The Corona Virus (COVID 19) Thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife is on face book, this morning she happened to show me a post someone had put up, 'Isn't this lovely' The biggest load of garbage I have read, 'Every one should self isolate read and be at peace for a month, after the month is over we emerge like butterfly's mending relationships with peace and love for all mankind'. Despite my argument that in real life, folk have been fighting over toilet rolls, supermarket staff spat at and punched, a staff member stabbed, hoarders are no better than looters, arguments and fights among the pensioner hour outside supermarkets. She refuses to see my point of view until karma struck. Today she lost her (not inexpensive watch) inside Coles and it wasn't handed in. Though I was somewhat pleased, I now know what she will be wanting for her birthday in a weeks time.

On Facebook I’ve started to be bombarded by craft breweries offering free shipping.

Hopefully just going for people avoiding shops, but makes you realise that a lot of businesses will be doing it tough over the next few months.

Make sure you buy a few cases from your favourite breweries

Last edited:
I'm hearing on the radio that here in Melbourne, people are getting booked by the police for non-essential travel. Do you reckon the average copper on the beat would consider driving to your homebrew shop to pick up a pre-arranged order of grain, hops, etc non-essential travel. If you can go to the supermarket and bunnings, what are the odds? Knowing my luck lately, the demons would chuck me in the lock-up for sedition and inciting. Welcome to the future. Ah-choo!

It's grain, you're going to mill it to make bread, an essential food source, and the other stuff is flavouring for it. ;)

If the bottle shops are still open, there should be no reason you can get booked by heading to the home brew shop. No difference between either driving to the LHBS or the local bottle shop.

If the bottle shops are still open, there should be no reason you can get booked by heading to the home brew shop. No difference between either driving to the LHBS or the local bottle shop.
That's sound home brewers logic, just have to hope that the policeman who pulls you over is a home brewer.:)

If your LHBS was open to customers surely that would indicated that one could venture out to that particular shop? Or put another way, your LHBS would not be open if 100% of their customers were risking fines or imprisonment just for entering their premises.

In NZ, all of the LHBS were shut down as soon as we went to the Level 4 lockdown. One could not even order a packet of yeast or grain and get it delivered, much less go to the shop.
Since then, some of the shops have been opened up as they serve essential companies. (breweries, not home brewers). They could only take online orders. Finally there are some that are now open, and they only take online orders. However, every homebrewer is inundating them with orders, so they are understandably slow to communicate or get the orders out. (Driving is not an option, and you will get done for driving any distance from your home.)
You are probably still in a slightly better position from the homebrewer's perspective in Aus.

You fellas, our ANZAC brothers, are probably in a better perspective as far as the covid-19 goes. Mind you, my arm feels much better since I realized I had to stay home and self-isolate. First off I thought they said I had to self-violate.

You fellas, our ANZAC brothers, are probably in a better perspective as far as the covid-19 goes. Mind you, my arm feels much better since I realized I had to stay home and self-isolate. First off I thought they said I had to self-violate.

In all fairness, if things keep going this way, self violation will be the only sport available.

At least you know there will never be a draw. Hang on, both hands. Gigeddy.

Cops here make the call about when to fine or not and just pulled over 2 guys in a ute (tradies on the way to a job) "you two related?" "nope" "well here's $1000 fine each, and $5000 to the company, you should be in separate vehicles" We're still hurting financially here from the fires, we're a tourist town so no Xmas income and now no Easter, jobs at a premium shops closed, I understand the need for social distancing but am I the only one that senses a bit of revenue raising going on here, these guys can work on site together but apparently not travel together. Bit like radar cops always sit at the bottom of a hill never at the top, at the top they'll only get speeders but at the bottom they also get the unwary, and claim it's about safety I call BS. Feel free to disagree, maybe I'm being a bit paranoid but I can't help the feeling that the government needs to get back as much money as it can to pay for the handouts, and fining these two guys for being in a work vehicle together, when if they were sitting on a park bench they'd be ok is a bit much.

I can't believe all the conspiracy theory wack jobs that have come out with their crazy theories. Covid19 is a man made biological weapon made by the Chinese to take over the world.
Covid19 is caused by 5G and has the same symptoms. 5G is a way to break down our brains defence mechanism so when they implant the vaccine chip in us we will become AI and can be controlled. Theres an FB group called David Icke super group. This fucktard (Who was told by spirits he is a Godhead..lol) has all these followers who say all the people in hospitals on TV in the UK are just dummies, no one is dying from Covid19. Yeah right and millions of doctors nurses and ES people are in on it too???

What a bunch of absolute ******* morons...

Cops here make the call about when to fine or not and just pulled over 2 guys in a ute (tradies on the way to a job) "you two related?" "nope" "well here's $1000 fine each, and $5000 to the company, you should be in separate vehicles" We're still hurting financially here from the fires, we're a tourist town so no Xmas income and now no Easter, jobs at a premium shops closed, I understand the need for social distancing but am I the only one that senses a bit of revenue raising going on here, these guys can work on site together but apparently not travel together. Bit like radar cops always sit at the bottom of a hill never at the top, at the top they'll only get speeders but at the bottom they also get the unwary, and claim it's about safety I call BS. Feel free to disagree, maybe I'm being a bit paranoid but I can't help the feeling that the government needs to get back as much money as it can to pay for the handouts, and fining these two guys for being in a work vehicle together, when if they were sitting on a park bench they'd be ok is a bit much.
I sympathize with communities that rely on tourism, they are taking a double hit. After the bushfires people were told to stay away. Now they have to stay away due to COVID19.
But Grmblz, sitting on a park bench in open air and sitting in a car (confined space) with .5 of a meter between you is completely different!!

I sympathize with communities that rely on tourism, they are taking a double hit. After the bushfires people were told to stay away. Now they have to stay away due to COVID19.
But Grmblz, sitting on a park bench in open air and sitting in a car (confined space) with .5 of a meter between you is completely different!!
Yeah I get it, and it's a fair call, but wouldn't a warning have been in order, I mean the messages/rules have been changing every day, I still don't know if I can drive to Sydney to collect building gear, I asked the local cops and got a "I wouldn't have a problem with it but someone else might) wtf? even the cops don't know!

My wife is on face book, this morning she happened to show me a post someone had put up, 'Isn't this lovely' The biggest load of garbage I have read, 'Every one should self isolate read and be at peace for a month, after the month is over we emerge like butterfly's mending relationships with peace and love for all mankind'. Despite my argument that in real life, folk have been fighting over toilet rolls, supermarket staff spat at and punched, a staff member stabbed, hoarders are no better than looters, arguments and fights among the pensioner hour outside supermarkets. She refuses to see my point of view until karma struck. Today she lost her (not inexpensive watch) inside Coles and it wasn't handed in. Though I was somewhat pleased, I now know what she will be wanting for her birthday in a weeks time.
Lol, yeah seen a few posts similar. Rainbows, and cute puppydog gifs will save us all, right?

Definitely some massive fucktard behaviour that comes out in humanity, as shown on the news. Try your best to not join in with them. As Buddha said, "Don't be a malaka".

Latest posts

Back