The Flying Horse Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, I have an annual date in Warnambool as my daughter dances in the highland dance competition held at the Show, so I guess I know where I will spend Saturday night now :)

OK a few changes, we will now be ready for opening on Saturday July 5th!!!!!
There has been a delay caused by something that is not brewery related.
Cheers
Gerard

Hope tommorow goes swimmingly for you Gerard :icon_cheers:

Well we had the tradies in on Weds night & thursday was a soft opening, lunch & dinner sittings for invited friends etc. They got through plenty of beer, the Dirty Angel & Whale Ale proving most popular. Today we put tills in the draws & started selling. The place was chokas when I left & the Dirty Angel has established itself as our most popular drop. The Whale Ale was going great, but the Dirty Angel has a few other things going for it when it comes to attracting attention. We are brewing flat out next week to get our stocks up, & a few days of keg cleaning .
Cheers
Gerard

Well we had the tradies in on Weds night & thursday was a soft opening, lunch & dinner sittings for invited friends etc. They got through plenty of beer, the Dirty Angel & Whale Ale proving most popular. Today we put tills in the draws & started selling. The place was chokas when I left & the Dirty Angel has established itself as our most popular drop. The Whale Ale was going great, but the Dirty Angel has a few other things going for it when it comes to attracting attention. We are brewing flat out next week to get our stocks up, & a few days of keg cleaning .
Cheers
Gerard

Congrats Gerard,

Cannot wait to visit and see the finished project.
After that little taste of the Dirty Angel at your place I am now drinking dark beers. Please get some into bottles soon so I can buy some as it gets expensive to visit from Newcastle every weekend to get a taste of a great beer.

Will be keeping intouch
Dogs01

If anybody from here is planning to visit FHB&B over the next few weeks, please call ahead to find out what we have available on tap & avoid disappointment. We will run out of our range of beers by Mon arvo. I have a Porter to keg this week & 3 beers to brew to try & get back in front.
Cheers
Gerard

We will run out of our range of beers by Mon arvo.

That'd be right.

My plan was to visit yesterday (Sunday), but the missus dragged me straight home after the kids festival because she was late for work. I didn't mind too much because we had booked in for tea on Wednesday. <_<

I suppose it's a good sign for you guys that the beer is selling out. I've heard some very favourable reports. Some from blokes I've only ever known to drink CUB.

Cheers
Bagnol

Well Done Gerard and team, great to hear the new brewery is selling out!

Maybe when you get your stocks back up you can send some up for your old mates in the HBG :eek: :p .

That'd be right.
My plan was to visit yesterday (Sunday), but the missus dragged me straight home after the kids festival because she was late for work. I didn't mind too much because we had booked in for tea on Wednesday. <_<
I suppose it's a good sign for you guys that the beer is selling out. I've heard some very favourable reports. Some from blokes I've only ever known to drink CUB.

Cheers
Bagnol

Sorry Bag, we sold 24 kegs in 3 days (as well as 19 kegs of mega-swill). I thought it would be quiet today, but there were plenty in for lunch & there were more booked in for dinner this evening. I reckon by Weds night there will none of our own beers left. I have a Porter going on tap late in the week, & I plan to brew Tues, Weds, Thurs.
Bottling is definately going to happen, just not sure how long till we get there.
Cheers
Gerard

AWESOME Mate! :icon_chickcheers:

Great to hear you guys are going gangbusters! That's a hell-load of beer to sell, and good to hear the rave reviews.

Keep it up - Cheers, MIke

Good to hear it's all going great guns Gerard....
A far cry from the megaswill crowd of Paddy's, hey.

Cheers Ross

I hope you will have some beers to go next sunday (20TH) for the portland bay hoppers to taste :beer: heard a rumour you were out of beers ( not mega swill)

I hope you will have some beers to go next sunday (20TH) for the portland bay hoppers to taste :beer: heard a rumour you were out of beers ( not mega swill) Must be good beer :p

I hope you will have some beers to go next sunday (20TH) for the portland bay hoppers to taste :beer: heard a rumour you were out of beers ( not mega swill) Must be good beer :p

That rumour was spot on, we were out of beer for 3 days. We have the Mahogany Porter on, but that won't last. We got through 2 kegs of it yesterday. By the 20th we will have The Dirty Angel back on tap, but not much else. If you turn up on the 27th you might get a better selection. Always best to give me a call first & avoid disapointment. I am off now to continue with repairs before we can start brewing again. Very lucky that there are people in this part of the world that can do (very) confined spaces welding.
Cheers
Gerard

Good to hear it's all going great guns Gerard....
A far cry from the megaswill crowd of Paddy's, hey.
Cheers Ross

Yes Ross, the beers have been enthusiastically recieved. No filtration, No WhirFloc, No Poly-Clar, No Finnings, actually none of those crap addatives that you see people carrying on about, just water, hops, malt & yeast. Too simple really.
Cheers
Gerard

The way beer was intended 'ey Gerard! :chug:

I heard on the grapevine that you may even be looking at getting a bottling line! That would be schmick - give us non-Warrnamboolians a chance to get stuck into some Dirty Angel and Whale Ale! Not that its gonna stop me visiting though! :D

Yes Ross, the beers have been enthusiastically recieved. No filtration, No WhirFloc, No Poly-Clar, No Finnings, actually none of those crap addatives that you see people carrying on about, just water, hops, malt & yeast. Too simple really.
Cheers
Gerard

Does that mean you don't even adjust your water chemistry?

Kabooby :)

My holidays evaporated way too quickly and we ended up visiting family instead of brewery ... where's the priorities :p
Gerard - Any truth to the rumour that one of the owners is a guy I've lined up against in footy down this way?

Gerard - Any truth to the rumour that one of the owners is a guy I've lined up against in footy down this way?

Matt Monk & Matt Stewart are both well known footballers/radio personalities down this way. Monky now plays for a team from Colac.
Cheers
Gerard

Does that mean you don't even adjust your water chemistry?
Kabooby :)

After 3 different water analysis all came back much the same I decided that apart from filtering, we have no reason to play with the water chemistry. Like I have said before, sometimes it is what you don't put in the beer that makes it taste better!
Cheers
Gerard

I was talking to a mate who was recently in w'bool - I mentioned a new brewpub/micro that had opened there! he knew about it, had been, and mentioned the beer was all gone at the time. small world :D I'll have to drop in and check it out at some point !

Latest posts

Back