The Flying Horse Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice work gerard,

sorry I didnt make it down that way on the weekend ended up in Moree

Franko

Thats cool Frank, there is no beer here, in fact this arvo will be my first beer in over a week. I guess I should go play golf now so that I feel like I earned a beer!
Cheers
Gerard

This looks great, Gerard_M...

Can't say I'm not envious. I really like the idea of building a brewery from the ground up.

One question. How many breweries in Warrnambool?

I like the look of the place.

WJ

This looks great, Gerard_M...

Can't say I'm not envious. I really like the idea of building a brewery from the ground up.

One question. How many breweries in Warrnambool?

I like the look of the place.

WJ

WJ
Unfortunately the owners had signed up with a mob to supply & fit the brewery before I took up their job offer. The brewery is a bit over the top, too many unnecessary extras. A bit like a gold plated ashtray on a motor bike, a few of the more basic items have been overlooked. When they are finished I get to start the alterations.
Warrnambool is an awesome place to live, & there have been a few breweries here in the past. This is about the 8th in all, the previous one closed over 100 years ago. Everybody here is very enthusiastic about the venue, we just need to get things to move a bit quicker.
Cheers
Gerard

Thanks, Gerard_M...

I visited Warrnambool a few years back. There are some similarities with the town I live in.

Don't rush it though. Mistakes have been made in the effort to push things along.

I will be in Vic soon and I will try to include Flying Horse on my itinerary.

Good luck

WJ

Yep it is a good jacket Doc, you know your fashions! It goes with the boots & hard-hat beautifully!
Cheers
Gerard
Dont know if your fermenters are in their final postion ? But seems to be with a few new Micro's they are putting fermenters they are trying to cool in the full sun by windows WTF.Believe me those windows and fermenters are going to look real cruddy real soon.Best get the curtains ready or your sunscreen and polishing rag .Best of luck with the brewery :icon_cheers:
GB

Dont know if your fermenters are in their final postion ? But seems to be with a few new Micro's they are putting fermenters they are trying to cool in the full sun by windows WTF.Believe me those windows and fermenters are going to look real cruddy real soon.Best get the curtains ready or your sunscreen and polishing rag .Best of luck with the brewery :icon_cheers:
GB

Those windows are facing East, the roller blinds along with some tiling on the other walls, will go on after the rest of the job is finished.
Cheers
Gerard

I reckon if I had that much s/s bling in my brewery I'd be putting it near the window as well! :super:

Perhaps the gentle sea breeze will actually save on cooling costs?! :lol:

I reckon if I had that much s/s bling in my brewery I'd be putting it near the window as well! :super:

Get to see a bike race go past every year too. (Melbourne to Warrnambool Classic) :) Be losts of thirsty punters then.

Warren -

Get to see a bike race go past every year too. (Melbourne to Warrnambool Classic) :) Be losts of thirsty punters then.

Warren -

Any chance you'll be one of those thirsty punters Warren?

Great Ocean Road is still right up there on my "things to do" list. Won't be long till I find myself knocking on the door of the Flying Horse I don't reckon! But I'll wait till the beer's pouring first I think!

Wouldn't mind... Two things I love. Beer and Bike Racing. :icon_chickcheers:

Warren -

My folks still live in Warrnambool and they will be under strict instructions to pack some 'samples' when they next run the Gauntlet across the Nullaboor later this year. Here's hoping production will be up and running by then. Good luck with it all Gerard. I'm sure there is a large niche in the South West for such a venture. :beerbang: .
Cheers
Doug

T.D.
The window to the east, behind the bright tanks, faces the B.P servo & The Macca's that were also built as part of the project. I reckon we might get a few people through the door because of what they see through the window. We already have had alot of people walk up to the windows for a perve when they get out to stretch their legs after a long drive. The Sunday morning breakfast trade could give the guys in the kitchen a bit of a shock too. Plenty of travellers pass down this stretch of the Great Ocean Road, if all of them have just one pot each we are sorted!
Cheers
Gerard

Gerard,

Have you decided which are the fermenters and which are the bright beer tanks yet? :unsure: :p

Hope you get it sorted out soon, I'll be sure to come down for a look when she's fired up.

Cheers, Andrew.

Gerard,

Have you decided which are the fermenters and which are the bright beer tanks yet? :unsure: :p

Hope you get it sorted out soon, I'll be sure to come down for a look when she's fired up.

Cheers, Andrew.

Andrew
Those sorts of problems are the ones that really worry me, when there is something that obvious. Very frustrating, I may have even swore. :unsure:
Our process is no-where near as interesting as yours. We will be in touch later about getting your Gluten Free beers into our bottle shop.
Cheers
Gerard

Two weeks have passed & no-change. The site is starting to get finished off & the bar & bistro areas have really started to take shape. In the brewhouse there has been nothing to report. Somebody ran a broom through to clean up after the sparkies etc, but other than that nothing!
Cheers
Gerard (who is extremely bored!)

Hang in there mate, with all the golf you are playing and all the pilot brews you are making (and having on tap at home), things can't be that bad B)

Two weeks have passed & no-change. The site is starting to get finished off & the bar & bistro areas have really started to take shape. In the brewhouse there has been nothing to report. Somebody ran a broom through to clean up after the sparkies etc, but other than that nothing!
Cheers

Bored!!
Take the trip down the road to Portland and finish my brewery off for me.. :D

Cheers
sounds like a size nine needs to be forcebly
inserted into some rear ends to get the show on the road. while i am jeolous i would,nt want to be in your shoes,(hows that for a pick me up) :eek: all the best its on my hit list ...cheers...spog..

Hang in there mate, with all the golf you are playing and all the pilot brews you are making (and having on tap at home), things can't be that bad B)

There is more to life than playing golf & beer you know Duff! Yeah actually that still sounds weird when you say it out aloud. Everything is pretty good really. Family is happy & healthy living in a beautiful country town by the sea, geeting paid to do stuff all. This place is so far away from Sydney it is awesome. Warrnambool would be a great place for a brewery, I only wish there was one here.
Cheers
Gerard

This place is so far away from Sydney it is awesome. Warrnambool would be a great place for a brewery, I only wish there was one here.

I think I know a guy who ....... oh wait.
Seriously hang in there, enjoy the down time. When you hit production you'll be busy as hell.

Oh, and get the installers mobile number and start SMS'ing him every hour asking how things are progressing :p

Doc

Back