The Flying Horse Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it finally happened.....we brewed. Nothing to brag about really, just a basic pale that will end up a light beer if it is worth kegging. There were a few plant issues which I raised earlier on. We proceeded & had a sh!t of a day. I have decided not to brew again until these issues are fixed. We should have at least 3 beers done by the end of this week. If you are down this way early next month drop in for a sample.(oh & bring a jumper it is pretty cold)
cheers
Gerard
Good to hear Gerard, hope the problems can be sorted out without too much work.

First run on the barley mash tun last week for me ended up a 5 hour lauter and the day was longer than a gluten free brew!!! After a couple of hours and only 5 hl in the kettle I heard Scotty's mantra echoing in my head...float the mash...drain slowly...float the mash... pumped it all back under and started again and all went to plan from there.

Cheers, Andrew.

We now have 3 beers kicking away in the fermentors, but not without a few dramas. After the first 2 brews there were some welding jobs, including the lauter tun floor which shat itself. Today we will do some more modifications & hopefully brew again tomorrow. The Dirty Angel was brewed yesterday, & should be ready for the opening sometime around the 27th of June, the Whale Ale is tasting great at the moment, just need to get the place open & sell a few pots!
Cheers
Gerard

Well done Gerard ,At least they have the right man for the job .

Pumpy :)

Good to hear Gerard can't wait to get over next month with the beer club and sample a few beers :super: .Cheers Dave

Good to hear Gerard. We'll be there for a weekend soon.

Cheers.

We now have 3 beers kicking away in the fermentors, but not without a few dramas. After the first 2 brews there were some welding jobs, including the lauter tun floor which shat itself. Today we will do some more modifications & hopefully brew again tomorrow. The Dirty Angel was brewed yesterday, & should be ready for the opening sometime around the 27th of June, the Whale Ale is tasting great at the moment, just need to get the place open & sell a few pots!
Cheers
Gerard

Ahhh glorius timing :beer:

Good to hear Gerard. We'll be there for a weekend soon.

Cheers.

Duff bring your clubs & bring some game! I haven't had a hit for a few weeks but I am trying to get out for 9 holes weds arvo, :D

Jimi, I was trying to get a few beers done earlier so that I could get a keg up to Melb for SpecTAPular this Sunday, but we got stuffed around way too much so I pulled the pin & let someone else have our spot.

Cheers
Gerard

Duff bring your clubs & bring some game! I haven't had a hit for a few weeks but I am trying to get out for 9 holes weds arvo, :D

I'm ready. We'll do a traditionalist match at Port Fairy soon. No 3 woods, will sub a 1 iron instead!

Jimi, I was trying to get a few beers done earlier so that I could get a keg up to Melb for SpecTAPular this Sunday, but we got stuffed around way too much so I pulled the pin & let someone else have our spot.

Cheers
Gerard

The SpecTAPular sounds alright, they've had some great beers on there, but unfortunately not much space for the pram to move around. A beer spilt into the pram is not the "head wetting" I'm going for.
;)

Warnambool was the origin 'road trip' for us when we turned 18 and were looking for a night out after footy. Looks like it'll be the new attraction again!

I'm ready. We'll do a traditionalist match at Port Fairy soon. No 3 woods, will sub a 1 iron instead!

Umm, my persimmon driver has a graphite shaft, does that count? A few 3 woods here & 1 irons so no dramas there! I will sub my Mum's old 4 wood for the hybrid. We will have to play it twice so I can show off how far I can bomb with a bit of technology.
All washed down with tankards of Dirty Angel.

Cheers
Gerard

Cheers
Gerard

Bugger, I'm going to the SpecTapular, it would have been great to get to try your beer Gerard.

Guess I'll have to head down to the Flying Horse instead

TB

We now have 3 beers kicking away in the fermentors, The Dirty Angel was brewed yesterday, & should be ready for the opening sometime around the 27th of June, the Whale Ale is tasting great at the moment, just need to get the place open & sell a few pots!
Cheers
Gerard

OK a few changes, we will now be ready for opening on Saturday July 5th!!!!!
There has been a delay caused by something that is not brewery related.
Cheers
Gerard

We had a night for the tradies that have worked on the project this evening. By Friday we should have everything sorted out & tills operating.
The Dirty Angel has been by far the most popular, & the Whale Ale will be on tap by Friday arvo.
Cheers
Gerard

Nice.

I'll be tonguing for a decent beer after enduring a day at the Fun4Kids Festival on Sunday. The timing couldn't be better. I may even sneak in on Saturday if I can find an excuse to get to town.

Good luck with the opening.

Bagnol

OK a few changes, we will now be ready for opening on Saturday July 5th!!!!!
There has been a delay caused by something that is not brewery related.
Cheers
Gerard

Gerard, good luck for the 5th - how long is the drive from Melb?? What time is the openning?

Gerard, good luck for the 5th - how long is the drive from Melb?? What time is the openning?

Merc
We are having a "soft opening" with a bigger opening in about a month or so. We are about 3 hrs drive from Melb CBD. There are a few short cuts that I have taken, but wouldn't try & explain, but if you can detour around Geelong it is a bonus. We will be back into fullscale brewing next week.
Cheers
Gerard

Whereabouts in Warnambool are you located Gerard?

Have a mate going over there next week and he is keen to visit the FHB!

C&B
TDA

Whereabouts in Warnambool are you located Gerard?

Have a mate going over there next week and he is keen to visit the FHB!

C&B
TDA

TDA
We are on the Princes H'way as you come into town from Melb. You can't miss it.
Cheers
Gerard

Back