The Sail & Anchor Iron Brew Amateur Brewing Competition 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trick was to go high tech. I will outline my strategy:

1. Give capper to partner's father, who will not use it.
2. Forget the fact you have given capper to partner's father
2. Use polyethylene terephthalate bottles that are not rated for pressure (but are good for drinking water), but it will be OK if you store it cold
3. Step 1 in the advanced ageing procedure is to partially freeze the beer while attempting the pressure reduction
4. Step 2 in the advanced ageing procedure is to somehow make the barstaff handling the entry trip and throw your entry down the cellar stairs (plastic bottle essential)

Frozen beer can be OK.
No chill still apparently works.

Sounds like a winner! Good luck anyway!

http://www.sailandanchor.com.au/whats_on.html

Looks like there is another comp! Hopefully this will be a regular thing.....

So who got 2nd and 3rd ?

As per my Previous post, Bizier (Dan) got 1st according to the Sail and Anchor's twitter feed.

Dre - Pretty sure it's blind tasting, that's the standard for most comps. Only the stewards would know who's beer they're pouring.

The sail and anchor website has another similar comp on the way - Seven Seas Bitter

Congrats to the winner! :)

Does anyone know when the full results are going to be published?

How did Speedie go, did he place?

My entry was disqualified by the stewards after being voted through to the 2nd/BOS round - for not being an amateur (FTR I'm an Assistant Brewer at Gage Roads) :(

Congrats Dan & enjoy the prize - hopefully getting to brew your beer with Brendan Varis is a dream come true!

That would be awesome being able to brew a proper sized batch! I wonder how much cleaning is involved....

Once again... Do we get feedback?

My entry was disqualified by the stewards after being voted through to the 2nd/BOS round - for not being an amateur (FTR I'm an Assistant Brewer at Gage Roads) :(

Congrats Dan & enjoy the prize - hopefully getting to brew your beer with Brendan Varis is a dream come true!
That's a bit rough, was any other entries pulled out? Was Doc allowed to enter his beer or not?

AFAIK Doc's was not pulled as it did not make the cut (sorry Doc)

There were judging notes taken though I'm not sure how they will be returned given entries only required a name & number? I was told my consolation is that I will get feedback (that's what the stewards thought I entered for?) but perhaps you should email Matt to find out for sure before they make their way into the special filing cabinet. Perth entrants can probably pick them up...?

Wow, if your beer made it that far... maybe I've missed the call from Matt about the Keg of IPA or $100 cash ? :p

Edit: Time to come clean on those 'special' ingredients you used as well now <_<

Wow, if your beer made it that far... maybe I've missed the call from Matt about the Keg of IPA or $100 cash ? :p

Edit: Time to come clean on those 'special' ingredients you used as well now <_<

sherry.jpg

Back