres of it on wednesday... (Can someone remind me how to bottle... its been a while :lol: )
I've got my lable sorted too... Its a cracker!
"Santa's Little Helper" California Common (Steam) Beer

How about Sunday arvo of the 12th (If batz is in town), A few beers/nibblies/etc @ GL's ?

Asher for now

Hi fellow sandpeople

Mine is looking like the last of my oktoberfest for 14 bottles
Luckily my little keg only holds 13 litres so there was some left after the west coast do and a party last week.
I will try and have a hefe weizen bottled by the 4th or 8th but as it stands you will get two bottles of nokkedoverfest!

It's not looking too flash from my end. I was intending to include my partial bock and pilsners, but they both had issues with astringency. The bock has been in the bottle for about 2 months now, so I'll try one out tonight, and see if its settled down enough to be passable.

If not, I have an extract based brown ale I could throw in, but that wouldnt feel right against your wonderful stuff.

I'm cooling down the bock now, so I'll know within an hour or 2 if I can participate.

update: It's official, the bock is shitehouse :(
Looks like I'll have to wait until next year. Sorry guys

Don't worry barfridge...

You won't be going thirsty this christmass. I'll still have two bottles of the below for you to collect ...
Its the season of good will/to be jolly etc. etc.

Asher for now

Santas_little_helper2_.JPG

Hi Mr Fridge

Section 3, sub paragraph b of the original Christmas case rules reads"Once you're in, theres no backing down".

So lets stick to the same numbers, there will be a case for you to collect. Up to you, but if I were you I'd contribute the beer to the case anyway. How can you be sure its shithouse tasting it on your own? You might be a very harsh critic.

Or, if it is really shithouse, just add a warning to your label, and you have the opportunity to get 7 different opinions on what the problem may be and what you could do to improve it.

Plebs like me will just drink it and enjoy it. Others like Asher, who has a pretty good palate, can probably identify the dodgy flavours and give some helpful advice.

OK?

OK...

I know that i am not in your Xmas Case...But as Batz will up at The BrewInn...

I will be giving him 2 stubbies of the following to bring over to you guys to share at the Xmas Case Swap get Together...
- 2 x Barley Wine bottle April 04 - in the SA Xmas Case.
- 2 x GMK 1st AG Anzac Day 2004 Imperial American Pale Ale
- 2 x GMK Partial Sweet Chocolate Stout.

I would appreciate feedback and hope you Guys enjoy them...:chug:

Merry Xmas from GMKeneterprises. :D

Hey Ken,
What about your brothers here in the ACT?!
If you're flinging bottles of beer around, I'll happily take a mixed 6 pack too! ;-)

Bro Battler...

Latest posts

Back