The Flying Horse Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to finish the bottle-filler his week, so you may end up with a test sample.

We will be running water through our new 4 head counter pressure filler in the morning. It is more than just a bottling machine, it is a work of art. :beerbang:
Hope the bloody thing works.
Cheers
Gerard

We will be running water through our new 4 head counter pressure filler in the morning. It is more than just a bottling machine, it is a work of art. :beerbang:
Hope the bloody thing works.
Cheers
Gerard

Great news GM. But despite undoubtedly being of the highest quality, such a device really does need some thorough roadtesting and feedback sessions...

Send some West old fella..!!!!

Postage would be WAAAYYY too much unfortunately KoNG. Tell you what, I'll email you my tasting notes...?

Piss off Get in line T.D. We got AC here, so if I have to sit in my bedroom and drink them I will. (My conical is within arms reach of the bed - nice and cool :) )

Aircon will get you close Duff, but your weather is just too darn nice up there. You need gloomy overcast weather to really appreciate an English Dark Ale. Sydney's forecast for the next few days fits the bill nicely!

Of course, the logical and gentlemanly way to settle all this would be for Gerard to send us all a six pack...

G'day Gerard, am looking forward to tasting your wares. We'll be there Wednesday and Thursday for a good look see.

tdh

G'day Gerard, am looking forward to tasting your wares. We'll be there Wednesday and Thursday for a good look see.

tdh

Thomas
I look forward to catching up with you, but if the weather is OK I could be on the golf course Weds arvo
Cheers
Gerard

Belgian Summer Ale went on tap this morning. It should be in great condition by about 3pm.
Cheers
Gerard

OK the bottling plant will be operational by Thurs arvo. Pallet of glass arriving early next week. There should be a few samples in the post next week.
If the labels turn up then we will have take-aways on sale for Christmas
Cheers
Gerard

The last adjustment worked great, only one small welding job before we start the cleaning run & get going.
Glass arrives tomorrow.
At this stage we will be doing a bottling shift Weds & Thurs
Labels arrive next week, stick em on & get them into the bottle shop.
Cheers
Gerard

Hey Gerard, great news. Looks like you'll need to get that up-sized brewery into action sooner rather than later!

Any plans to get the bottles into stores interstate?

Hey Gerard, great news. Looks like you'll need to get that up-sized brewery into action sooner rather than later!

Any plans to get the bottles into stores interstate?

Tim
New brew house has arrived in Oz, just need to get the new fermenters & bright tanks here. Everything "should" be ready to install early March. For now we push on with the present set-up.
Our beers are un-filtered & un-pasturised, so that limits our ability to conquer the world. We will have a few places in Melb, & around the South-West. We will look at a few Sydney sessions later next year. There could be some inter-net sales of special brews, but for now it is just 6 packs of Whale & Dirty!
Cheers
Gerard

Looks like I get to make a stop by there tomorrow. Looking forward to some of the beers Gerard. Forgot my holiday plans had me travelling through Warrnambool and past your brewery.

Cheers

HK

Didn't see this until just now HK. We had a pretty busy day, well I was just doing tranfers & keeping an eye on the cricket, but others looked busy. I ended up behind the bar pulling beers late this arvo, glad I am not asked to do that on a permanent basis. If you found your way in I hope you enjoyed the beers.
Cheers
Gerard

Didn't see this until just now HK. We had a pretty busy day, well I was just doing tranfers & keeping an eye on the cricket, but others looked busy. I ended up behind the bar pulling beers late this arvo, glad I am not asked to do that on a permanent basis. If you found your way in I hope you enjoyed the beers.
Cheers
Gerard

Thanks Gerard,

I was really looking forward to dropping in. However as we arrive in the bool, my newborn started crying his head off in the back of the car. So a quick pit stop to feed and change (45mins) we were on our way again to our next stop and I completely forgot till we were about 50kms out of town. I was spewing. However I will endevour to make it in one day on a return trip.

Cheers

HK

Thanks Gerard,
I was really looking forward to dropping in. However as we arrive in the bool, my newborn started crying his head off in the back of the car. So a quick pit stop to feed and change (45mins) we were on our way again to our next stop and I completely forgot till we were about 50kms out of town. I was spewing. However I will endevour to make it in one day on a return trip.
Cheers
HK

Bad luck mate. You missed out on the baby change tables & the cleanest toilets in any pub I have seen. The Lounge area is generally packed with prams & strollers in the mid/late afternoon during the week.
Cheers
Gerard

28/1/2009

POSITIONS VACANT

Head Brewer Flying Horse Bar & Brewery, Warrnambool

The Flying Horse Bar & Brewery one of regional Victorias largest hotels and newest Microbreweries on the end of the Great Ocean Road has been operational since July 4, 2008.

The Brewery has produced up to 6 different beers and is seeking a suitable person to assume the role as Head Brewer.

The applicant should have experience, a team player and passionate about brewing and promoting his/her beer.

The business is privately owned and you will enjoy a close working relationship with the owner/managers and a sea change in the premier city of South West Victoria.

The current brewery will be upgraded at the start of March to a conventional 10hl mash/lauter system designed for infusion brewing with on board control system complete in a stainless finish.

An attractive salary is available to a suitable applicant. Contract Brewing will also be considered.

Application close March 7.

For more information phone Matt Monk on 0417 011 047 or email resume and letter of application to [email protected]

Feel free to visit our website www.theflyinghorse.com.au

Latest posts

Back